U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

New intake filters

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New intake filters

Hi All Is there any size or shape of K&N type intake filter that are fitted to the Xfire , do you require to have an air flow/ engine size ratio . Also does anyone know if it possible to mount filters in front of the rad & behide the front grill . Is it better to have a solid pipe (no joints) or a made up pipe with joints .

Cheers

Andy

Old 04-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Default Re: New intake filters

some good info on this thread

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...417#post132417

I bought a set last year, if you take a look at the thread i have the blue intakes, i must say there is not much difference in performance to the stock ones they do sound better and they look great...this is where i purchased mine http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG

Hope this helps..ill try and post some pics soon

Old 04-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Forum Regular

Hi Steve1b Cheers for the links , I did read one thread that someone had piped the filters to in front of the rad , so sucking cold air all the time , going to mock some pipes up & look if its possible , I first need to check the space between rad & grill & make sure i can get a filter to fit .

Cheers

Andy

Old 04-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Forum Regular

Hi all Ok pics of stage one air intakes . I had engine cover painted the body colour , Looks ok , I also have mocked up a new pipe in round foam to be used as a pattern to bend some pipe work . Have had a good look at space & where to put new cone filters , im now thinking about behide the lower front grills , for one reason only , nice cold air. But to reach this area i have removed the plastic intake at each side of the rad ,this gives you a nice opening for about a 2 1/2 " pipe . Then i was thinking about flex pipe down to the lower grill . Keeping with the body colour theme how about the screen surround colour for the new pipes , not really in to chrome (too much cleaning ) brushed alum' not sure it will look right .

Cheers

Andy

New intake filters-22042008065.jpg

New intake filters-22042008066.jpg

Old 04-23-2008, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ZeroZero
Hi all Ok pics of stage one air intakes . I had engine cover painted the body colour , Looks ok , I also have mocked up a new pipe in round foam to be used as a pattern to bend some pipe work . Have had a good look at space & where to put new cone filters , im now thinking about behide the lower front grills , for one reason only , nice cold air. But to reach this area i have removed the plastic intake at each side of the rad ,this gives you a nice opening for about a 2 1/2 " pipe . Then i was thinking about flex pipe down to the lower grill . Keeping with the body colour theme how about the screen surround colour for the new pipes , not really in to chrome (too much cleaning ) brushed alum' not sure it will look right .

Cheers

Andy

Attachment 8543

Attachment 8544

Hi Andy

I have chrome on mine and they do not get that dirty...once a month cleaned....btw what paint did you use for your engine cover...i want to do mine...not sure how to go about it

Cheers

Steve

Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Forum Regular

Hi Steve , Its the correct paint for the red body , i'm trying to keep it to just two colours ( red & silver) , Im just thinking do i pickout the letters & badge & which colour ( can only be screen surround silver). looking around for a tube bender at the moment . In the pics the colour looks lighter but i think its just new paint.

Cheers

Andy

Old 04-23-2008, 05:40 PM
TVT_DESIGN

ZeroZero,

You are basically describing the way we have our CAI routed. Behind the front grilles is the best place to get some very cold air and a really big filter area. PM me if you need any help with routing the tubing, I've got it down to a science.

Anthony
TVT Design

Old 04-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Forum Regular

Hi TVT design I must be on the right lines , if you have already done it , did you position the filters behide the upper or lower grilles , I'm thinking behide the lower grilles , Also is there a size of filter more suited to the xfire .

Cheers

Andy

Old 04-24-2008, 05:36 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Positioned behind the lower grille. PM for the KN part #.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:36 AM

ZERO ZERO

Have you now done this. would be intrested in seeing some photos. Have you noticed a difference in engine performance and sound.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Forum Regular

Hi Dunk I'm just having my new 3" pipes bent up this week . Then its off to buy the K&N's ,Then fitting time , I am going to route of getting the cone filters in front of the rad behide the lower grilles , So it could take a little time to nail it all down , TVT designs have told me its about the best position for full time cold air , they say i should see a different ,how much i will wait & see , i will be having the pipes painted silver to match the front screen surround also thinking about a label to go on the pipes a long the lines of 'warm air sucks' or 'cold air this way' & an arrow . it could be just me but i thinks it funny . i take a few pics & post them at the right time ,so keep an eye out .

Cheers

Andy