Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Throttle

Old 02-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle

So my car sometimes doesn't wanna do anything when I press the gas or it won't switch gears. The check engine was on so I plugged a CPU into it and it said it was a throttle position sensor. I bought one from the chrysler dealership and they gave me a whole pedal and everything. Does that mean the sensor is under the pedal itself?

Old 02-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Throttle

Hey welcome to the forum! i see you found the welcome threads, did you read any of the sticky threads at the top of this forum?

This particular forum is just a Hi how are yu kind of thing, but the rest is possibly the biggst bestestesst car information forum on Al Gores interwebs.

Throttle issues should be under engine/ exhaust Engine & Exhaust - CrossfireForum.org, or of course troubleshooting etc. Troubleshooting & Technical & Modifications - CrossfireForum.org lots of great information regarding throttle issues there. The search function on this site is fantastic! and if you still need help, posting a comprehensive thread in the appropriate forum will usually get you pointed in the right direction.

I know nothing of throttle issues, but I am sure you will have it figured out in less time than it took me to type this.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:23 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

The TPS ( Throttle Position Sensor ) is an integrated part of the Throttle Body.
It can be cleaned by removing the throttle body, then the clips that secure the black plastic cover. Use contact cleaner on the conductive etchings and on the contact fingers.
I'm not sure you have the correct part.
There IS a sensor in the throttle pedal assembly, but that is not considered to be the TPS.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

So he has a TP sensor code and the dealer sells him a pedal assembly.
Didn't Abbot and Costello do an episode similar to this?

Yea, that's why I (we) PLEAD with people to not go to a Chrysler Dealer for help!

HEY........... if the sensor in the pedal WAS bad, his symptoms would make sense.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

It would help if you could tell us what CODE you actually saw.