Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Crossdrilled rotors for SRT-6

Old 10-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Crossdrilled rotors for SRT-6

I just noticed www.brakeworld.com got in the drilled rotors for the SRT6 is anyone using these yet i am using the Rotex pads and love them.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Crossdrilled rotors for SRT-6

Brembo makes an entire big brake kit for the car, you should check that out if you're going for the full upgrade! Cross drilled or slotted rotors look good but don't really help all that much.

Last edited by HDDP; 10-12-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:26 PM

HDDP who sells the Brembo big brake kit. Brakeworld doesn't list any!
Thanks!

Old 10-12-2005, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by pavespike
HDDP who sells the Brembo big brake kit. Brakeworld doesn't list any!
Thanks!
Contact paul@racetechnologies.com
http://www.racetechnologies.com

This is the e-mail I received from him about a month ago... Let him know I told you to call, my name is Derek Grover. I'll be installing the kit after the SCCA season is over in a month... Race Technologies is the master distributor for Brembo in the US...

From Brembo:

"Paul Curtin from Race Technologies here. I'm sure you'll remember, last year we measured your car for Brembo brake kit fitment. I just wanted to let you know that there are now brake kits available for your vehicle. The options are a 14" 4-Piston front w/ 12.9" 4-Piston rear or a 13.1" 4-Piston front only. All of these kits feature two-piece floating rotors with aluminum calipers, stainless lines and all necessary mounting hardware."

Last edited by HDDP; 10-12-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aaaaa5star
I just noticed www.brakeworld.com got in the drilled rotors for the SRT6 is anyone using these yet i am using the Rotex pads and love them.
Cross-drilled and slotted rotors are nothing new for the SRT since the some of the ones for the C32/SLK32 can be cross-matched and have been out for a while.

Pave,

Not sure if your aware but full Brembo kits run around $2,500 to $3,600 or so for the Grand Turismo kits...quite a bit of dough for a couple or so feet of decreased stopping distance. (only real benefit that has been PROVEN is that this decrease of a couple of feet is consistent many times over (i.e. running lap after lap) compared to a stock braking system setup which will be hampered by brake fade when pushed repeatedly.)

An easy way though to increase the "feel" of your brakes is to change over to stainless steel brake lines. Can be easily done with the stock setup also.

Last edited by respdoc; 10-12-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by respdoc
Cross-drilled and slotted rotors are nothing new for the SRT since the some of the ones for the C32/SLK32 can be cross-matched and have been out for a while.

Pave,

Not sure if your aware but full Brembo kits run around $2,500 to $3,600 or so for the Grand Turismo kits...quite a bit of dough for a couple or so feet of decreased stopping distance. (only real benefit that has been PROVEN is that this decrease of a couple of feet is consistent many times over (i.e. running lap after lap) compared to a stock braking system setup which will be hampered by brake fade when pushed repeatedly.)

An easy way though to increase the "feel" of your brakes is to change over to stainless steel brake lines. Can be easily done with the stock setup also.
Very true... The Brembo kit is for the wicked warrior, not the daily driver... If you're just a wanna-be racer, like the poster who is quoted above, put SS brake lines and bleed the system with ATE Super Blue fluid. Your brakes will be tighter and much more responsive... I listed the Goodridge SS brake lines in another post...

If you want to go all the way with the braking system for track events or prowess on the street, then the Brembo kit is the way to go... Good luck... If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask...

Last edited by HDDP; 10-12-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HDDP
Very true... The Brembo kit is for the wicked warrior, not the daily driver... If you're just a wanna-be racer, like the poster who is quoted above, put SS brake lines and bleed the system with ATE Super Blue fluid. Your brakes will be tighter and much more responsive... I listed the Goodridge SS brake lines in another post...

If you want to go all the way with the braking system for track events or prowess on the street, then the Brembo kit is the way to go... Good luck... If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask...
I have a question Pro Racer Boy. If SS brake lines are only for wanna-be racers how come this is a mod you have listed in your sig? Oh, I forgot you posted that you will be getting the Brembo's maybe next race session...along with that AMG supercharger, right?

