All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

no electrical

Old 05-30-2016, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: no electrical

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Hesitant starts can be a symptom of the lack of fuel. After you leave the car off for awhile and then turn the key to the on position, before the start position and leave it for a fifteen seconds with just the fuel pump humming and then try to start it, does it fire up and keep running OK?
If so then that may well point to fuel pump or fuel filter problems.

@onehundred80 - I did as you said and found that the engine does turn over with less hesitation when I let run for 15sec before trying to start. I would like to change the fuel filter first, but do not know where it's located. do you have location and steps?

Also, does the crossfire only have the one fuel filter?

Old 05-30-2016, 05:50 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

There is only one fuel filter, it is located immediately in front of the right rear wheel inside the plastic cover, along with the fuel pump.
It can be a bit messy, as it connects directly to the fuel tank and can dump fuel while you are in the process of replacing it.
It has 4 hoses going to it, get some small screw type hose clamps before starting. The OEM clamps on it can be reused if you don't destroy them during removal, but the screw type ones are much easier to install.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
There is only one fuel filter, it is located immediately in front of the right rear wheel inside the plastic cover, along with the fuel pump.
It can be a bit messy, as it connects directly to the fuel tank and can dump fuel while you are in the process of replacing it.
It has 4 hoses going to it, get some small screw type hose clamps before starting. The OEM clamps on it can be reused if you don't destroy them during removal, but the screw type ones are much easier to install.

Perfect;; Thanks a million.. I hope this solves the issue and no pump will be needed. I'll update on how it turns out..

Old 06-15-2016, 11:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crossfirelady
Perfect;; Thanks a million.. I hope this solves the issue and no pump will be needed. I'll update on how it turns out..

Was there a happy ending/ favorable resolution to your problem, please share your outcome.