Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

crossfire key replacement!

Old 03-23-2019, 10:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: crossfire key replacement!

Originally Posted by Moore2575
you can beat that price on ebay
Just realize that it is only the shell. You have to take apart your current key and transfer the guts to the new shell. Good luck!

Last edited by HazMatt; 03-23-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:57 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by HazMatt
Just realize that it is only the shell. You have to take apart current key and transfer the guts to the ne shell. Good luck!
And don't forget the transponder chip !

Old 03-25-2019, 01:19 AM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

And my order for 7930s (no substitutes) seems to be circling a post office in China (no update since March 14th).

Old 03-25-2019, 11:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Padgett
And my order for 7930s (no substitutes) seems to be circling a post office in China (no update since March 14th).
im seeing you are waiting on your 7930 chips which ID im seeing an ID33 and ID73 and im seeing a pcf7930 and pcf7930AS

Last edited by Moore2575; 03-25-2019 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Need to add to post
Old 04-28-2019, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI
Does anybody have a good image of the reverse side of the crossfire key pcb, as i have damaged two components and need to replace the parts, but i do not know the values of the resistors or if the one is a capacitor or not.
Any help would be great as i have just bought a 2005 crossfire.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:56 PM
Received 146 Likes on 112 Posts

Just by another key fob

all of the internal boards are the same.

YOU MUST TAKE THE TRANSPONDER CHIP (small black chip located at the nose of the fob) and insert it into your new fob

get both a new empty FOB with key blank from EBay and an existing fob for the circuit board.

This is is the easiest way to correct it

there are several threads on this forum that explain how to Sync the fob to the car.

DONT FORGET TO SWAP THE CHIP

Old 05-20-2019, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you need a spare key order it from remotesandkeys.com $747.00. Cant do better, I don't think. Took about 7 weeks to get it. I pick it up tomorrow at the USPS. Will let you know if it doesn't work. Too aggravating searching around for a better deal. The key is cut and programmed by Mercedes in Germany.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:06 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnykelly
If you need a spare key order it from remotesandkeys.com $747.00. Cant do better, I don't think. Took about 7 weeks to get it. I pick it up tomorrow at the USPS. Will let you know if it doesn't work. Too aggravating searching around for a better deal. The key is cut and programmed by Mercedes in Germany.
Remotes and Keys advertise them at $485 on line.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sosdiagnostics quoted me $285 for a flat key if you send them a working key, skreem, and ecu

Old 08-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ttmmdd
sosdiagnostics quoted me $285 for a flat key if you send them a working key, skreem, and ecu
Yeah, I can't figure that one out. I got a reply from them that states the price DOES NOT include a remote???.
I can't express how nervous it makes me to take critical parts from the car, hope they arrive both directions and they can successfully create a working key (minus the REMOTE??).

Here's the email response I got when filling out the job order.

Crossfire – duplicate keys
Factory remote keys are currently unavailable. We are working on our own solution for remote keys and will notify our customers when this is available.
The cost for one programmed aftermarket key without remote is $285. Additional keys purchased at the same time can be provided for $90 each.
Parts needed:
Immobilizer module (behind instrument cluster)
ECM (engine computer)
All existing keys (at least one is required)
Shipment forms (no owner docs required)
END QUOTE

I bought a laser cut flat key duplicate for $21 from my local locksmith...

Old 08-23-2019, 11:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same problem with my key I was replacing the circuit board the new key case ( FROM EBAY ) well after installing all the parts inside including the transponder well wouldn't you know I DROPPED THE KEY !!!.. It popped open these from ebay are not good at sealing with out glue it together and use an epoxy because contact cement does not work it pops open !!! It fell into 10 pieces and I cannot find the transponder . It fell on a black drive way and I have swept , vacuumed searched and searched until my eyes are sore in this super hot weather sweating my behind off . I was so frustrated . Everywhere I have looked on line for a new key is so expensive $485 to almost $700. Needs wings says they raised the price back in October 2018 and Mercedes is discontinuing these very soon . So the Crossfire is going to be a car that will not be saved due to the expense of repairing it as some have said the key is worth more than the car. I wish I could find a way to fix this cheaply but guess this is not possible unless some computer wiz can come up with a cheap fix . I only have one working remote now . The one with out transponder just starts the engine only to fizzle out. Guess having to tear my good remote apart to get the transponder out to glue to the ignition ring is my only option is very scary now I lost the first transponder . If I could find a used remote and take the one with working remote tucked behind the dash . I have been looking into most all these post with no luck other than spend almost $700 for a new key worth more than the car . I just bought this car and now thinking of perhaps letting it go due to severe repair costs . I own a 2013 Mustang and bought aftermarket flip keys like the crossfire and I programed it easily found it on youtube how to do. it works great . Now these Crossfires are old and the security is way past the cars worth. Perhaps as people get tired of trying to fix these and they end up junked due to repair issues with Make those with pristine cars make them worth more but still a pristine cars can fail as well as those with driver cars used on weekend with high miles. I loved this car but !!! not sure what to do . thanks for any help with possible easy fixes or possible removing skreem all together . Thanks

Last edited by manlaw38; 08-23-2019 at 12:20 PM. Reason: needed to explain my issues