Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Twin Turbo News!!!

Old 09-05-2006, 02:12 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Twin Turbo News!!!

i would be very interested, if your doing a tour with your vehicle...i would love for you to stop in wichita, ks...if i get a ride in your vehicle, and you offer to do my tuning and installation *for a cost* i would be able to pay you, that day...no bs, i'm very interested, but keep in mind i am selling my car, so if your not here before its gone, i'm moving on.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Banned

HDDP - I understand your perspective. All of these problems that I listed in that posting, however, occurred on my Crossfire which is still under full warranty, and essentially untouched. A Chrysler field tech had to be flown out here to Utah after I complained long enough to meet with me. Everything was deemed to be manufacturing flaws and was paid for and corrected. I have TWO Crossfires, one which I picked up wrecked that was essentially untouched mechanically speaking and I have been able to utilize that Crossfire for a great deal of the testing in relation to the turbo kit. I assure you, the problems I came to this site for help with are not my fault - nor anyone else's whom has worked on either of these cars for any tuning purposes - not to mention all of these problems ended up being quite minor. So like I said, I understand your perspective but please take everything in context, as I've already explained what those problems ended up being on that same thread.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Banned

So again, we have two people on board? I haven't been on this site in quite some time until I posted this thread, and it saddens me how the activity and enthusiasm for new parts has dwindled down so low. If I don't receive more support, than we will not produce any kits aside from mine.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jp2005
i would be very interested, if your doing a tour with your vehicle...i would love for you to stop in wichita, ks...if i get a ride in your vehicle, and you offer to do my tuning and installation *for a cost* i would be able to pay you, that day...no bs, i'm very interested, but keep in mind i am selling my car, so if your not here before its gone, i'm moving on.
That would depend on how soon you will be selling it. Why would you want to turbocharger your car only to sale it and not be able to enjoy it?

Old 09-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Forum Regular

you misunderstood me. i want to sell my car and am trying to sell it now *but obviously these things don't sell fast* , only because i want it to be faster...but if this twin turbo setup is serious then i would put it on my car and keep it. so if you can complete your car, and bring it to me or meet me, and let me ride/drive it so i can tell the difference, i would keep my car, put the twins on and keep it as my dd.

otherwise i'm getting a viper.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by jp2005
you misunderstood me. i want to sell my car and am trying to sell it now *but obviously these things don't sell fast* , only because i want it to be faster...but if this twin turbo setup is serious then i would put it on my car and keep it. so if you can complete your car, and bring it to me or meet me, and let me ride/drive it so i can tell the difference, i would keep my car, put the twins on and keep it as my dd.

otherwise i'm getting a viper.
Must be nice to have such disposable income at age 20. What does your dad do for a living.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blade
Must be nice to have such disposable income at age 20. What does your dad do for a living.
I appreciate how trying to support this car and this website by producing what you all have been asking about for two years now and begging for at a cheap price brings random insults from complete strangers...

My dad doesn't do anything, he's dead. So is my mother.

I live on my own. I'm a full time college student that also works part time for the county counseling drug and alcohol patients, does nuclear, biological and chemical warfare for the Air Force, and also holds down a third position as a full time private investigator. I'm also in the process of launching my own tuning shop in the Salt Lake Valley.

Any questions?

Old 09-08-2006, 12:57 AM
Forum Regular

he was talking to me (about the viper) -- that's why he quoted me...if its of any concern i don't receive one penny from my parents, and haven't really got anything since i was 17 from them and earn more than both my parents combined'--'i got into a very good sales job and one of the best in the field in the country.

afws -- as far as these turbos, have you got any updates, as i said...very interested.

Last edited by jp2005; 09-08-2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you didn't really give a full run down of the kit, explain the manifold or anything. you just sort of gave an idea. and no one, i mean no one is going to be on board until the ecu thing is worked out. once that's figured out, i'm on board...but you are a long way off from anything viable. i hope the kit works out, i've been waiting for one for years. keep us posted.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:17 AM

Twin-Turbo six speed convertible, damn I guess I might be interested, not committed, but interested. Just means I will have two cross fires. I may be way off base but if you are going to piggy back another ECU for the 2T you might consider a used Toyota Supra 93'-on Twin Turbo ECU. Matter of face with of the problems I been reading about on this forum I would love to put the Twin-Turbo Supra motor in the Crossfire and be done with all the German engineering problems period, not to mention that this motor can go from 320 hp stock to 900 hp, and more. Do not get me wrong I love my SRT-6, it reminds a lot of my Supra, minus all the arrogance, and that might be something this site could use less of as well, just and observation.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by afws04
I appreciate how trying to support this car and this website by producing what you all have been asking about for two years now and begging for at a cheap price brings random insults from complete strangers...

My dad doesn't do anything, he's dead. So is my mother.

I live on my own. I'm a full time college student that also works part time for the county counseling drug and alcohol patients, does nuclear, biological and chemical warfare for the Air Force, and also holds down a third position as a full time private investigator. I'm also in the process of launching my own tuning shop in the Salt Lake Valley.

