Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Dead Battery

Old 10-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts
Default Re: Dead Battery

I believe there is also an issue where the batteries corrode and destroy the circut board inside causing a battery draining short. Do a search on sirens.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ZERACER
I believe there is also an issue where the batteries corrode and destroy the circut board inside causing a battery draining short. Do a search on sirens.
You are correct. The corrosion from the failed batteries have caused havoc with the circuit board in the siren module. My question more specifically was prior to total failure and acid leakage from the batteries, are they being recharged and what effect might failing/old NI-MH batteries have on car battery drain. My experience with NI-MH batteries is that as the battery ages, its ability to hold a charge decreases which results in more frequent recharging.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:50 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Hindin
You are correct. The corrosion from the failed batteries have caused havoc with the circuit board in the siren module. My question more specifically was prior to total failure and acid leakage from the batteries, are they being recharged and what effect might failing/old NI-MH batteries have on car battery drain. My experience with NI-MH batteries is that as the battery ages, its ability to hold a charge decreases which results in more frequent recharging.
I have no recollection of these batteries draining the car battery. They leak when they are at the end of their life and the electrolyte inside finally eats through to the outside. I presume that they are self regulating with regard to charging, maybe that accounts for the extensive circuit board inside them. They do not trickle charge very easily if at all.

Last edited by onehundred80; 10-23-2018 at 04:02 PM.