TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Air Bag Recall

Old 04-13-2016, 01:33 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Air Bag Recall

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Yea Greg, they'll pay you $5
I guess on the bright side.. "you" will get to sign the check.. rather than it go in probate..

Old 04-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

PLEASE be careful buying older or replacement airbags! There is NO WAY (that I know of) to tell if the 'other' airbags are the same as the ones being recalled. Simply put, FCA will only replace what the GOV tells them too. Just because they have not listed other models (or YET) doesn't mean they will not be added to the list. This is involving hundreds of millions already (dollars), maybe more! I was told Takata was making @ 90% of all the airbags made. With this, chances are there are MANY MORE makes/models that have yet to be found. When this all started over a year ago, I ran my VIN, it wasn't on any list. So, my advice, DO NOT BUY ONE YOURSELF, if it later comes out it is also defective, you'll NEVER know AND that ever so slight 'tick tock tick tock' might just catch up to you or a loved one. BTW, my dealership and two calls to FCA (one on the recall and one number given to me by the dealership service manager) lamented they will not disable the D/S airbag (using just seatbelts) for any reason. My car is parked, that's all there is too it. BTW, This high humidity thing they are stating? We just had a (I think if I remember it right) a 500 year flood with water still everywhere because of the ground so saturated. It is generally very hot and humid here in the southeast anyway. Again, my car is parked.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:30 PM

??? Any way to 'merge' these two (This one and https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post865685 ) posts???

Just saying, since I just posted another Takata 'update' that's coming down the pike for another @ 35 million airbags in the other thread. Concerned others are getting 'older' XF airbags and they may be 'included' in the future recall 'updates'.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:41 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Just had a chat with Chrysler Cares. No ETA on parts. Interesting part was this advice: "If you are feeling unsafe I would need to recommend having it taken to the dealership to have it looked over".

For what ? Is the defect visible ? Apparently there is no interim solution.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:00 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Padgett
Just had a chat with Chrysler Cares. No ETA on parts. Interesting part was this advice: "If you are feeling unsafe I would need to recommend having it taken to the dealership to have it looked over".

For what ? Is the defect visible ? Apparently there is no interim solution.
Well.. 10,000 owners times a $40 assurance diagnostics (yeah..it needs replaced) .. makes for a decent year end bonus sales trip..

Old 05-20-2016, 01:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Attached is a PDF showing status of the airbag recall for my Crossfire. You can go to this website (fcarecalls.com) and type in your VIN. Webpage will let you know if your Crossfire is included in the recall.
Thanks for posting, found my 07 roadster listed.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:25 PM
Received 521 Likes on 415 Posts

Takata pleaded guilty to fraud in the air bag scandal today in Federal court. They agreed to pay $1 billion for a scheme to conceal a deadly defect of its air bag inflators. Takata admitted to hiding problems that can cause inflators to explode with too much force, hurling schrapnel into drivers & passengers. Article said that U.S. prosecutors are still seeking extradition of three former Takata executives from Japan to face criminal charges.

Takata agreed to pay $850 million in restitution to automakers, $125 million to victims and families, and a $25 million criminal fine. They still face dozens of consumer & state lawsuits that could run into millions of dollars.

Got 'em!!!!! They'll go bankrupt now.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Takata pleaded guilty to fraud in the air bag scandal today in Federal court. They agreed to pay $1 billion for a scheme to conceal a deadly defect of its air bag inflators. Takata admitted to hiding problems that can cause inflators to explode with too much force, hurling schrapnel into drivers & passengers. Article said that U.S. prosecutors are still seeking extradition of three former Takata executives from Japan to face criminal charges.

Takata agreed to pay $850 million in restitution to automakers, $125 million to victims and families, and a $25 million criminal fine. They still face dozens of consumer & state lawsuits that could run into millions of dollars.

Got 'em!!!!! They'll go bankrupt now.

Sure hope I got an inflator with a moisture absorbent pack in it!

Old 06-26-2017, 07:03 AM

Breaking? Seemed enevitable ( https://www.yahoo.com/news/takata-fi...095858335.html ).

Old 07-30-2017, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I have a 08 convertible and I live in Florida I had gotten a recall letter back over a year and a half ago. The letter stated that this was recalled but the parts weren't available yet. So I waited and 6-8 months ago I got a second letter saying the parts were available to call the local Chrysler dealer to get it fixed. I have called multiple times and the response is to take my number and they will call me when the parts come in. Well they stilll haven't called and if I call back they act like I've never called and start over with the same things take my number and they will call when the parts are in. Well now my air bag light has come on and it won't go out. Any suggestions for me to get this fixed? I'm starting to get concerned with the light being on now

Old 07-30-2017, 07:15 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Barbarasouix
Hi I have a 08 convertible and I live in Florida I had gotten a recall letter back over a year and a half ago. The letter stated that this was recalled but the parts weren't available yet. So I waited and 6-8 months ago I got a second letter saying the parts were available to call the local Chrysler dealer to get it fixed. I have called multiple times and the response is to take my number and they will call me when the parts come in. Well they stilll haven't called and if I call back they act like I've never called and start over with the same things take my number and they will call when the parts are in. Well now my air bag light has come on and it won't go out. Any suggestions for me to get this fixed? I'm starting to get concerned with the light being on now
Try calling the FCA customer care # that's on your recall notice and have them set up the dealer appt. The HQ personnel can search dealership inventory to see who has the parts in stock.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:31 AM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Am in Florida also and mine was done several months ago. It does take a special tool to reset the light.

Be aware that they only replace the one in the steering wheel and there are several others that could be triggering the light but again you need the star tool.

Sounds like your dealer is trying to avoid the work, may need a different dealer.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:23 AM
Received 521 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by harbor
Try calling the FCA customer care # that's on your recall notice and have them set up the dealer appt. The HQ personnel can search dealership inventory to see who has the parts in stock.
Best advice on getting the air bag module replaced on the Crossfire steering wheel. I had mine setup this way and was over & done within a couple of days. I wouldn't mess with calling a dealer directly. Go to Chrysler & they'll make it happen. Inventory shouldn't be an issue. Most replacement air bag modules are in regional warehouses and can be delivered to a dealer next day; 2 at the most. And Chrysler should know who has the skillsets to do this work.