Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Need help; may be being taken advantage of by repair shops

Old 10-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need help; may be being taken advantage of by repair shops

GoodEnough, Sorry you're going through these problems too. Glad you identified them right away though.

Last edited by crossfireGal; 10-08-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Default Re: Need help; may be being taken advantage of by repair shops

I can feel at 65+ mph the "very slight cupping" in the tires that I'm supposed to just put up with for 2-3K miles. As you know from my earlier threads I'm no automotive genius but nonetheless I think I can say that's not good for my suspension. I should be riding on the new tires I paid for & if the initial guys put new tires on the bent rims without advising me of the bent rims, I should get my money back or new tires. Am going first to corporate. Then cc: CEO, Board of Directors, BBB or lawyer up if necessary - 1 step at a time.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Smile Re: Need help; may be being taken advantage of by repair shops

Guess what friends? A happy ending to my tale of woe. I fired off that irate letter (meticulously documented of course) to the tire store's corporate customer service address. 90 minutes later (on a Sunday no less) my phone rang with an apology and agreement per the letter to refund me for the front tires. (I can then buy new ones wherever I want, put those sucker on the new rims, & then my Xfi should be happy) and to refund me for the front end alignment charges incurred in the original store. They also agreed to pay my TPMS bill from the dealership if it's a sensor problem on one of the tires they worked on (vs. a central computer problem which should be covered under the warranty). No lawyers, no BBB, nor threats of same - just me contacting them and making my argument. I'm not saying the company name on here because I had reserved that (anti-advertising) for them if this didn't work out. This is amazing - a big hell yeah for consumer rights!!!

Last edited by crossfireGal; 10-08-2006 at 05:44 PM.