Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110

Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110

Anyone got a read on tread wear yet? Need to replace my PS2s after 12000 miles of babied driving.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tires are in so looks like we will be mounting them tomorrow after Allignment ,,,, Now ready for the Big D

Howard

Old 07-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems as though Autoblog got a hold of some Hankook Ventus V12's and did I nice review on them... they seems to pretty much praise them all around. Nice quick read. Glad to see AutoBlog came to the same conclusions that .org did...only about 6 months later.

Hankook aims to play with the big kids in the tire market — Autoblog

Old 07-12-2010, 05:43 PM

Now sitting at 6K and no discernable wear at all. By this point my Nitto Invos were nearly bald.

Originally Posted by JoesXfire
Anyone got a read on tread wear yet? Need to replace my PS2s after 12000 miles of babied driving.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:00 PM

Daily I am amazed at how much these tires have changed the performance of my SRT6.

Grip is terrific and the cornering is awesome. Swiftly making a left turn into the inside lane (around the center curbing) makes the car feel as though it is on rails. No tire squeal, just zip and I am gone!

I have only had experience with the Michelins and the Nittos but putting the Ventus v12 EVOs on the car made it feel like I had done a lot of suspension work on the front end. The recirculating ball front suspension did not have the precise feel before, but now, it feels like the tires also installed rack an pinion.

Great tires!

Last edited by SRT SIX; 07-12-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
Daily I am amazed at how much these tires have changed the performance of my SRT6.

Grip is terrific and the cornering is awesome. Swiftly making a left turn into the inside lane (around the center curbing) makes the car feel as though it is on tracks. No tire squeal, just zip and I am gone!

I have only had experience with the Michelins and the Nittos but putting the Ventus v12 EVOs on the car made it feel like I had done a lot of suspension work on the front end. The recirculating ball front suspension did not have the precise feel before, but now, it feels like the tires also installed rack an pinion.

Great tires!
I completely agree with what you said. They also make a good statement in the thread about how there is no abrupt end to the grip limit on the tires, they have a gradual release of grip and you know when your hitting their limits. Great tires. I've now had my rears on for about the same as SRT SIX (6k) and have had my fronts on for about 3k now and absolutely love them. Great summer tires.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:47 PM

I was pleasantly supprised at how well they stuck to the road this past weekend while at the Dragon and I didn't cut any them any slack , when powering out of the turns they didn't break loose and spin (as the nitto's did) ,they gripped and the car felt like it was fired from a sling shot..felt awesome ,,,

Howard...

Old 07-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

2000 miles to the Dragon and back + the twisties in the mountains while there.

600 miles to CAA and back with 3 very fast hard street racing track runs at Gateway International Raceway

1550 miles to Carlisle and back this past weekend.

All I can say is these are the best tires I have ever had.
Very minimal wear so far either.
Through heavy rain or hard high speed corners these are performance tires in every way.
Glad so many of you have gotten them and enjoy them as much as I do

Old 07-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Forum Regular

Just got the 285/35 installed on my car. I had nitto invo's.

I do think these area bit louder. Not bad at all, but I can definitely hear them more than I could the invos. Only a few hundred miles on them, so no idea about tread wear. Hopefully they are better than the invos, only lasting 7000 miles.

I think they stick better than the invos did. They are wider though, so it's probably not a fair comparison. So far I like them though.

Only other downside is the tread pattern isn't nearly as cool as the invo's was.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:00 PM

mr-lama,

Just give them a little time and you will be saying "what Nitto?" I went through 1 1/2 sets of Invos in less than 10K miles (2 sets of front and one rear).

You are probably right about the Invos being a little quieter, they were near dead silent. But oh, what terrible wear! As far as the stick goes, trust me, the new Ventus Evo V12s are much better. I kept the same size and the difference is night and day. I also don't have to pump up the tires an extra 5 lbs. If I didn't do that with the Invos, the tires felt like I was running on rubber bands stretching and snapping back due to all the sidewall flex.

The tread pattern on the Invos definitely is, uhm, "unique" while the Ventus Evo V12s have a more common performance tire look (I still like them though). The Invo design has a more vertical sidewall making (especially the rear) it look wider, but there is no cormparison on handling and road feel.

Enjoy!
Originally Posted by mr-lama
Just got the 285/35 installed on my car. I had nitto invo's.

I do think these area bit louder. Not bad at all, but I can definitely hear them more than I could the invos. Only a few hundred miles on them, so no idea about tread wear. Hopefully they are better than the invos, only lasting 7000 miles.

I think they stick better than the invos did. They are wider though, so it's probably not a fair comparison. So far I like them though.

