Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

My brakes warning light on the dash came on yesterday?

Old 03-09-2016, 05:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My brakes warning light on the dash came on yesterday?

I check the brake fluid and filled it up with Dot 4 the brake peddle is soft and goes down more then usual. Any of you had this problem?

Old 03-09-2016, 06:55 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: My brakes warning light on the dash came on yesterday?

the front calipers have sensor wires. It's telling you that your front brake pads are shot.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:33 AM

At 10 am I am taking the Crossfire to the garage to have it check all over to see if that the problem. Hope that all. Whatever it need I will have done. Thanks for the input.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by kstewart
I check the brake fluid and filled it up with Dot 4 the brake peddle is soft and goes down more then usual. Any of you had this problem?
Depends how much fluid you had to put in, maybe a leak in the system if the pedal feels mushy. Hard to say with the info given. Mushy pedal could be bad fluid or air.

The brake lite comes on when the sensor touches the rotor so it would appear to flash. On all the time could be any ones guess I'd say.

The low level of fluid would bring the brake lite into action.
I can see that the garage may have a good day, new brake pads, sensors, rotors, seals, master cylinder, lines etc.

So listen carefully to what they say and look at the parts they want to change.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-10-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:29 AM

I went down to the Chrysler garage and the service mgr. said it was the brakes. I then went to Auto Zone and they check the car and it was the ESP which is Electronic Stability Program. This tell me I need to read the Owner's Manual. Now I feel like a dumb ***. I did go and have the brakes checked and they are like new. I did put the red dust covers on .I also installed the steering stablizer which made a nice difference in the car. I now shell sit down and read the owner's manual as I should have.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Search for "Reset BAS/ESP".

Old 03-10-2016, 06:17 PM

I did as you said still no one seam to know what to do for sure. Seam hit and miss to find the way to fix it. It was raining here today so I did not take the Crossfire out to try it.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

I did as you said still no one seam to know what to do for sure. Seam hit and miss to find the way to fix it. It was raining here today so I did not take the Crossfire out to try it.
I do not think you will get many questions answered if you do not give more facts. Whose post are you answering in your last post?
How much fluid did you add to fill up the reservoir?
How many miles on the car?
New brake fluid or old added?
Has the fluid ever been changed?
Does the pedal slowly go to the floor if you push on it for a while?

Old 03-11-2016, 07:45 AM

The car has 32,800 miles, I did add a tiny amount of Dot 4 wasn't low, New brake fluid added, Has not ever been change that I know of, The brake peddle does not go to the floor, just a bit mushy it seams now. I did pull all the wheels and the brake pads still look new. When I stop and turn off the key switch then restsrt the engine the Bas ESP light is out not on. But after about 5 to 10 miles it both comes on until I stop and turn off the ignition switch. Did check all the brakes lines for brake fluid and found none. Th Crossfire is not a SRT6 just a Roadster a 2005 What else do you need?

Old 03-16-2016, 10:55 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The car has 32,800 miles, I did add a tiny amount of Dot 4 wasn't low, New brake fluid added, Has not ever been change that I know of, The brake peddle does not go to the floor, just a bit mushy it seams now. I did pull all the wheels and the brake pads still look new. When I stop and turn off the key switch then restsrt the engine the Bas ESP light is out not on. But after about 5 to 10 miles it both comes on until I stop and turn off the ignition switch. Did check all the brakes lines for brake fluid and found none. Th Crossfire is not a SRT6 just a Roadster a 2005 What else do you need?

The issue you are having seems to be more and more common. There is another recent thread on the forum dealing with the same issue. I had this issue last year and am experiencing it again this year. Soft pedal. Long travel to the near or at the floor. No leaks. Full reservoir. I even had my fluid changed last year and it's doing it again this year (after sitting for long periods its worse). I had the dash light come on and go off as well. Brake pads and rotors are fine.

I'm taking mine in on Friday to have a shop that specializes in german cars look at it. I'll let you know what I find out. Please do the same if you find out sooner.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Re: My brakes warning light on the dash came on yesterday?

Originally Posted by PNA
The issue you are having seems to be more and more common. There is another recent thread on the forum dealing with the same issue. I had this issue last year and am experiencing it again this year. Soft pedal. Long travel to the near or at the floor. No leaks. Full reservoir. I even had my fluid changed last year and it's doing it again this year (after sitting for long periods its worse). I had the dash light come on and go off as well. Brake pads and rotors are fine.

I'm taking mine in on Friday to have a shop that specializes in german cars look at it. I'll let you know what I find out. Please do the same if you find out sooner.

Update? Has anyone had to replace their master cylinder? (kstewart; brake fluid should be changed/bled at factory specified intervals).

Old 03-27-2016, 08:33 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lovecross
Update? Has anyone had to replace their master cylinder? (kstewart; brake fluid should be changed/bled at factory specified intervals).
It's what I expected. Brake fluid needed flushin and replacing. Fixed the issue. Mechanic reset the code and all was fixed. The light came on because the pedal went so far to the floor it triggered the warning light. So don't replace any switch until after you flush and replacE the field and the rest the code and test the car.