WTB - Items/Parts Wanted to Buy - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Coupe Cargo Cover - Roller and Shade - Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 01:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Coupe Cargo Cover - Roller and Shade - Wanted

There has been a fair bit of wishing in the Forum for a Coupe luggage compartment cargo cover. And Mopar certainly did offer such an accessory, back in the day.

The supplier probably made similar covers for other Chrysler vehicles, probably with similar or identical components, back in the (Magnum?) day.

My 2005 Coupe used to HAVE one of those factory-authorized-but-not-installed cargo covers. Brackets to mount the roller shade and hooks to hold it open are still in the vehicle. But the actual cover, the windowshade part, must have stayed in a former owners garage.

Does anyone have one of these windowshade cargo covers to sell? Or a lead toward someone who might have one?

Thanks,

Clint

Old 12-29-2013, 08:42 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Coupe Cargo Cover - Roller and Shade - Wanted

Originally Posted by ZH SRT6
There has been a fair bit of wishing in the Forum for a Coupe luggage compartment cargo cover. And Mopar certainly did offer such an accessory, back in the day.

The supplier probably made similar covers for other Chrysler vehicles, probably with similar or identical components, back in the (Magnum?) day.

My 2005 Coupe used to HAVE one of those factory-authorized-but-not-installed cargo covers. Brackets to mount the roller shade and hooks to hold it open are still in the vehicle. But the actual cover, the windowshade part, must have stayed in a former owners garage.

Does anyone have one of these windowshade cargo covers to sell? Or a lead toward someone who might have one?

Thanks,

Clint
Clint
As you know the Magnum cover is similar, back in the day I got the measurements for it and it is a bit short in the length as I recall. The Magnum one clipped into the trunk side panels and did not use the frame but it is about the same width. The length can be extended by moving the rod to the end or using loops, eliminating the flap required on the Magnum. The beauty of the Magnum cover was that it was less than half the price of the Crossfire one, about $120 if I remember correctly. I did a thread on this maybe five or six years ago.
I did see another cover that looked the same on another car, and swore to remember the car, naturally I forgot. You work for Chrysler as I remember and whoever made these rollers probably still does so .......... find out who they are.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Old 01-08-2014, 07:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually found the cover after 2 years of searching.

When you don't find the original cover and go for an alternative.

Would you consider selling the original brackets to me (the small one's under the window, and the 2 bolts in the back)

That ofcouse if u don't have any use for them anymore.

Grz Dennis

Old 01-19-2014, 12:36 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Clint
As you know the Magnum cover is similar, back in the day I got the measurements for it and it is a bit short in the length as I recall. The Magnum one clipped into the trunk side panels and did not use the frame but it is about the same width. The length can be extended by moving the rod to the end or using loops, eliminating the flap required on the Magnum. The beauty of the Magnum cover was that it was less than half the price of the Crossfire one, about $120 if I remember correctly. I did a thread on this maybe five or six years ago.
I did see another cover that looked the same on another car, and swore to remember the car, naturally I forgot. You work for Chrysler as I remember and whoever made these rollers probably still does so .......... find out who they are.
Going off of this post (as you haven't steered us wrong yet) I purchased a Magnum cover off of Ebay. And after receiving it and mocking it up in the car I can say that you are correct, the width is PERFECT for the Xfire, I just need to fab up some brackets to hold it in place and something to attach the rod to and it's money. So much cheaper than the one made for the car and much easier to get. Great idea!!

Old 01-19-2014, 08:24 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by TomStratRT
Going off of this post (as you haven't steered us wrong yet) I purchased a Magnum cover off of Ebay. And after receiving it and mocking it up in the car I can say that you are correct, the width is PERFECT for the Xfire, I just need to fab up some brackets to hold it in place and something to attach the rod to and it's money. So much cheaper than the one made for the car and much easier to get. Great idea!!
part # puleeze............

Old 01-19-2014, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
part # puleeze............
Number is here.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-19-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:16 AM

I'm glad you took the gamble and purchased one. We did a study on them some years back, the guy who helped me had a Magnum.
I have measured all the extra parts and I have drawn them up. I even made some of the big screw gizmos, clips and straps that go on the firewall and rear panel respectively. The OEM instructions to install it are here.
Let me know if I can be of any help.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Same place i got mine from. :-)

Old 02-05-2014, 11:26 AM

Same place i got mine from. :-)
So what progress has been made on this?
I have drawings of the threaded adapters and the hook and hook attachment parts behind the trunk lining.
They work as I have made them before.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:23 AM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks, great information.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:03 PM

bump................

Old 04-30-2017, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Re: Coupe Cargo Cover - Roller and Shade - Wanted

Hi all, today my partner became the proud owner of a 07 crossfire coupe.

Everything seems in good order so far with the Only thing missing is a rear Parcel shelf / load cover.

Read the forums but still unsure if the best route to take.

Can anyone advise?

Old 04-30-2017, 04:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like the original cover for the Crossfire was part number 82208889.
Most places show discontinued, but a few places show it as still available on the internet for about $265.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by garjoe05
It looks like the original cover for the Crossfire was part number 82208889.
Most places show discontinued, but a few places show it as still available on the internet for about $265.
There are none available as many have discovered, a really good one can be had from Zunsports in the UK, RedDog a member here is the US agent for it.
CLICK