WTB - Items/Parts Wanted to Buy - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

WTB Rear bumper diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 11:56 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default WTB Rear bumper diffuser

I'm looking for a rear bumper diffuser. New or used.
Please, let me know if you have it for sale.

Old 12-28-2019, 06:48 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: WTB Rear bumper diffuser

Look here: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post927339

Old 12-28-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Thanks for the input. I have already contacted to this seller via German eBay. This aftermarket fiberglass diffuser is the best on the market for nowadays but I guess it's too pricey.
I found another option here at Thecrossfirestore , ABS plastic diffuser. The total is about the same.
I'll be happy if I'll find used high quality diffuser OEM Mopar or German fiberglass for my project.

Old 12-29-2019, 09:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered one set from Germany. I bought direct from the MFGR. It is in transit now in canada. With shipping it was about 435 canadian. They are 250 euro plus shipping. He wanted to be paid in Euros. From everything I read, these are way superior to the crossfire store as they are glass and the molds were made from the OEM originals. This appears to be next to OEM and according to other posters on the Forum. I'll post when I get mine. Plan to paint them Yellow to match the car, You can't pay too much for a discontinued item.

Last edited by Johnny Versatile; 12-29-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:27 AM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Versatile
I just ordered one set from Germany. I bought direct from the MFGR. It is in transit now in canada. With shipping it was about 435 canadian. They are 250 euro plus shipping. He wanted to be paid in Euros. From everything I read, these are way superior to the crossfire store as they are glass and the molds were made from the OEM originals. This appears to be next to OEM and according to other posters on the Forum. I'll post when I get mine. Plan to paint them Yellow to match the car, You can't pay too much for a discontinued item.
I bought the crossfirestore “diffuser’s” and sent them back as soon as I got them. Very cheaply made. The plastic was paper thin and definitely not worth the cost for what you get. I’ve thought about getting the ones you just purchased, as I’ve heard they’re as close to the OEM diffuser’s. I personally haven’t ever seen the OEM’s but heard they were very sturdy and solid. The Crossfirestore diffuser’s are hollow which is the best way I can describe them. Post pictures please when you receive them if you wouldn’t mind?

Old 12-31-2019, 09:21 AM

Here is the last one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Cr...53.m1438.l2649
Total is about $325 more or less. Pricey.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:57 AM

The diffusers from Germany arrived today. They were well packaged and undamaged. The quality of workmanship is excellent. The finish on the raw side is excellent and the thickness of the layup of the glass is more than adequate The exposed side is fine if you wish to leave them unpainted as the quality is there. They are very stiff and will definitely last for sure. As the OEM parts are. I will paint mine yellow to match the car so I will add pictures when primed and painted. Give me a few days. Overall quite happy and I am picky.

Old 01-02-2020, 01:47 PM

The seller description on German eBay says that diffuser is painted in black. Did you buy yours from somebody else?

Old 01-02-2020, 02:06 PM

I bought mine from the manufacturer. Read this thread in it's entirety. It's worth it. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...group-buy.htmlPost #59 tells you what to do and the email address direct. This is the manufacturer, not a re seller. The black appears to be molded in. There is a slight "crinkle/dotted" finish on the exposed side. I took one diffuser out to the car to check for a fit, and frankly it is perfect. They would look good just mounted the way they came but they cover the painted facia and extend to the black cover plate. I want the colour to match the car, not the skid plate. What he promised he delivered in a timely manner. Yes they are pricey, but I couldn't make them this nice for myself for any amount of money. And I didn't want the cheapness of the crossfire store as some had suggested. I'll post some finished pictures of mine when done. Won't be installing till April as car is up on stands.

Last edited by Johnny Versatile; 01-02-2020 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:09 PM

It will be nice to see the final result Maybe I will change my mind.
BTW the person who is selling on eBay is the same person who sold the item to you.
He's nick name Stenzel or so.
He is not taking an offer LOL...…………
Hi,
No.
Regards
Stenzel

New message from: buellidson (1,919)

Last edited by monaderio; 01-02-2020 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:58 PM

I got at things this afternoon. Used degreasing agent on the diffusers. Then shot a light primer coat and then a heavier primer coat from a rattle can. After a couple hours I sanded it with 600 wet until all the micro ***** were gone/ blended as smooth as glass. I want it as good as the body. Will degrease again after supper and then shoot another primer coat to cover everything evenly. When dry, I will sand with 1000 wet. Probably shoot the yellow tomorrow using my airbrush.You will note the white burn thru. It appears that the black finish is the gel coat that the molds were sprayed with before layup. They are really well made.

Ready for another even primer coats

Last edited by Johnny Versatile; 01-02-2020 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:26 PM

Nice, good job!

Old 01-04-2020, 01:14 PM

So I shot another light coat of primer and did some spotty putty work to clean up minor imperfections. Did a full coat of primer and then water sanded with 1200. Ready for colour base coat. Using an air brush I had to fiddle around with reducer and air pressure to get it right. Sprayed on a light tack coat, diffuser in left hand and airbrush in right, over a laundry tub to catch minor over spray. Gotta get all the edges and corners, then sprayed on a wet coat. It flashes up fairly quickly but I let dry overnight. Wet sanded the colour coat this morning. I will let it thoroughly dry till later this afternoon and then wipe it down with degreaser. After dusting in the exposed primer areas that show in the picture, I will lay down two wet coats with the airbrush. I will again let it dry overnight and then shoot the clear if I am happy with the finish. Good fiberglass work. Only had a couple pin holes show with all the sanding

A few minor imperfections
and primering.

First shot of yellow

After drying they were water sanded to prepare for final colour

Old 01-04-2020, 03:11 PM

Perfect. Nice $500 product

Old 01-04-2020, 10:22 PM

Good addition to your yellow diffuser -