Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Ordered K-MAC

Old 01-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Ordered K-MAC

max! i find now that i moved up to a glock 26 subcompact i rarely get mad! on to the springs. everything you read is subjective. the tire pressure, the sidewall height, the wear on old pads or the actual thickness of the new pads, the wear of the older springs if they are to be cut will all effect the overall height drop. if theres a 1 mm difference in the actual pads , springs and tire height along with the wear on all the reamining suspension parts you could see a difference of maybe 4 to 5 mm. thats why you figure as close as you can to what you want with the coils and then fine tune with the pads. in the end its trial and error. if you need the spring compressor you can use mine

Last edited by 32krazy!; 01-15-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:46 PM

Max I must be confused has your car been lowered yet ? if not you may just want to install the springs with the pads that are on the car ,that may get you where you want..

Last edited by hcarter; 01-15-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hcarter
Max I must be confused has your car been lowered yet ? if not you may just want to install the springs with the pads that are on the car ,that may get you where you want..
Howard-my bad. That picture is from 2008, right after I got new tires and wheels. It still looks exactly that height. And your answer is pretty much what I was thinking. Any other thoughts?

Anyone else? (Thanks, Steve!)

Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Howard-my bad. That picture is from 2008, right after I got new tires and wheels. It still looks exactly that height. And your answer is pretty much what I was thinking. Any other thoughts?

Anyone else? (Thanks, Steve!)
Sorry for the late reply Max , after seeing the picture you should keep the pads that are on the car and with the spring drop you should be looking and riding great...

Old 01-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks, bud!

Old 01-20-2012, 12:45 PM

I decided to get the roadster out and drive it to work this morning and my left rear (driver side rear) sounds like theres a bird under there squeaking , somewhere around the shock , real faint sound but drivies me krazy to have any sound comming from where there should be no sound...

Old 02-16-2012, 06:51 PM

been awhile since i last updated my project info the front end of my 6 is amazing much better now very tight and handles great and is inspec. (alignment) but i did have another issue in the rear of the car when one of the rear control arm bolt came loose and almost fell out caused a rash of symptoms tires rubbing, rear of car felt loose ,really loose, i'm not sure what caused the problem but it destroyed the bolt ,i had to get a replacement, I may look at replacing all of the bolts we are still in the process of checking all components in the rear of the car... just my friggin luck. front of car perfect ...rear goes haywire ...more to come ... Happy driving everyone LATER

Howard.

Last edited by hcarter; 02-16-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for this thread. Not sure I can get them before the autocross season kicks off but I hope to put some KMAC's up front this year to get some better negative camber to get through the corners faster.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:05 AM

Saga continues , finally the rear springs have settled in and i'm too low even with dot4 pads tires have a rubbing issue when at wot or a tight rt, hand curve ,so I ordered a set Of Eibach from Rob (of course) to get the rear springs ,the front of the car is tight and perfect no issues there , hopefully after the spring swap I'll be finished with the suspention and can actually go enjoy the car.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by hcarter
Saga continues , finally the rear springs have settled in and i'm too low even with dot4 pads tires have a rubbing issue when at wot or a tight rt, hand curve ,so I ordered a set Of Eibach from Rob (of course) to get the rear springs ,the front of the car is tight and perfect no issues there , hopefully after the spring swap I'll be finished with the suspention and can actually go enjoy the car.
I feel you, Howard. I REALLY like the look and feel of the upgraded/lowered suspension, but the amount of time and money on parts it takes to make it all work the way it should it really adding up. Now Mike has made the adjustable links for the rear sway bar and I need to do those too

Old 03-05-2012, 09:42 AM

Yeah john the adjustable components are a must but the reward is a car with handling that is unreal , It's a great feeling when you know its right where you want it..., so we tredge forward , I have gained a ton of knowledge about tire wall size ,camber, etc ,that drives the different directions that people take to get to the same outcome ,,,, and all of mine has been trial and error I wish you success with your trip thru the process... I will be testing my final solution the first weekend in April , the closer it gets the more I feel like a teenager again,,,, ,,, As I was sitting here typing this the Lady(USPS) just delivered my adjustable rear sway links mike sent ....see I told u tredging ,,,

Last edited by hcarter; 03-05-2012 at 09:47 AM.