Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Need help with a rear driver side suspension squeak AND a question about SRT6 brakes

Old 04-13-2017, 08:45 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Need help with a rear driver side suspension squeak AND a question about SRT6 bra

I'll go last. We'll have it all figured out by then, and before everyone is too drunk to get it right!

Old 04-13-2017, 09:40 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Need help with a rear driver side suspension squeak AND a question about SRT6 bra

Originally Posted by JoeP
Huge thanks and see you next Saturday 22 April. Lots of questions. Roll Tide.
Looking forward to meeting you Joe ! War Eagle !

Old 04-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Looking forward to meeting you Joe !
You guys can get together an , "shock an awe"! Sorry...

Old 04-13-2017, 01:13 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Don't forget the added 5% off (you have to search the site, it is a discount code but I have forgotten what and where).

Old 04-13-2017, 01:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh, this should be good-I work @ Auburn and George is a fan.

BUT, I'm a Badger. I just work here....

Old 05-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car used to make a ton of noise when hitting even small bumps. Driving on gravel for example, made my rear end turn into a zoo of honks and squeaks and thunks. I've cleared most of it up, but there is still something that clunks at every tiny bump. I'll list some of the sources that I've found and fixed. The exhaust--one of the hooks broke and would squeak as the exhaust slid up and down along the rigid hook. Exhaust--the bung for the O2 sensor was loose and would rattle out of place on a bump and then rattle back into place as exhaust vibration got to it, so I added heat resistant RTV. Rear camber arm--the bushing attached to the cars understructure was/is dry, so squeaks/groans when I hit a deep bump. Every couple of weeks I loosen the surrounding bolts and hit it with silicone spray and the noise goes away again. The rear sway bar links were adjusted too short so when the car was on the ground, the rear sway bar and the camber arm would rub, this was a tough one to find. I had to feel the rub point, blind, because when on a lift, the two parts were decompressed and didn't touch. My last noise is a mystery to me. I hit the rear axle with a rubber mallet and it gave me a similar sound, but I don't even know what that implies.

Last edited by TheThomaswastaken; 05-03-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:58 PM

I had a similar clunking sound and found the solution on the forum. I used a little electrical tape on the latch hook of the tailgate and the sound is gone. Maybe that's it.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:48 PM

I had a similar clunking sound and found the solution on the forum. I used a little electrical tape on the latch hook of the tailgate and the sound is gone. Maybe that's it.
I actually got out and jiggled that latch and the hydraulic lifts and the license plate today. I'll try it tomorrow.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:42 PM

This morning I tried one attempt, I was testing if it was the trunk hand which wobbles freely when the trunk is locked and has a similar thunk. Didn't help at all. This afternoon, I'll give another attempt. Basically, the assumption here is that the door is bouncing on all the bumps in the road, and the latch needs to be soundproofed? So, wrapping a little tape around the wear points on the static hook in the trunk will shut it up.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, I have a 2003 Chrysler Crossfire which had creaking rear suspension. A common problem is the Control arm bushing, also called the "Knuckle Joint Bush" or "Rose Joint" - Chrysler part number 05114234AA. I had both replaced and voila, problem gone. My mechanic works on Mercs and this is a common fault on the SLK. Hope this helps someone else as it is an annoying problem !!