Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Dyno Question

Old 09-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dyno Question

Can anyone tell me if it was only the automatic cars that were experiencing issues with the ESP kicking in on the dynos, or did this include the 6 speeds also?

Thanks.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dyno Question

All of them.
Do a search, there's a thread regarding pulling fuses.
There's a thread where somebody jacked the front of the car up and manually spun the wheel to fool the ESP.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:35 PM

We tried that, but it was very difficult to do. You have to spin the tire up to ten miles per hour, guess I never got it up that fast. After the SI Ecu modification the ESP button actually shut off my esp completely. You can always give the tire spinning a shot, but the guys as the dyno will laugh their azzes off at you, I didn't care though, I wanted my dang dyno. But I can save you the time, depending on the dyno you are probably making between 180-200 whp. On a realistic dyno its more like 180.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:36 PM

P.S., got any pics of the Shelby?

Old 09-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Disconnect the YAW sensor and rear ABS sensors. You should then be able to do a full dyno to red line.

Yaw sensor is located just aft of the gearshift (small box bolted to the transmission tunnel).

Hope that helps.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
Disconnect the YAW sensor and rear wheel sensors. You should then be able to do a full dyno to red line.

Yaw sensor is located just aft of the gearshift (small box bolted to the transmission tunnel).

Hope that helps.
I don't think that will work for the dyno TimeLord; as soon as you pop any of the wheel sensors the CAB module with throw a code and the spoiler will pop-up and you'll get the dreaded rev limit. There again there do seem to be some differences between the model years from what others are posting. Worth a try I guess. The only way I could fool the thing for was to feed a front wheel speed signal into the CAB unit so the car thinks its moving. The YAW disconnect just disables the ESP on mine, not the TC or wheel sensor failure detect.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I sit corrected sir...

Me bows to the Woody...

Old 09-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by woody
I don't think that will work for the dyno TimeLord; as soon as you pop any of the wheel sensors the CAB module with throw a code and the spoiler will pop-up and you'll get the dreaded rev limit. There again there do seem to be some differences between the model years from what others are posting. Worth a try I guess. The only way I could fool the thing for was to feed a front wheel speed signal into the CAB unit so the car thinks its moving. The YAW disconnect just disables the ESP on mine, not the TC or wheel sensor failure detect.
There is something you can do with the ecu to allow it to happen. Too bad the guys at speedinnovations disappeared from our world. Took Jesse all of 45 seconds to allow the car to run on the dyno the right way.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by x'ed
There is something you can do with the ecu to allow it to happen. Too bad the guys at speedinnovations disappeared from our world. Took Jesse all of 45 seconds to allow the car to run on the dyno the right way.
Yep the ECU holds all the secrets, once you have the ability to poke around in there the skies the limit (well almost).

Sorry for the treadjack but what actually happened with SI? I didn't know they had disappeared.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by woody
Yep the ECU holds all the secrets, once you have the ability to poke around in there the skies the limit (well almost).

Sorry for the treadjack but what actually happened with SI? I didn't know they had disappeared.
I don't want to get any info wrong, Derek can give you the full run down. Something about stealing though. Crooks all over these forums, I swear. Aggravates me.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:51 PM

Thanks for the info. I wanted to get actual numbers on my car before I started doing a couple mods. I was then going to dyno it in-between the ECU mod and exhaust mod. It looks like I will not be able to get preliminary numbers though.

On a side note can anyone expand on the SI situation? I looked for a thread and couldn't find one. Like some of the others I didn't know there were any issues. If there are indeed serious issues, I'll have to go some where else for the calibration...

X'ed, I have a couple of pics of my GLHS in my gallery along with the CSX-VNT I use to have.

Thanks.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:28 PM
RPM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fino
Thanks for the info. I wanted to get actual numbers on my car before I started doing a couple mods. I was then going to dyno it in-between the ECU mod and exhaust mod. It looks like I will not be able to get preliminary numbers though.

On a side note can anyone expand on the SI situation? I looked for a thread and couldn't find one. Like some of the others I didn't know there were any issues. If there are indeed serious issues, I'll have to go some where else for the calibration...

X'ed, I have a couple of pics of my GLHS in my gallery along with the CSX-VNT I use to have.

Thanks.
Do a search for 'Someone has a particulary strong' or similar. It will bring up a huge SI thread (I think).

Not sure what is going on w/SI. I have sent them ~ 3-4 emails in the past few months w/no response at all.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
Do a search for 'Someone has a particularly strong' or similar. It will bring up a huge SI thread (I think).

Not sure what is going on w/SI. I have sent them ~ 3-4 emails in the past few months w/no response at all.
I did the search and found the thread you were talking about, but I didn't see any posts about people having problems with SI. It was mostly about the SRT setup. However, there were a lot of deleted posts in the thread. Maybe something was removed?

Old 09-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RPM
Do a search for 'Someone has a particularly strong' or similar. It will bring up a huge SI thread (I think).

Do it the old fashion way, give em a call. 323.401.3231