West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

Meet in Southern California?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Meet in Southern California?

Have a great time everyone. I will try and make the next meet in So Cal.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sunday? Damn! I have work on the great day of rest. wont be there guys, sorry

Old 06-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to come, but live in the Ontario area. I can't see going all the way down to SJC only to come back. If there is a time you are going thru Elsinore, maybe we can find a place to hook up.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:20 AM

Carl, you've confused me. Don't feel too proud of yourself though because it's easy enough to do. We are planning on heading out to Lake Elsinore. At least come and meet us in SJC.

We can meet at Pedro's Tacos or the Chevron station. How about meet at Pedro's and then head on over to the Chevron to hit the bathroom. Though being ghoulish I'd rather meet in the cemetery myself.

Do we have a volunteer to exchange phone numbers with Mr Max? I'm still stuck in the eighties with no cell phone with no intention of changing that. Mr Max, I'll post a Idyllwild meeting point and estimated time tomorrow night. It's important that you meet us there because we are closet cannibals and lunch just won't be the same without you.

Stevewrx, the way we are moving, the next So Cal meet won't be until 2020.

Now where are the rest of you that have pined for a meet? So far there are 3 of us and one meal on wheels,, er, I mean four of us making a commitment. It's the weekend before the Fourth, you all know you won't be doing anything anyway. So gas up the buggies and come join us.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
I would like to come, but live in the Ontario area. I can't see going all the way down to SJC only to come back. If there is a time you are going thru Elsinore, maybe we can find a place to hook up.
Hi Karl. Let's PM and exchange cell #'s. We're going thru Lake Elsinore and Perris along the way. Either looks good for a meet up with you. I'm sure you've read the course we're taking from San Diego. I can call you when we arrive / depart any of the locations so you can time the meet reasonably well.

Eric

Old 06-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Max
Yes Brent, I will be meeting you all (finally!) at the top. I just need a destination address and an approximate time if possible. I will be coming from Rancho Mirage. If you all want to eat before you get to Idyllwild, don't let me be a stumbling block. I'll need a few cell phone numbers and I'll respond with mine.
Thanks, Jeff
Hi Jeff. I'll PM you so we can exchange cell #'s. As I mentioned to Karl, I'm sure you've read the course we're taking from San Diego. I can call you when we arrive / depart any of the locations so you can time the meet at the top of the hill reasonably well. We shoudl pick a place in Idyllwild beforehand, but if not, I'll have my phone anyway.

Eric

Old 06-24-2009, 06:08 PM
svo
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
Same goes for me - what time do you think you will be in Idyllwild? And what day?

Old 06-24-2009, 10:49 PM

For a meeting spot in SJC, I flipped a coin and it's Pedro's Tacos for the win. Eganders has a map link in post 118. One of these days I'll figure out how to link properly. And now I'm sure someone will step in and do just that and highlight my internet incompetence. Ouch.

Since we've had Mexican after Cars & Coffee, and had good ole artery clogging American food last fall, I thought Chinese should be next. So... there is a Chinese restaurant in Idyllwild named, not Golden Dragon, but Hidden Village; located at 25840 Cedar Street. It's just a couiple of turns off 243.

Schedule:

This Sunday the 28th.

San Diego group -

Meet at Montgomery Field in the parking lot of Casa Machada, same meeting place as last year. If unfamiliar with Montgomery, the field is located between 15 and 163 and on the north side of Aero Drive. If heading west on Aero from 15, turn right onto John Montgomery Dr and just head straight north - the parking lot will be in front of you. For those heading east on Aero from 163/805, simply turn left at John Montomery.

Meeting time 8:30 to 9:00.

Around 9:00 we will head out for San Juan Capistrano and Pedro's Tacos, arriviing by 10:00 at the latest.

LA group -

Looks like those that will be attending will make your individual ways to Pedro's, hopefully arriving around 10:00.

All of us -

Head out from Pedro's around 10:30, heading to Idyllwild. We should get there around 12 noon, except for Eganders, he'll get there by 10:45 .

I'll post a meet notice in the Crossfire Meet thread and will print out a couple of maps for Sunday.

If anybody has any different suggestions or ideas please pipe up so we can make any necessary changes before Sunday.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brent
Head out from Pedro's around 10:30, heading to Idyllwild. We should get there around 12 noon, except for Eganders, he'll get there by 10:45 .
Damn straight!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by svo
Same goes for me - what time do you think you will be in Idyllwild? And what day?
Approximately 12 noon on this coming Sunday, June 21, 2009. If you'd like, you can PM me with your cell number. I'll give you my cell number also, but we'll be happy to call you with an update as we travel so you can time it a little better.

Where are you coming from? Mr. Max is coming from the desert, so he will meet us in Idyllwild, but SRT SIX, I think, is coming from Rancho Cucamonga and is planning to meet the group part way there and join in the ride.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eganders
Damn straight!!!
Chinese sounds excellent.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by eganders
Approximately 12 noon on this coming Sunday, June 21, 2009. If you'd like, you can PM me with your cell number. I'll give you my cell number also, but we'll be happy to call you with an update as we travel so you can time it a little better.

Where are you coming from? Mr. Max is coming from the desert, so he will meet us in Idyllwild, but SRT SIX, I think, is coming from Rancho Cucamonga and is planning to meet the group part way there and join in the ride.
Danger Will Robinson! It's actually this coming Sunday the 28th.

Thanks Eganders for assuming telephone duties. Your nickname is now AT&T.

SVO, can you meet us at San Juan Capistrano? All the meeting details are on pages 6 and 7 of this thread.

And I think I figured out why I was having problems posting links. Yippee for me.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:18 AM
svo
Forum Regular

I can meet where ever

Old 06-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Forum Regular

Looking forward to seeing / meeting everyone attending our SoCal run tomorrow!

Old 06-27-2009, 11:17 PM
svo
Forum Regular

This is for tomorrow?

Give me times & places and I should be able to make it. "Addresses" would be great!

Old 06-27-2009, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by svo
This is for tomorrow?

Give me times & places and I should be able to make it. "Addresses" would be great!

OK, those of us in San Diego (right now it looks like the both of us) will meet at Montgomery Field tomorrow at 8:30. That's 0830 for you military types.

Linky linky: casa machada montgomery field San Diego - Google Maps

At around nine we head up 5 to San Juan Capistrano and Pedro's Tacos. The plan is to arrive there by ten and meet up with members from the LA area. The address is 31721 Camino Capistrano, SJC.

pedros tacos - Google Maps

At about 10:30 we head out to Idyllwild. For you sundial types that's when the shadow is between a couple of numbers. We are planning on taking the Ortega/74 highway through Lake Elsinore and to highway 243 and ultimately Idyllwild.

Idyllwild Map | United States Google Satellite Maps

We figure we will get to Idyllwild about noon. We are planning to eat lunch at the Hidden Village, a Chinese restaurant. The address is 25840 Cedar Street.

Idyllwild Restaurants: Read Idyllwild Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Mr. Max is planning on meeting us on the way to or at Idyllwild.

So that's the game plan. You now have 13 hours to spiff up your car. I spent two and a half hours last evening cleaning the interior of mine and three hours today doing the exterior. Most of that was spent on the wheels . See you tomorrow.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by svo
This is for tomorrow?

SVO, if you want, PM me your cell # and I'll PM back mine. I'll give you a call when we're on our way, or you can contact us and see where we're at. Contact me before 8:00am tomorrow if you want to trade numbers.

Last edited by eganders; 06-28-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:41 AM
svo
Forum Regular

Look Forward to seeing you all