TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Yet another dealer service rant...

Old 07-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Yet another dealer service rant...

Is there a way to find a list of certified Crossfire technicians? My car is in the shop going on three weeks and after they replaced first two and and then another fuel injectors, they ordered the computer control module (?) and after a week of waiting for that, they were informed Monday it is on back-order until September. Well, I didn't buy a convertible to just drive in the fall, winter and spring, I would like to have it back this summer! Any suggestions?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tholder55
Is there a way to find a list of certified Crossfire technicians? My car is in the shop going on three weeks and after they replaced first two and and then another fuel injectors, they ordered the computer control module (?) and after a week of waiting for that, they were informed Monday it is on back-order until September. Well, I didn't buy a convertible to just drive in the fall, winter and spring, I would like to have it back this summer! Any suggestions?
Dude that just sucks a big one !!!
Is the car under warranty ? Have they tried gettin the part through Mercedes ?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:13 AM

Wouldn't you think they could network with other dealers to see if THEY had the parts.....get on the phone and call some other dealers....

Old 07-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Forum Regular

Before leaving your car for any service at Dodge/Chrysler, ESPECIALLY if it's a Crossfire or Crossfire SRT6 (even moreso), ask if they have a tech trained on the car..... There is usually one in a 20 square mile area of big urban areas (San Jose). Luckily, the guy is 10 miles from me in Sunnyvale, CA. For less urban areas, it's a crap shoot. The Crossfire is about the only car (limited production, sale, and combo of MBZ/Chrysler) where you really get your money's worth out of the extended warranty if you come across any problems.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The tech in Sunnyvale is not the only Crossfire Certified Tech in San Jose area. I just had my 2005 roadster serviced by Mike at Normandin's Chrysler, a five star dealer. They have two Crossfire certified techs and only one service writer, Bob Hickman, is allowed to handle Crossfires.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok I hate to complain but here goes.
I had my car to the dealer ONCE.
Took it in for heated seat and latch rattle
They put the seat together complete with wrinkles and scratched my illuminated door sills.
They took apart the rear hatch and left the wing motor unplugged and left interior panel loose.
I gave them an ear full and fix everything myself.
Sometimes it is not that they don't know how to work on a crossfire it is that some people just don't know how to work.....
It was reedman toll auto world pennsylvinia