Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

will i run lean with an ecu tune?

Old 05-29-2008, 08:55 AM
www.CustomCrossfire.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default will i run lean with an ecu tune?

will i be running lean if i get an ecu tune with my current mods? i have intake, exhaust, plugs, and wires. i have read somewhere on here that if you get a tune without new injectors you will be running lean.. is this the truth?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: will i run lean with an ecu tune?

I think you're correct.
I don't think just new injectors will solve your problem - I think you still need the ECU tune to squirt more fuel through the injectors so you don't run lean.
TVT wrote all about this - either search or contact them directly would be my suggestion.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The purpose of a tune is to have your air/fuel where it should be with the mods that was specified. That's the whole purpose of a tune to prevent from running lean.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your currently running lean with out an ecu tune

Old 05-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well that can go both ways. because if you were to stick bigger injectors in with out a tune they would still be pulsing at that set duty cycle. which means you most likely would be running pig ritch. An intake and exhaust will not make a difference in running lean. The mass air flow meter measures the amount of air entering the engine and monitors accordingly, and the ebp snsr measure the amount of back pressure in the exhaust and with other sensors would also adjust accordingly. but a tune will help make sure and possibly give you more power. also from my standpoint it is really hard to tune a vehicle without a wideband. some newer cars a equipped but that will tell you where you are running now......

Old 05-29-2008, 01:08 PM
TVT_DESIGN

The basic ECU flash leans out the fuel trim on these cars to make power, along with advancing the timing.

A CAI and exhaust will be pushing the stock injectors to the lean side. A really good breathing exhaust changes the AFR dramatically on these cars.

You will need larger injectors to see the most out of those mods and a tune. Expect about 25-30 HP more with the injectors then without.

Anthony