Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Purple DIY Wheel Paint? Any help...

Old 12-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purple DIY Wheel Paint? Any help...

I'm looking to buy some purple DIY wheel paint for my brother for Christmas. I searched online and couldn't find any purple wheel paint at all, the closest thing I could find was some purple brake caliper paint, which i'm not sure even would work in a wheel application. (http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/p..._mmc=undefined) Figured I'd ask you guys since you've been able to help me on all other ends. Oh and if your wondering the wheel paint is gonna go on some winter wheels that my brother bought for his all blacked out STI, so a darker purple actually might look pretty sick, I was a little skeptical of purple wheels but came around to the idea of late.
Thanks,
Brandon

Old 12-14-2008, 05:16 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Purple DIY Wheel Paint? Any help...

If you like to paint and understand the chemistry I would use Prism paint like I did on several of my vehicles. It comes in one grade that is black and purple depending on the angle of the light hitting it. Color changing paint, but it is not cheap. I have done it to my work truck (as the owner) and hood scoop, gets lots of reviews and is not so loud as to cause a riot or protest. Woody - enjoy. It above- goes from greenish blue to GOLD to mauve, sort of like an optical compass, due south facing the sun its gold, kinda neat, not cheap and you need a breather for application............W

Last edited by waldig; 12-14-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Purple DIY Wheel Paint? Any help...

Hmmm that sounds really interesting but might be a little rich for my holiday gift giving list and a little too technical also. If he was going for a more professional look I'd go that route but he just wants something relatively cheap and easy to do just for a crap pair of enkei winter wheels he has. Thats why that rotor paint seemed like a possible way to go but it doesnt come in a large enough quantity and I dont really feel like messing with ordering like 4 or them. Have any other ideas where I can find dark purple wheel paint or just anything that would stick to wheels.
Thanks,
Brandon