Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

If you contact Upsolute give my name to save time.

Old 04-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wes, that grossly inappropriate post makes me think you need to check your stereo on your Crossfire, your chip mod may have messed it up. Sounds like only the speakers on the right side are operational and you're getting a lot of noise and static, and receiving only limited channels.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deco
Wes, that grossly inappropriate post makes me think you need to check your stereo on your Crossfire, your chip mod may have messed it up. Sounds like only the speakers on the right side are operational and you're getting a lot of noise and static, and receiving only limited channels.
Nope... I think his stereo is working very well.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
Originally Posted by deco
Nope... I think his stereo is working very well.
mega ditto's 8) 8) 8)

Old 04-09-2004, 12:51 PM

I'll stand by the facts rather than O'Reilly tactics of always attaching a personal insult, ideally some sort of labeling or name-calling, to any expression of political opinion. Crude oil futures have been rising, not sinking: http://www.wtrg.com/daily/crudeoilprice.html

This Administration's own DOE says that potential price spikes remain a danger given global uncertainties. That's an understatement, esp. given the extremely volatile situation in Venezuela, which supplies oil equaling the entire global daily excess capaity. Moreover, forecasts of price stability or decline have assumed increasing Iraqi stability. Want to bet on that?

Conversely, if you believe oil prices will stay the same or decline, then pumping in Alaska makes no economic sense. The Administration's own reports estimate that the Alaskan wildlife reserve has about 16 billion barrels of oil under it, but at current prices only between 3 and 10 billion barrels will be worth pumping. The economically recoverable oil at sub-$30 prices represents at most what the US consumes in crude in 9 months, maybe half that. Is it worth trashing one of the last great wildernesses of this country for that?

Whether one thinks oil prices will go up or down, more energy could be "generated" via conservation and demand reduction, esp. in the SUV market, than by Alaskan drilling.

Congress and various federal agencies received more comment on Alaskan drilling than on just about any other issue, ever, overwhelmingly in opposition to drilling. It's just lazy to oversimplify the issue by labeling the millions of Americans opposed to exploitation of one of the last great wildernesses -- which number includes plenty of economists and respected scientists -- as "treehuggers" or "crybabies". Such name-calling should not even be necessary between intelligent people.

Old 04-09-2004, 02:54 PM

Okay I can see I've touched too many liberal nerves so I'll keep my conservative views to myself.

You all have a very nice day. Just don't slam our president! :? Or our government. I've seen the war and we need to be firmly behind our Commander and Chief and our troops! I Lost a cousin 3 weeks ago and I'm just not in a mood to deal with people that are hurting the cause and not helping it.

Our foriegn policy is light years ahead of what we had for 8 years under the last president!

Old 04-09-2004, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by WMichaels
Our foriegn policy is light years ahead of what we had for 8 years under the last president!
Or what his heir apparent is promoting... :twisted:

but I still love my Upsolute chip 8) , even if the thread has degenerated to politics. :cry:

Old 04-09-2004, 03:39 PM

Sorry for taking it to politics.... I didn't think that it was okay to slam our foriegn policy but not okay to point out that there is another point of view. I will be leaving this forum now. So that the liberal view can flourish with impunity!

I back my government. I even did when the worst president in history was in the Whitehouse (Clinton).

These troops will not come home to that same kind of liberal BS that I did in 1971 when I returned from Viet Nam.

Enjoy your cars but I hope your man the "Hero" :lol: Kerry loses his butt.

Old 04-09-2004, 03:49 PM

Okay, it looks like itfs up to moi, a very un-opinionated, non -political kinda guy to get this thread halfway back on trackc :roll:

So here goes:

No upsolute dealers anywhere near Phoenix. Nearest one is 6 hours away in LA. :cry: I guess Wes or David will have to sell me their chip (and at half price since itfs used) so my car will be chipped!!! Donft worry tho, Ifll send you my old onec

How about that!!! Getting my car chipped for half price and got this thread on track all in "one" post!!! 8) 8) 8)

Old 04-09-2004, 04:38 PM

I guess Wes or David will have to sell me their chip
I doubt I could figure out how to get it out, even if I wanted to sell it to you (which I don't :lol: )

How about that!!! Getting my car chipped for half price and got this thread on track all in "one" post!!! 8) 8) 8)
You're awesome, dude :wink:

Old 04-09-2004, 04:45 PM

I will be leaving this forum now.
Wes,
I think you misunderstood my intention. Don't give them the satisfaction of knowing they stiffled a voice of truth.

Deco,
You started this thread degenerating to a political debate, not Wes. We're supposed to be talking about Crossfire's here, not politics. My comment regarding politics was directed at you. You want to spout off about our govt's policies, go to a polictics web board and leave us alone here to talk about cars. How 'bout we agree to hate each other for our politics, but love each other for the car we bought, and get back to talking about cars here and politics elsewhere, eh?

