Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Spoiler not deploying

Old 10-14-2018, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler not deploying

Confession time - I suck at searching for info. Apologies if this has been dealt with before.

Today my spoiler did not deploy at speed. I manually deployed, but later it would not retract unless I held the button down until it retracted fully. The minute I let off the button, it went right back up. It stayed retracted only when I turned off the engine while holding the button down. Just prior to this I had a guy bypass the seat module so my power seats would work again.
At the same time, the radio would not shut off after the ignition was turned off.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:41 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Spoiler not deploying

Originally Posted by HanksDad
Confession time - I suck at searching for info. Apologies if this has been dealt with before.

Today my spoiler did not deploy at speed. I manually deployed, but later it would not retract unless I held the button down until it retracted fully. The minute I let off the button, it went right back up. It stayed retracted only when I turned off the engine while holding the button down. Just prior to this I had a guy bypass the seat module so my power seats would work again.
At the same time, the radio would not shut off after the ignition was turned off.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
A wire in the seat relay is live all the time, there are two diodes in the relay to stop power going down the wrong circuit. Is it possible that power is going down the wrong circuits and causing your problems? A diode in my relay failed and the seats would only operate one way.
My first step would be to repair or replace the seat relay and go from there.