Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

aftermarket seats

Old 12-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket seats

stock seat are a little bit too high for me, i know if I replaced them with racing recaro/sparco
it would fit like a glove.

anybody done it here?

pm

Old 12-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: aftermarket seats

....you are aware that the seats are height adjustable, even in the base cars, right? Mine feel as though they are practically on the floor when lowered all the way.

Old 12-01-2005, 07:00 PM

you realize that i'm 6'2 220 lbs.

all the way down, i'm still to high in them.

i need bucket seats...

Old 12-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup, for us tall guys its hard to sit there, i had to cut off my mohawk a year and a half ago, seriously.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:55 PM

i wish there was some friendly tuner who told us which aftermarket seat would fit.

pete

Old 12-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

search for HDDP's post. he's put racing seats in his.

Old 12-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I put Sparco Pro2000's in my car about 6 months ago... You'll have to do some fabrication for the brackets, but if you do it properly, they'll bolt directly into the existing seat bolt holes...

Also, you'll have to fabricate an attachment for the OEM seatbelt if you plan on using the existing seatbelt. I installed a Schroth 5 point racing harness in both seats and removed the OEM harness. If you start f'ing around with the seat belts, make sure you remove the negative battery terminal to prevent accidental deployment of the airbags...

Also, you'll have an airbag warning light come on afterwards, because the OEM seats have a pressure sensor in them and a circuit that runs through the power harness to the seat belt retainer that attaches to the side of the seat.

You can turn the warning light off with a DRBIII scan tool after you've done the install...

The entire process, including fabricating the attachment brackets took me a weekend and a case of beer...

I'm 6'2" as well and I now have about 4" clearance from the top of my crash helmet to the liner of the car... Before, my helmet would rub the liner...

Old 12-02-2005, 09:24 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's funny how 6'2" seems to be just about the max. limit for the XF coupe. Then depending upon where you get your height from, (your legs or your torso) that's where the problem areas show up.
EVONATION, I'm 6'2", 215 lbs. 32" length pants. In my Limited 6 spd. I have less than an inch of head room, with about 2" of space between my knees and the dash.
It's a tight fit, but I think it's worth the extra effort just to experience the joys of having a Crossfire.
Like JUDDZ pointed out, if you have power seats, it may take a little while but you should be able to find the right "spot" for you. I don't know about the cloth seats, never sat in one.
It's nice to have a car "fit like a glove", just not "OJs" glove.

Last edited by +fireamx; 12-02-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by HDDP
I put Sparco Pro2000's in my car about 6 months ago... You'll have to do some fabrication for the brackets, but if you do it properly, they'll bolt directly into the existing seat bolt holes...

Also, you'll have to fabricate an attachment for the OEM seatbelt if you plan on using the existing seatbelt. I installed a Schroth 5 point racing harness in both seats and removed the OEM harness. If you start f'ing around with the seat belts, make sure you remove the negative battery terminal to prevent accidental deployment of the airbags...

Also, you'll have an airbag warning light come on afterwards, because the OEM seats have a pressure sensor in them and a circuit that runs through the power harness to the seat belt retainer that attaches to the side of the seat.

You can turn the warning light off with a DRBIII scan tool after you've done the install...

The entire process, including fabricating the attachment brackets took me a weekend and a case of beer...

I'm 6'2" as well and I now have about 4" clearance from the top of my crash helmet to the liner of the car... Before, my helmet would rub the liner...
please post few pics, please

Old 12-02-2005, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by evonation
I know you're a newbie on this forum, so I won't blast you... Here's a friendly suggestion for the future. Since we have discussed, in depth, nearly every aspect of this car for the past few years and posted photos as well, Take a little initiative in the future. If you have a question, do a search on the topic before you start a new thread...

Now, in answer to your post. There are photos of the seats in my gallery ! They've been there for about 6 months. They correspond to the thread discussing them... Search "SPARCO PRO2000".

Old 12-02-2005, 12:16 PM

I know you're a newbie on this forum, so I won't blast you... Here's a friendly suggestion for the future. Since we have discussed, in depth, nearly every aspect of this car for the past few years and posted photos as well, take a little initiative in the future. If you have a question, do a search on the topic before you start a new thread...

Now, in answer to your post. There are photos of the seats in my gallery! They've been there for about 6 months. They correspond to the thread discussing them...

Old 12-02-2005, 03:09 PM

i tried searching, found little about seats.

searching this forum is like searching your gallery, you have to go through 15 pages of garbage to find one good thing. (no offense)

how easy is it to make a sticky of most common mods with links to posts???

Last edited by evonation; 12-02-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:48 AM

i tried searching, found little about seats.

searching this forum is like searching your gallery, you have to go through 15 pages of garbage to find one good thing. (no offense)
Well dork-weed... At least I have a gallery with mods to the car that I researched and either manufactured or caused to be manufactured initially for the car. I'm not sitting here whining because I can't figure out how to install FIA seats in the car and asking for help and a step-by-step photo installation guide...

Go take your dip-sh*t comments to the EVO Forum... I hope the next time you post a question, everyone on this forum ignores your little whiney as*!!!

Old 01-07-2006, 10:36 AM

hehe, yeah get offensive.

but seriously take a look at your gallery, its all sh*t.

crappy pics taken from distance, not even sure what the heck you wanted to show.

interior pics are awesome too, ha.

Old 01-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

blah, blah, blah...grow up and don't be a future welfare recipient relying on others to feed you your needs! Do some work not bit*h.

Old 01-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

For what it is worth HDDP I think your gallery has some useful stuff.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-07-2006, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by stryfox
For what it is worth HDDP I think your gallery has some useful stuff.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks... Stryfox... I wouldn't pay attention to that EVONATION guy... He doesn't even own a Crossfire, he's just a lurker who pops on and off this forum...

Old 02-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by x'ed
yup, for us tall guys its hard to sit there, i had to cut off my mohawk a year and a half ago, seriously.
LOL...too funny.

Old 05-10-2006, 06:56 PM

Disclaimer- I've searched the site- I'm sure it's probably on here somewhere, but I haven't found it yet-

I've got a base coupe- I'd like to find Crossfire stock-leather seats to swap into the car. I know the leather seats are power, and of course, mine are not. Are the tracks the same for the different seats, or do I need the full track assembly from a Limited car? Also, what kind of effort will it take to run the wiring harness? I'm really more after the leather than the power, so what are my options?

Thanks for your help-
Jeff

Old 05-17-2006, 05:36 PM

I Have 2 Black After market Seats You Can Have For $300.00. Should Solve Your Problem.

Bud 410-252-5543.