TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

What controls the dome light in a convertible

Old 09-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: What controls the dome light in a coonvertable

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
what is a "coonvertable" ?
Please contact David Woolrage
for the answer to this question.. may have to deliver message via Delorean .

Bjames - Figured I'd do that just for sh*ts and giggles since it almost fixes half of whatever is ailing you on these cars..

Old 09-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Living out in the country like we do, we have redneck vehicles... Not really, just a typo.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Arrow Blue Girl
Living out in the country like we do, we have redneck vehicles... Not really, just a typo.
You can't fool ala_xfire.. His is the only Crossfire with Spotlights mounted on the top windshield trim for his night time deer hunts!

Old 09-25-2013, 10:57 AM

Wow, MrMiata! I hadn't thought about that. Would be a nice extra touch.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Yea, even found a good use for the cup holder :
You can cut the top out of a PBR can and it works fine for a place to spit yer backy.
Note to self : Remove the deer whistles from the front and get some 18" and 19" MUD tires.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:36 AM

Aw, man! You took my idea. RATS.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Yea, even found a good use for the cup holder :
You can cut the top out of a PBR can and it works fine for a place to spit yer backy.
Note to self : Remove the deer whistles from the front and get some 18" and 19" MUD tires.
Yep.. deer season.. she's a coming.. Don't forget to pull them lower bug catchers on front and mount the winch back in place

Old 09-25-2013, 04:49 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SparkieSRT6, I like the sound ofMr. Arrow Blue Girl. It has a certain ring to it...

Well then its agreed..........Mr. Arrow Blue Girl it is.....after all YOU are the boss and wear the pants in that family.....right?

Old 09-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Well then its agreed..........Mr. Arrow Blue Girl it is.....after all YOU are the boss and wear the pants in that family.....right?
Sure she does, that's why MrABG has not given her any ($5) lip

Old 09-25-2013, 07:00 PM

You guys keep it up and I'm going back to MY vette avatar..

Old 09-25-2013, 07:23 PM

You guys are too kind...lol You do make a newbie feel welcomed to the forum. I haven't had as many laughs from the internet as I had today. Keep up the good work!!

Old 09-25-2013, 07:32 PM

You guys are too kind...lol You do make a newbie feel welcomed to the forum. I haven't had as many laughs from the internet as I had today. Keep up the good work!!

You realize who's expense your laughs are at correct..

Look for her next thread post.. "How do I put on the slasher stripes my husband cut for me" ...

Old 09-25-2013, 07:41 PM

Of course I do. It reminds me of home... Here, I have help teasing MrABG girl...

Old 09-25-2013, 09:05 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Of course I do. It reminds me of home... Here, I have help teasing MrABG girl...

Oh........this is going to be fun!!!! BTW....Welcome aboard Arrow Blue Girl !!!! Enjoy that beautiful car.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Oh........this is going to be fun!!!! BTW....Welcome aboard Arrow Blue Girl !!!! Enjoy that beautiful car.

Thank you, SparkieSRT6. "MrABG" is always teasing people, me included. It is nice to have comrades in arms. And yes, I enjoy my car every day!

Old 02-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: What controls the dome light in a convertible

While browsing through this forum last week I came across this thread. My roadster has this same issue and while I had it out of the garage yesterday I decided to check fuse #9. The fuse in the car looks fine so I reinserted it securely and still no interior or trunk lights. At that point I decided to try a new fuse but, still no lights. Now I am curious what others have done when fuse 9 did not fix the problem? To clarify, I can manually turn the dome light on by sliding the switch but, it does not light when the doors are open.

I have the base model convertible, the only thing that even looks like a trunk light is a blue domed fixture about an inch wide and maybe three inches long on the passenger side of the panel behind the tail lights. Do the base models have trunk and foot well lights or just the one light at the top of the windshield?

Last edited by xjken; 02-02-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by xjken
While browsing through this forum last week I came across this thread. My roadster has this same issue and while I had it out of the garage yesterday I decided to check fuse #9. The fuse in the car looks fine so I reinserted it securely and still no interior or trunk lights. At that point I decided to try a new fuse but, still no lights. Now I am curious what others have done when fuse 9 did not fix the problem? To clarify, I can manually turn the dome light on by sliding the switch but, it does not light when the doors are open.

Just to make sure, I have the base model convertible, the only thing that even looks like a trunk light is a blue domed fixture about an inch wide and maybe three inches long on the passenger side of the panel behind the tail lights. Do the base models have trunk and foot well lights or just the one light at the top of the windshield?
Double post.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-02-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM

Just to make sure, I have the base model convertible, the only thing that even looks like a trunk light is a blue domed fixture about an inch wide and maybe three inches long on the passenger side of the panel behind the tail lights. Do the base models have trunk and foot well lights or just the one light at the top of the windshield?
No Crossfire has foot well lights to my knowledge, trunk and dome light only. Foot well lights are added by some owners.

The position of the switch when you turn it on is the auto on/off position. The other slide switch position is the always off position.

Others have had problems with the door jamb switches.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Forum Regular

Well at least I know I am not crazy because, I could not find any lights in the foot wells. That's why I asked if the base models came with foot well lights. Do you know if the blue domed fixture I mentioned is indeed the trunk light. I thought about trying to pry it off yesterday with a flat head screw driver but, I was afraid I may break something more important than a light assembly. Thanks for your help onehundred80.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:26 PM

Well at least I know I am not crazy because, I could not find any lights in the foot wells. That's why I asked if the base models came with foot well lights. Do you know if the blue domed fixture I mentioned is indeed the trunk light. I thought about trying to pry it off yesterday with a flat head screw driver but, I was afraid I may break something more important than a light assembly. Thanks for your help onehundred80.
You say blue, my one is whitish translucent plastic with a regular bulb in it. Is your bulb blue or the whole unit?
If you pry the light fixture out get under the plastic at the opposite end to the plug. The plug is at the end where you can see the terminal as well as the bulb end through the plastic lens. The other end just has the bulb end visible, pry this end.

Quick Reply: What controls the dome light in a convertible