Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Cruise control failure

Old 09-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Cruise control failure

I've been mostly absent here until the past four months, with a mystery no-start of my own. With a lot of help, mostly from Ala_xfire, I got it sorted and last Friday I spliced in one wire, reassembled, and made my first test drive.

Car did perfectly, with some town and open country driving. Found only one problem. No cruise control. For just a few seconds I was discouraged. I may be again, but....

My cruise failure noted in this thread healed itself, over a month or two, and very gradually. After new and bigger rear tires it would work only up to 40 or 50 MPH (now from memory). It would work briefly and fail. Over time, the "shut-off speed" went up and the duration increased, until it eventually worked perfectly.

Last Friday was the first time it was back together in three months. Most of that time was without the battery and both the RCM and the PCM were disconnected multiple times.

I am hoping that over several trips, it will "relearn" the new tire size as I am convinced it did the first time. Many have seen this; though I may be wrong. The car will independently brake all four wheels as needed when loss of traction is noted, and cut power to the rear wheels independently if necessary. I am convinced the discrepancy sensed between front and rear wheel speed due to tires not within spec makes it think there is a loss of traction. I HOPE!!

I'll try to remember to report back on this thread it mine heals itself.

Good luck with your. Let us know how it progresses.

Michael

Old 09-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Administrator
Received 889 Likes on 693 Posts
Default Re: Cruise control failure

Too many smarts in modern cars....

ANyway, I had 285/35s on my last car, but I had them on there for 65,000 miles. I never noticed a cruise control failure, but then, around the time I went to bigger tires, I changed the battery.