TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Fog light interchange left to right

Old 02-28-2019, 07:34 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Fog light interchange left to right

Our fog light is a left and right ,but moving the adjustment screw on a left hand from 5 o clock to 7 o clock position it makes it a right hand, take a look at the pictures,,, not talking about the light housing that mounts the fog light to the bumper.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:08 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts
Default Re: Fog light interchange left to right

Im confused. If you are not talking about the HOUSING, then does this really get us anywhere? (I no longer have a limited so I have no fog lights to mess with.)

Old 03-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Im confused. If you are not talking about the HOUSING, then does this really get us anywhere? (I no longer have a limited so I have no fog lights to mess with.)
Not the housing but the light (not blub) which is interchangable with either side ,,to be mounted into the housing. if you order a new fog light, you also have to order the housing ,,some times like with Rede Dog his chrome inside the fog light burned,,got wet, it is no longer a nice bright light so replacing the part of the fog light saves money. and it can go on either left or right.

Old 03-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

You
Originally Posted by amx1397
Not the housing but the light (not blub) which is interchangable with either side ,,to be mounted into the housing. if you order a new fog light, you also have to order the housing ,,some times like with Rede Dog his chrome inside the fog light burned,,got wet, it is no longer a nice bright light so replacing the part of the fog light saves money. and it can go on either left or right.
So for this fix you have to have a fog light that has a decent glass lens with a damaged reflector/bulb mount that needs replacing?
It has got to be a rare situation when you find yourself in Red Dogs situation, although it did happen to me when I came into possession of a fog light that had damage just to the bayonet fitting for the bulb. I purchased a fog light that just had the glass broken but had a good reflector, the seller was lucky to get some money for an otherwise useless part. Normally the reflector would only get damaged by contact with water.

I became aware of the interchangeability when I took apart my damaged fog light and compared the pieces to my spare set of fog lights.