Old 04-09-2004, 05:01 PM

Thanks, David... You're right!!! I did miss-read what you and AZ had written. ops: I totally missed the "Mega-Dittos" comment or I would have known... I just didn't want to be a part of this forum if you guys were going to jump on me for firing back at him.... I'm really glad I was wrong.... Thanks!!!

I know that this is not a political forum and I don't want to see it turn into anything close to one. No matter what our personal politics are we all have some very cool in common... Our Fantastic cars. But I can't let someone take a shot at my government without shotting back.

Anyway....... AZ... Nice try for the half price chip!!! :lol: You are making the "Left Coast cruise" maybe you could get it done out there. It only takes less than an hour. I'm sure they have someone somewhere in your path on that trip.

Old 04-09-2004, 06:06 PM

Right on Wes! I'm right with ya! But don't leave because of someone else's oppinions.

Also, I emailed Rene and he said we could send our ECUs in and have them done. He also said he would consider a "group buy" but I haven't heard back from him, on price, since he emailed that. I posted in another thread about this also.

Lov'n it and driv'n it

Old 04-09-2004, 06:54 PM

Thanks, Airdata... I appreciate that! I think that would be great if he would give you a group rate. Maybe he'll pass a little something my way for getting this started. :lol: I really don't care if he does... I'm glad that I could lead the way to something that can make this car even better than it started.

BTW I'm glad I came to my senses..... I know I don't post here very much :lol: :lol: :lol: but I really would have missed you all!!!

You're a great bunch of people.

Old 04-09-2004, 07:05 PM

BTW I'm glad I came to my senses..... I know I don't post here very much :lol: :lol: :lol:
You don't what??? :P :P :P

Old 04-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad I'm driving my Crossfire in a free country..wonder what Saddam would do to me once he learned I'm gonna have Lambo doors :lol:

Old 04-09-2004, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cyril Baldwin
I'm glad I'm driving my Crossfire in a free country..wonder what Saddam would do to me once he learned I'm gonna have Lambo doors :lol:
I think Krusty has an idea for you :evil: :evil: :evil: :wink:

Old 04-12-2004, 03:10 PM

After all the politics let me get this back on track :lol: I am looking to get 93 in Cali does anyone know of a station or at least which station has the highest octane rating. Thanks everyone.
By the way Wes as probably the only republican in Cali I have to disagree that we should mine our own resourses. Let others do it and we will just buy it with our mighty dollar. Go Bush :!:

Old 04-15-2004, 02:23 AM
Default Oil's Well That Ends Wells

Originally Posted by David Burns
Deco,
You started this thread degenerating to a political debate...You want to spout off about our govt's policies...leave us alone here to talk about cars. How 'bout we agree to hate each other for our politics
Uh, David, I missed the memo where you were appointed Thread Censor, but in any case I used a total of one adjective, in passing, on US Middle East policy, only in context of gas prices, where this chip-mod thread had gone. That's hardly "spouting off." My first post had no criticism of anyone on this board or swipes at any subgroup of Crossfire drivers. Plus, observing there are problems with US foreign policy that could lead to higher gas prices (or much worse), is not even a "liberal" point of view, and plenty of conservatives and conservative publications agree. It didn't even occur to me that the word "messed-up" would be controversial. Nor is bringing up economics into a gas price subthread "degenerating" the discussion. It's an octane boost.

I came back to the thread on gas prices and read Wes's economics post which had good content but also needless junk about "crybaby tree-hugging liberals." Is that car talk? Or just gratuitous insult likely to start a flame war? You tell me. Did I "shoot back" as Wes considers his right? Heck yeah. The difference in our first two posts is one commented on an issue, the other is an ad hominem argument. The former is fair game in any thread. The latter -- well, if one can't take it, one shouldn't dish it out.

I do love the way there are a half-dozen posts in this thread saying "let's keep politics out" -- which then include political editorial! :P

Wes and I agree that there is a connection between government energy policy and how we enjoy our cars. I just connnected dots between energy policy and foreign policy. So has every Administration for the last 35 years.

As to criticizing the guvmint, that's as American as baseball, apple pie, and rock and roll. Government affects every aspect of our lives, including about 10,000 different aspects of car ownership, including Crossfire owners, ranging from speed limits to lease deductibility to steel tariffs to emissions standards. Some Senator could write a law to outlaw chip mods next week, who knows. Last I looked we hold elections here, not plebiscites. God bless our freedom as Americans to speak out about what we think is right and wrong, especially when lives are at stake. Anyone wants to live in a country where you can't criticize the regime, Cuba and China and Saudi Arabia are accepting applications. Cuba is a great place to work on cars, too. :lol:

I don't hate anyone for their politics. I enjoy almost all the posts on this board (the odd troll excepted), from AZ, Wes, Dallas, Vegas, Tdancer, Krusty, you and others. Any board attracts a wide variety of characters. Consider me one of them.

I follow the exploits of the Upsoluters with interest but regard it sort of like laser eye surgery. I am intrigued in the science behind any real MPG gains and hope you pioneers will continue to report the results, good or bad.