Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Lowering?

Old 03-24-2019, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering?

Hey guys, thinking about lowering. I just needed to know what was necessary to lower the car. I have talked to a few people in my area that have lowered their car just on springs, no adjustable camber arms or anything and said that the tire wear was fine, while one said he needed adjustable camber arms in the rear. I just want to know if I would be good with just springs, lowering around an inch or so. Thank you all.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:53 PM
DHS
Default Re: Lowering?

NA on left ,stock SRT on right, NA has 345mm front disk.
NA or SRT? I went with the K&W springs they can be adjusted from 1” to 2” lower, the SRT is a little lower than the NA after my springs on a NA it is about a 1/2 inch lower than my SRT. Most of the other springs will lower to different heights. You need to look at each set and make a list, then decide how low you need. I got a rear camber bar off eBay, not hard to put on and will give a shop The ability fine tune the rear wheels. As for the front there are some washers that will reduce the front camber some, but this will be a fixed change. K-Mac makes some bushings for the front lower “A” arms that are adjustable, but these are more expensive and a bear to change out. You could change springs then go to really good shop and check on how much if any camber change you need, toe-in should be adjustable as is.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:50 AM

Wow, both look great. I have an NA, Thank you for the help. Would you mind linking the adjustable rear camber arms? Also did you need any camber adjustment on the front?

Old 03-25-2019, 07:52 AM

Unfortunately the KQ Variant 2's are a little out of the price range, and I was thinking of going with the eibachs.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:46 AM
DHS

I would check each spring for their drop in height, my K&W's (pricey) are at the least amount of lowering in the photo. They dropped the front a little over an inch, the rear an inch. I measured it from the finder to ground on flat surface, with the tape measure centered on the wheel. remember you can also order the different rubber pads that go on top of the spring, they come in five thicknesses from one to five bumps, our cars have the three bump pads. So with your new springs you could change to a one bump if you wanted lower, or a five bump if you need a little height. Get the cheapest rear camber arm on eBay for the rear and then get the front camber washer if the alignment shop says you have to much neg camber up front.. so for the front I did go with the K-Mac front bushings (very pricey) and look for a post with pictures of that on this site. I am sure your stock front A arm bushings are beat-up by now, so pulling the front lower A arm would be a weekend job, get the MB tool made to change the stock bushings and the job goes much easier.