Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Vogtland Springs

Old 03-16-2018, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Vogtland Springs

I'm also on Vogtland's. Stock spring pads, but I am really considering swapping them for the lowest in rear.

0.5 inch Gap in front. 1.5 inch Gap in Rear

Vogtland Lowering Springs Part No. 952070

The following users liked this post:
SRTBoone (06-14-2021)
Old 03-21-2018, 06:52 PM

Bringing an old thread back from the dead.

I installed the same springs along with a set of adjustable control arms on my SRT6 and I'm pretty disappointed in the rear ride height. It looks the same or even higher than the stock spring in the rear. There is a noticeable drop in the front, about 1.5" but the rear looks odd.

Seems like I may have to try the Eibachs as I'm looking for the rear to drop about the same amount as the front. It's either that or get a set of NA springs and cut those. I could go to the thinnest pad in the rear but I don't know if it will get the rear as low as I'd like.

The rear wheels have moved noticeably closer to the front of the wheelwell after the spring install and gets even closer when the center section is jacked up and the rear suspension is hanging.

What was appealing to me about the Vogtland's were a slightly softer ride and a slight rake just didn't realize the rake would be that drastic and the ride is much softer than I expected.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by paintergman
Bringing an old thread back from the dead.

I installed the same springs along with a set of adjustable control arms on my SRT6 and I'm pretty disappointed in the rear ride height. It looks the same or even higher than the stock spring in the rear. There is a noticeable drop in the front, about 1.5" but the rear looks odd.

Seems like I may have to try the Eibachs as I'm looking for the rear to drop about the same amount as the front. It's either that or get a set of NA springs and cut those. I could go to the thinnest pad in the rear but I don't know if it will get the rear as low as I'd like.

The rear wheels have moved noticeably closer to the front of the wheelwell after the spring install and gets even closer when the center section is jacked up and the rear suspension is hanging.

What was appealing to me about the Vogtland's were a slightly softer ride and a slight rake just didn't realize the rake would be that drastic and the ride is much softer than I expected.
​​​​​​Paintergman,

I definitely feel your frustration.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cmac4667
I'm also on Vogtland's. Stock spring pads, but I am really considering swapping them for the lowest in rear.

0.5 inch Gap in front. 1.5 inch Gap in Rear

Vogtland Lowering Springs Part No. 952070
I wonder how low it would go with the thinnest spring pad.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by alexdc
My guess probably 0.5in , I'd really like to see an inch come off the rear. Atleast everyone now will know the situation.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:03 PM

I have 3 dots in the back and can't see the 1 dots making that much of a difference, maybe a half to three quarter inch drop. If the pads don't get the car low enough out comes the cutoff wheel and try removing a half a coil at the time.
A member stated these cars were a challenge to lower as his had been apart 4 times before he was satisfied. I can see I'll be in the same boat trying to achieve the perfect stance. Ordering 1 dots for the rear and possibly 5 dots for the front as my car dropped a bit lower in the front than cmac's but is maybe the same or a tad bit higher in the rear with the same springs. Go figure !

Old 03-22-2018, 10:06 PM

You replied as I was typing. I wish I would have know before I purchased the Vogtland's.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by alexdc
Originally Posted by paintergman
You replied as I was typing. I wish I would have know before I purchased the Vogtland's.
I read Post 26 as well. I knew going in that the rake would be there but didn't think it would be this dramatic. Definitely post some pictures of your car I'd love to see it!

Old 03-23-2018, 07:43 PM

It's back on jackstand again... couldn't stand to look at it the way it sat. My sons have been invaluable in getting it apart and back together again now it's coming apart once again. Will try to post some pictures once the rear springs are cut and pads are added in the front.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading most of the threads, I recently decided to go with Vogland combined with 5 dots spring pads in the front, 1 dot in the rear and stock shocks. Compared with the stock SRT6 springs, the ride is much smoother without sacrificing performance. I love the new stance of my car and every mile I drive with these Vogland springs!
​​​​​​

The following users liked this post:
SRTBoone (12-17-2023)
Old 11-02-2018, 12:57 PM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

Would you post a photo showing ride height?

Old 11-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JSK
Would you post a photo showing ride height?

My ride with Vogland

Old 11-03-2018, 01:12 AM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

Height looks great. Thanks for the photo.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cmac4667 - I know this is an older thread, but I couldn't help noticing your rims. Are those stock but with MB center caps? I like the look of the exposed lugs.

Old 06-15-2021, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by SRTBoone
cmac4667 - I know this is an older thread, but I couldn't help noticing your rims. Are those stock but with MB center caps? I like the look of the exposed lugs.
Hey there! That is correct.

Old 06-15-2021, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by cmac4667
Hey there! That is correct.
I'm now looking at a set for my SRT and I was wondering where you may have gotten them. I found a set on ebay that states they are for slk320 but lists them as 75mm for a correct fitment. I measured my inner hub diameter and it seems to be 70mm for the SRT wheel. Any idea which would be correct? I'm not sure what the 75mm is the measurement of...the inside diameter or the diameter covered by the cap. Great looking car. I am thinking of getting a set of the Voglands down the road.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by SRTBoone
I'm now looking at a set for my SRT and I was wondering where you may have gotten them. I found a set on ebay that states they are for slk320 but lists them as 75mm for a correct fitment. I measured my inner hub diameter and it seems to be 70mm for the SRT wheel. Any idea which would be correct? I'm not sure what the 75mm is the measurement of...the inside diameter or the diameter covered by the cap. Great looking car. I am thinking of getting a set of the Voglands down the road.
​​​​​Yep 75mm is the size. Thank you! Do not go with Voglands springs, Eibach is what you need!

Old 04-18-2023, 10:05 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Just bought a set of these springs on ebay uk for £128 delivered: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354484682...BoCboIQAvD_BwE

Hoping for a no hassle garage install and improved aesthetic and performance, perhaps with some new inexpensive dampers to compliment.

Old 12-17-2023, 10:01 PM

cmac4667, thanks for the info. I'm now considering springs for my SRT6 again. I know you said Eibach was better, but most of the posts I have read indicate the ride is excessively harsh with them. I have driven both a standard convertible and my SRT6 coupe. The convertible had a much nicer ride, while still feeling sporty. I haven't had either on a track much, so haven't pushed them as hard as possible. I was hoping to soften up the impact, but still maintain good cornering. Where I live some of the expansion joints on the highway can be brutal. I'm assuming you have had both sets of springs. What is it that you preferred about the Eibachs. I know they make a great product, so I don't doubt they would be a good option.