Any questions?
Yes, just one: how is it you can do all of that, yet you are unable to read that I quoted someone else in my post, not you.

That's good jp2005; most 20 year olds are still mooching of their parents.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:20 AM

With all do respect, I am new, but already sick of reading about someone’s feelings on the subject of 20 year olds and the negative slams. I have raised fives sons, they are a product of what we as parent invest, and that is not only monetarily. So, if there is a problem with them, look to their parents and the world we live in today is much different than it was 30 years ago.

So if you think driving this car says anything about the fact that you have a little more class the average Joe, please show it and try a little self control, lead by example, less slamming, whether it is a 20 year old that just got a new SRT-6 for grad-gift or a salesman trying to present this forum with some much needed options.

Sorry for blasting off here.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Banned

Yes, just one: how is it you can do all of that, yet you are unable to read that I quoted someone else in my post, not you.

That's good jp2005; most 20 year olds are still mooching of their parents.
Well that's my fault, I apologize - it sounded like it was directed towards me and since I've had insults directed at me on this site because of my age in the past, I assumed. Trust me, I can read - but my mistake was in assuming, which I'll gladly admit. I haven't been on this site in quite some time until now and last time I was on here I was the youngest Crossfire owner on here - so I didn't realize jp2005 was my age as well.

Apologies! But regardless, no need to be rude.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rlynes
With all do respect, I am new, but already sick of reading about someone’s feelings on the subject of 20 year olds and the negative slams. I have raised fives sons, they are a product of what we as parent invest, and that is not only monetarily. So, if there is a problem with them, look to their parents and the world we live in today is much different than it was 30 years ago.

So if you think driving this car says anything about the fact that you have a little more class the average Joe, please show it and try a little self control, lead by example, less slamming, whether it is a 20 year old that just got a new SRT-6 for grad-gift or a salesman trying to present this forum with some much needed options.

Agreed, and appreciated. Regardless of whether or not I took the twenty year old insult thing wrong, I still have received them before and am right in defending against it even if it wasn't directed towards me, since I'm the same age and drive the same car, in a was it is directed towards me as well. The comment was not appropriate whatsoever.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by x'ed
you didn't really give a full run down of the kit, explain the manifold or anything. you just sort of gave an idea. and no one, i mean no one is going to be on board until the ecu thing is worked out. once that's figured out, i'm on board...but you are a long way off from anything viable. i hope the kit works out, i've been waiting for one for years. keep us posted.
Agreed on this one as well. That's why this thread is merely a way to get some excitement going and a tentative list of those that would purchase one if everything goes as planned and the bugs are worked out - I'm essentially putting my own crossfire on the line with testing this kit so all of you can have a finished, perfectly functioning product. The ECU will be worked out, and the kit will come with it we've decided.

Like I said, I just want a final list of those who want the final product. It will be perfected and the bugs will be worked out by the end. I will also document everything we do on here for everyone.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just don’t understand how you want people to commit to a product that doesn't even exist and one with which the parts aren't even fully named. don't get me wrong, i’m excited, but let them put it on your car before you ask for commitment.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by rlynes

If you think handing your son the keys to a $50k new car is a good gift for graduation, then that's your thing. I guess there is nothing to be said for hard work anymore. You should live in my area where high school students drive $30-60k cars and then maybe you'd understand where I'm coming from.

Also, I don't think there is a point to your post at all. I have read it numerous times, yet it does not seem to make any more sense.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by afws04
Well that's my fault, I apologize - it sounded like it was directed towards me and since I've had insults directed at me on this site because of my age in the past, I assumed. Trust me, I can read - but my mistake was in assuming, which I'll gladly admit. I haven't been on this site in quite some time until now and last time I was on here I was the youngest Crossfire owner on here - so I didn't realize jp2005 was my age as well.

Apologies! But regardless, no need to be rude.
I would not blast you for your age. I turned 21 in July.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:57 PM

If you think handing your son the keys to a $50k new car is a good gift for graduation, then that's your thing. I guess there is nothing to be said for hard work anymore. You should live in my area where high school students drive $30-60k cars and then maybe you'd understand where I'm coming from.

Also, I don't think there is a point to your post at all. I have read it numerous times, yet it does not seem to make any more sense.
Dear Blade,

If that is what you concluded, I can see why you had to read it numerous times. I made zero judgments reference to being in favor of it or not. Perhaps you should read again. Also, please do not think that you know anything about me or where I live, that would be another mistake.

You are right however; none of this has anything to do with this thread.

Last edited by rlynes; 09-08-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's hysterical, very clever... but man, where has this forum gone?? i can't even keep up with who's sticking up for who and who is actually interested in the turbo setup. and it happens in the majority of threads here... oops, where'd this soapbox come from? please continue.

Last edited by former NXMX5; 09-08-2006 at 03:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo News!!!