Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Illuminated door sills problem

Old 06-27-2004, 08:26 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Illuminated door sills problem

Since the guy messed with my phone car kit the other day my door sills have not worked properly. If the engine is running and I stop and open the door, they come on, but only for 4 seconds and then go out again. Even though the internal dome light is still on. I'm thinking the phone chap changed a wire somewhere by mistake when putting it all back together as the radio stays on for about 4 secs after you switch off. Any ideas?

Old 06-27-2004, 08:47 AM
Forum Regular

Can you disconnect the phone to see if the Sills work correctly?

As you say, only other item to stay on for a few seconds, when the engine is turned off, is the radio. The heated seat timer is set for 5 mins. Doesn't sound like a loose wire. Does it matter how far you open your door? Does it happen with both driver and passenger doors? Does the sill light up if you open the boot or if you turn the interior lights on?

You could contact the guy who did your phone :idea:

Old 06-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Forum Regular

sorry to hear that saldous, do keep us posted as the the problem i'm considering getting the Sills myself and am collecting all the posts regarding install.

Old 06-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Illuminated door sills problem

Originally Posted by saldous
Since the guy messed with my phone car kit the other day my door sills have not worked properly.

Any ideas?
Yeah...make him fix it, at no cost to you :idea: :evil: :idea:

Old 06-27-2004, 10:31 AM
Forum Regular

Not sure I want to let them touch it again! I'd rather try and do it myself. Waiting for some radio removal tools to be delivered so I can pull it apart and do it myself.

Old 06-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure I want to let them touch it again!
I hear that :!:

Old 06-29-2004, 04:34 AM

Since the guy messed with my phone car kit the other day my door sills have not worked properly. If the engine is running and I stop and open the door, they come on, but only for 4 seconds and then go out again. Even though the internal dome light is still on. I'm thinking the phone chap changed a wire somewhere by mistake when putting it all back together as the radio stays on for about 4 secs after you switch off. Any ideas?

Old 06-29-2004, 04:39 AM

THE PROBLEM OF LIGHTED SILL PLATE FOR 4 TO 5 SECONDS THEN POWER SHUTS DOWN UNTIL YOU REOPEN THE DOOR AGAIN HAS JUST STARTED FOR ME ALSO.
I BELIEVE THE PROBLEM IS IN THE MASTER TRANSFORMER UNIT. WILL SEE THE DEALER TOMORROW FOR REPAIR REPLACEMENT. :!:

Old 06-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Forum Regular

oh. Interesting. Let me know what happens so I can get mine sorted as well. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Forum Regular

Is this an isolated problem with the Master Unit, or is it caused when the Door Sills are connected?

Is there a way of detecting a fault with the Master Unit if you do not have the door sills?

Old 06-30-2004, 12:16 PM
Forum Regular

I don't think it is that problem with mine. I think the mobile phone guy just swapped some wires. If my engine is running the lights come on and stay on fine. With the engine off and keys out, they only stay on for a few secs just like the radio does. I receided the radio removal tools in the post today so I will take a look tomorrow lunch time.

Old 06-30-2004, 02:03 PM
Forum Regular

Hmm, I'm now confused. I've spent some time today looking at this. The wires are all ok, checked the radio ones as well as the sills.

If I go to the car, press the unlock button on the key fob, open the door, the sills light up for a few seconds and then go out again. The interior light stays on, but the sills go out after a few seconds.

If I start the engine, then open the doors, the sills don't come on at all. Turn the headlights on, wait a few secs, then open the door, the sills come on fine and will work fine from then on in. If I shut the engine off close the door and lock the car, wait a few secs, unlock and open the door, the sills work fine. But, if I lock it and leave it for about 30 secs, then unlock and open, they only stay on for a few secs again. GRRRR :evil:

I am really interested to see if it is that Master Transformer Unit, whatever that is?!

Itsveryhot, how did you get on with yours?

Old 07-01-2004, 03:30 AM

SALDOUS,

TO RESPOND TO YOUR PROBLEM WITH THE POWER TO THE SILL PLATES.

YOU SHOULD CHECK THE POWER AT THE INWARD PLUG AT THE UNIT'S CONVERTER/TRANSFORMER. THIS UNIT IS LOCATED BEHIND THE PASS. SEAT UNDER THE CARPET COVER ON THE WALL OF THE DIVIDER OF PASS. COMPARTMENT/TRUNK STORAGE AREA.

PULL THE PLUG FROM THE UNIT WHEN YOU HAVE POWERED UP THE INSIDE LIGHTS AND THE SILL PLATES ARE BLACKED OUT.
THE PLUG SHOULD CONTAIN SIX OUTLET CONNECTORS. (2) ARE FOR THE POWER TO THE RIGHT SILL PLATE. (2) ARE FOR THE POWER TO THE LEFT SILL PLATE.(THESE 4 CONNECTORS SHOULD INDICATE -O-
VOLTAGE). THE LAST TWO CONNECTORS ARE THE POSITIVE AND NEGITIVE POWER OUTLETS.(RED AND BLACK WIRES THAT PICK UP THE POWER NEAR THE DASH. IF YOU INDICATE POWER AT THIS POINT, REPLACE THE TRANSFORMER/CONVERTER UNIT. CHRYSLER WILL REPLACE THIS UNIT UP TO ONE YEAR OF OWNERSHIP. THIS IS WHAT CHRYSLER DID FOR ME; REPLACING THIS UNIT FOR ME! (BAD UNIT) WILL ADVISE YOU WITH MY NEW INSTALLATION RESULTS.

Old 07-01-2004, 04:15 AM
Forum Regular

Great Thanks for that. I'll get them to look at this when they fix my vibrating speaker.

Your spec sound excellent. Do you have any pics of the reversing sensors / nav system?

Old 07-01-2004, 01:03 PM
Forum Regular

Jeff @ Huffines who I got my sills from has kindly added the sills onto the details on the system registered against my VIN number so that it is covered under warranty when I take it in to my local dealer. :-)

Old 09-22-2016, 10:01 AM

Anyone know where I can buy the strip (light) inside my door sill ??

Old 09-22-2016, 01:27 PM
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerlemoine
Anyone know where I can buy the strip (light) inside my door sill ??

Good place to start is the Wanted To Buy (WTB) section of the forum!