Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

follow up on earlier post

Old 08-30-2010, 03:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default follow up on earlier post

Sometime ago I asked for help regarding a camber kit my local Purcel Tire Dealership advised I needed on rear of my Crossfire. Ordered one from Chrysler dealership, it was installed by Purcell, and it did no good. They finally referred me back to Chrysler.

We back to Chrysler and it took 2 1/2 hours for the experienced tech there to readjust the front and rear alignment back to specs. No new parts were ever needed.

This is one time I wish I would have just had the dealership do it in the first place.

Car has 37k on it and am on 3rd set of rear tires now. I think the 2nd set were toast due to alignment not being set right by Purcel.

What can you do? I don't think they did it on purpose, but if a company doesnt know how to do something right, just wish they'd tell a person,

Thanks

Old 08-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: follow up on earlier post

Originally Posted by beachwalker2009
Sometime ago I asked for help regarding a camber kit my local Purcel Tire Dealership advised I needed on rear of my Crossfire. Ordered one from Chrysler dealership, it was installed by Purcell, and it did no good. They finally referred me back to Chrysler.

We back to Chrysler and it took 2 1/2 hours for the experienced tech there to readjust the front and rear alignment back to specs. No new parts were ever needed.

This is one time I wish I would have just had the dealership do it in the first place.

Car has 37k on it and am on 3rd set of rear tires now. I think the 2nd set were toast due to alignment not being set right by Purcel.

What can you do? I don't think they did it on purpose, but if a company doesnt know how to do something right, just wish they'd tell a person,

Thanks
It is worth looking at your tires now and then to see that you have an even wear pattern, it's too late when the tire is worn out on one side and the other looks like new.