U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Another New Owner from S. Wales - just a idea

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Another New Owner from S. Wales - just a idea

Hi All,
Firstly let me say thank you for all your knowledge and wisdom for all that is Crossfire and @GraphiteGhost don't leave - how can us newbies hope to keep these works of art on the road without your guidance and support (that goes for everyone btw) and because you've imparted that knowledge - I've just purchased my first xfire 04 coupe, after many years drooling as one goes by and without the guides / advice I could have ended up with a real bag-o-*****.

In fact I ended up with a stunner (I hope.)

Secondly and this is just an idea (tell me to shut up if someone has thought of it before) I noticed that there was a number of previous owners on the V5 (You in the US call it a tile I believe). It may be nice to list your old and current xfire registrations somewhere in the forum, to start building up an ownership history of sorts. The reasoning behind this is in the UK these are quite expensive to keep (road tax / fuel) so tend to have short ownership and are becoming quite a rare thing in fact there are less than 3000 with a valid MOT in the UK,
https://www.carlogbook.co.uk/chrysler/crossfire/

I personally (and I'm sure others would) love to know if our Crossfires are still running and provide some shared knowledge (good or bad) between its previous and new owners.

Perhaps this can be GraphiteGhost's reason to stay (he can be in charge of the admin)

I know were all on lock down atm but are there any planned meets in the UK later this year ?

Old 05-04-2020, 11:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Re: Another New Owner from S.Wales - just a idea

There’s one for the SRT6’s. Keeping up with 4,071 is what I believe the final production number for the 6 is, is way “easier” than the 76,014 total made. It is definitely not “easy”
for the SRT6 but more manageable. There are still so many SRT6’s not accounted for and then there are some that have changed hands 4,5 times. Check here SRT-6.com - Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 if you haven’t before and there’s a lot of knowledge about the cars.

Old 10-02-2020, 09:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Another New Owner from S. Wales - just a idea

Hello thenurm,

I am almost ready to buy my first Crossfire but have one nagging question left before I take the plunge. I am 6 feet 2 and have seen a couple of YouTube reviewers complain about the “cramped” cabin. Is this true or just a bit of exaggeration in your opinion?

Old 10-02-2020, 12:34 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

I am 6'1" and am comfortable. You could always get a roadster, they have more headroom. I guess it would depend if you have a longer upper body or long legs?

Old 10-02-2020, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: Another New Owner from S. Wales - just a idea

Hi MercainCrossfire,
I'm 5'11 and don't have any real issues with the cabin size - I'm long in the body so maybe a little closer to the roof than most - but there's more than enough head room. (and if you are tall .. drop your seat a little further back
I've have also completed some rather long journeys and felt comfortable all the way - the only issue I have had is the pain I get from the constant grin on my face .
I use mine everyday if i can, I get home from work, drop the van off and go for a spin (rain or shine) possibly not good for the environment /nor the resale value of the car - but defo good for my sole ...

I wish you well in your search - and remember 2 keys are best (lol)

Old 10-02-2020, 03:02 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I love the look of your racy red roadster but I want a coupé.

Enjoy the week-end!

Old 10-02-2020, 03:11 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I am pleased to hear what you say. I think some of these YouTube reviewers are just grasping for things to criticise.

Just one of your comments worries me a bit. “Good for my sole”. I would never carry fish in my car!

Why are 2 keys better than 1?

May God guard your soul as you drive!

The following users liked this post:
JSK (10-03-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 01:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MercianCrossfire
Hello thenurm,

I am almost ready to buy my first Crossfire but have one nagging question left before I take the plunge. I am 6 feet 2 and have seen a couple of YouTube reviewers complain about the “cramped” cabin. Is this true or just a bit of exaggeration in your opinion?
Hi there, I am 6ft 2" and cabin space has never been an issue since I got the Xfire in 2007.

Old 10-07-2020, 02:04 PM

Thanks very much! It’s good to have my fears allayed.