Old 10-12-2005, 08:21 PM

LOL... RESPOdik, the truth be known, I have a Lotus Exige on order but delivery dates are sketchy at best right now... Not sure if I want to dump more money into the Crossfire if I'm going to get rid of it in 6 months, especially when it seems that I am the only one hooking-up performance parts for the car and campaigning it... Would you like to discuss anything else Oscar Meyer?

PS: You wouldn't even have a Brembo kit for your car right now, if it wasn't for me working with them over a year ago... So, with all due disrespect get the fu*k out of here.

Last edited by HDDP; 10-12-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Crossdrilled rotors for SRT-6

LOL... RESPOdik, the truth be known, I have a Lotus Exige on order but delivery dates are sketchy at best right now... Not sure if I want to dump more money into the Crossfire if I'm going to get rid of it in 6 months, especially when it seems that I am the only one hooking-up performance parts for the car and campaigning it... Would you like to discuss anything else Oscar Meyer?

This would make s great little trio. You, hobbyman and dan... seems like you're all cut from the same mold... "L" oozers.

PS: you wouldn't even have a Brembo kit for your car right now, if it wasn't for me working with them over a year ago...
If you call the misinformation you gave out on the AMG supercharger conv. "hooking-up and campaigning parts" then great job...

P.S. How did you have anything to do with a brake kit that already has been out for some time designed for some of the MB models that also will fit the SRT? All one has to do is cross-match the specs on the brakes/rotors to make sure everything will clear.

next B.S. comment?

Old 10-12-2005, 09:19 PM

To be polite, if you want to get in touch with Brembo NA and find out the process that I went through to get a kit for the Crossfire, feel free to contact Paul Curtin at: http://www.racetechnologies.com.

As far as the AMG spec parts that will swap over to the Limited, feel free to contact the DC engineers I have been working with for the past 1.5 years. You may as well contact the guys at Eibach, Koni, PowerChip, etc... Have fun noodle brain...

You should be thankful I spent the time and effort doing this for the past 1.75 years... Have fun doing it on your own...

PS... quick response... how many spark plugs are in your car? Time is ticking...

Old 10-12-2005, 09:23 PM

Here's another one RESPO... what does your ETC do when it activates? Quick... TIME IS TICKING...

Old 10-12-2005, 09:25 PM

How about this RESPO... Why don't you get the fu*k off this forum.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Forum Regular

To be polite, if you want to get in touch with Brembo NA and find out the process that I went through to get a kit for the Crossfire, feel free to contact Paul Curtin at: http://www.racetechnologies.com.

As far as the AMG spec parts that will swap over to the Limited, feel free to contact the DC engineers I have been working with for the past 1.5 years. You may as well contact the guys at Eibach, Koni, PowerChip, etc... Have fun noodle brain...

You should be thankful I spent the time and effort doing this for the past 1.75 years... Have fun doing it on your own...
Are you a couple fries short of a happy meal?

1) I own an SRT-6. You own a base model/ limited. Unless you have been living under a rock since the SRT came out you should know that quite a few of the internal parts on mine are different then yours. Since most of my parts are AMG spec'd many are interchangeable or require just minor modification with the C32/SLK32 AMG model lines. I do not know, nor care if they will work on your model.

2) Researching parts?...Been there, done that...ever since I picked up my car. So either your sources are flawed or your just plain dense...either way, most of your ideas for mods a) won't work without major modifications needed to the stock setup or 2) are too costly in comparison to what is actually yielded in net power.

It would be one thing if you were cocky and also knew your stuff. Being both cocky and stupid though, I feel sorry for you...

Last edited by respdoc; 10-13-2005 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:59 PM

Contrary to other individuals, I personally would like to thank you HDDP for your inputs and hope you keep doing the same!
Any Rants and raves should be taken elsewhere! Again Thanks!