Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Hose left of coolant tank throbbing?

Old 04-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hose left of coolant tank throbbing?

Popped in a new battery (Interstate MTP-91) earlier today, and when I connected the terminals there was a big spark and pop. The terminals were connected to the proper positions.

Following that, my BAS ESP light and coolant light came on. Car seemed to run alright otherwise. Took care of the BAS ESP light by turning the wheel left and right, but the coolant light remained on. Checked all fuses, many were blown (from the battery, I guess?). Replaced all the ones I could, and waiting on a replacement 50 AMP fuse for the radiator fan, which I hope fixes the coolant light issue.

Now, to my point - The hose that runs left of the coolant reservoir - I didn't pay attention to this house prior to this incident, but it's the one that connects from the radiator (I think) to a smaller device near the battery with two bosch cylinders (not sure what that is). This tube doesn't have a constant flow of whatever it is (coolant?) running through it, rather it goes in spurts. I can visually see the hose shudder a bit when the liquid moves through it.

And the question - Is that normal? If not, what should I be looking at to fix it?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 04-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hose left of coolant tank throbbing?

Sounds like the coolant valve.

But you should be looking into why the fuses blew. That is not normal.
Ignition on when changing battery? even that should not blow fuses but something is not right.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:03 AM

Nothing was on, key was out of ignition.

Coolant valve.. Easy/cheap to replace?

Old 04-07-2010, 08:38 PM

Everyone loves an update!

Okay, so after replacing the 50 Amp fuse (those are fun to find :\), everything seems fine EXCEPT my BAS ESP light comes on when I goose it a bit. Tried the standard reset - turn wheel all the way left, all the way right, then center - and that takes care of it at first, but then comes on again afterwards.

Cruise control seems to work fine, and traction control works fine. Checked the fuses in the left fuse box under the hood and they all seem fine.

Any suggestions?

Old 04-08-2010, 06:22 PM

Alright, well it doesn't seem that the radiator fan is spinning as fast as it should, but I doubt that's causing my BAS ESP light to come on.

Probably time to take it to the stealership

Old 04-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for what it's worth, I ran into a gal last summer with a XF identical to mine. She mentioned the radiator fan wouldnt work much at all and the car would overheat. Perhaps its related to your symptoms

Old 05-01-2010, 12:01 AM

Okay, ended up replacing the alternator and all seems well, except for the pesky ESP/BAS light.

Traction control works, though I'm not sure about stability control. Not sure about ABS, but all fuses appear to be in-tact.

The BAS/ESP light doesn't come on it seems (need to do more 'testing') until I goose it, then traction control stays on and I can't turn it off until an ignition cycle.

Any way to tell for sure that it's the yaw sensor?