Only other downside is the tread pattern isn't nearly as cool as the invo's was.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Forum Regular

That's what I like to hear! I'll probably replace the fronts with these as well. Hopefully the nittos last at least a little longer. Tires are so expensive!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I went to my local Discount Tire yesterday and ordered the Hankooks for both our Xfires. DT met the Tirerack price. They should be in this Saturday?

Now I'm not sure what to do with the Goodyear Eagle A/S tires that have about 12k miles on them. They still have lots of thread left on them but they are just too loud. Do you think anyone on the forum would be interested in buying them? Maybe $25/tire plus ship?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing I found to improve pricing.
You can buy from Discount Tire Direct .com usually cheaper than at the store.
  1. you do not get charged sales tax
  2. Shipping is free
  3. and discount tire will mount them at the same discount rate as if you bought them at the store. (You have to tell them you bought at discount direct .com to get the discount)

Old 07-29-2010, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire

Now I'm not sure what to do with the Goodyear Eagle A/S tires that have about 12k miles on them. They still have lots of thread left on them but they are just too loud. Do you think anyone on the forum would be interested in buying them? Maybe $25/tire plus ship?
If you bought them at Tire Rack originally then this will be of interest to you

Tire Rack / Goodyear F1 replacements

Old 07-29-2010, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
If you bought them at Tire Rack originally then this will be of interest to you

Tire Rack / Goodyear F1 replacements
I wish I had. I bought them from the Goodyear store (that's now closed).

Old 07-31-2010, 01:43 PM

Got the Hankooks installed on both Xfires this morning. The best part of the whole experience was when the guy behind the counter asked me if the SRT-6 was a 2010.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 PM

Got mine installed at Discount Tire a few days ago (matched Tire Rack prices). Unfortunately they dropped a tire sensor and broke it. They put in a brand-new sensor on Friday but could not program it. Car going to the dealer on Tuesday to reprogram the TPMS and Discount is going to reimburse.

I have a right-hand protected merge lane near my house, it has a slight bank to it and I can usually take the corner at about 40 or 45 mph. I tried it about 50 mph yesterday, just for fun…I got three fast food soft drinks, in a flat cup holder, on the front floor to all stand up on one edge against the console. First impressions: these tires stick!

Old 08-13-2010, 11:19 AM

I need some help quickly? My friend has my crxfire at the dealers for an oil change since I work. I asked to have the "noise" underneath checked out. I put high dollar Michelins on my 2005 Roadster almost exaclty 1 yr ago and now after 25,000 mi (rated for 35,000) the dealer tells me they all need replaced! Cord showing on back tires and front are cupped due to not rotating them! We can't do that front to back now can we?

I read the thread about tires. I am going to Hankook brand but need advice.

My dealer has told me that work on a Croosfire requires special tools, especially the wheels. Is that correct?

Are the front and back stock 18' on front and 19" on back?

Can my dealer get that Hankook brand?

I have an extended warranty (obviously not on the tires) and do rely on ths Chrysler dealer for service/warranty repairs. This is my second crxfire, first was totalled for me, and I drive 25,000 yr business and pleasure.

Thanks for the great info,
Seger fan

Old 08-13-2010, 02:01 PM

Only special tool is to reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) modueles. Most tire places don't have the correct device. My dealer did it for free after I bought them elsewhere.

You cannot rotate front to rear, but as long as the tires are not unidirectional, you can rotate side to side by axle.

I doubt your dealler will get the Hankooks. If so, they will almost assuredly be very expensive. If they can get them and price match, fine.

America's Tire/Discount Tire or their online version do a good job as well as TireRack online.

Originally Posted by Seger fan
I need some help quickly? My friend has my crxfire at the dealers for an oil change since I work. I asked to have the "noise" underneath checked out. I put high dollar Michelins on my 2005 Roadster almost exaclty 1 yr ago and now after 25,000 mi (rated for 35,000) the dealer tells me they all need replaced! Cord showing on back tires and front are cupped due to not rotating them! We can't do that front to back now can we?

I read the thread about tires. I am going to Hankook brand but need advice.

My dealer has told me that work on a Croosfire requires special tools, especially the wheels. Is that correct?

Are the front and back stock 18' on front and 19" on back?

Can my dealer get that Hankook brand?

I have an extended warranty (obviously not on the tires) and do rely on ths Chrysler dealer for service/warranty repairs. This is my second crxfire, first was totalled for me, and I drive 25,000 yr business and pleasure.

Thanks for the great info,
Seger fan

Old 09-15-2010, 11:28 PM

UPDATE:
Almost 11,000 miles on these this year and I'm still very happy with these.
Good wear and excellent grip in all weather conditions !!!

Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110
Rears are 285/35/19

Quick Reply: Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110