-C-I-C-C-I Discussion The place for members and those interested in joining the Club.

Original Intent for XFi

Old 01-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Honorary -C-I-C-C-I Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Original Intent for XFi

Most of you recall my activity a while back and some of you are only familiar with my name (Handle) but...........................
Let me throw a few pieces of "Food for thought"...............................
In 2004 I met ONE Crossfire owner at Carlisle and we talked about forming an Organization that would have ONE initial purpose.....................That was to establish a following!
I came up with a design, requested comments, and developed the XFI Logo. Since I felt we needed publicity I bought a Business Card program and contacted a printer for the decals. I paid for it all. And the first 25 Charter Members received their packets FREE!. Realizing that the approximate cost per package was @ $10.00, that became the cost for membership. As things were added to the packet, the price remained the same.
Since the main focal point for an "Official" gathering was the MOPAR Nationals at Carlisle, PA, I checked with athorities to identify requirements for a Club Tent and benefits. Cost was $150.00 unless the club had 25 members signed up with reference to XFI. It took a couple of years before we ever got close. The last year I was active, the word got out that I had been footing the bill and many of the members made contributions to me to offset my investment for the comfort received.
By establishing a list of folks (at that time growing) with a mutual interest and the desire to promote the Crossfire and establish publicity at Shows, etc. we were getting closer every event. ONCE we got that large following and had MANY interested owners from around the world we could FORMALIZE the Organization into a Legal Union. Once we had done that, then we could approach CHRYSLER CORP and VENDORS for further recognition and possible benefits.
Many of the Members wanted to move forward to the "Formal" state and my repeated attempts to explain that you organize ONCE you have a Large Active Following and not with a small list of folks that passed through the doors and were never heard from again.
The standard "Folks For" and "Folks Against" made the time longer than anticipated.
We were getting there when my wife started complaining about abdominal pains while riding in our XFR after never any word during our XFC ownership.
I sold my Crossfire to make her comfortable. We later found out that the pain was Kidney Cancer and she is now no longer with us.
Back to my point..................and to get to it!!!!!!!!
There are new folks working hard to make the Crossfire an Icon that will be recognized all over the world and will be PERMANENT in the automotive archives.
Here is my point...............Finally......................
IF, you want that to happen, then get involved and help! Contribute you ideas and assistance!
IF you DON'T want it to happen, then stop throwing all of the negatives into the pile.
A dedicated Club site with it's own forum is Progress..................Understand that!
You can frequent any or all of the forums that exhist and be supportive to all..........
Think Positive!
REDCROSS (JD)

Last edited by FP; 01-21-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Original Intent

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

And I agree with you completely.

Everyone else hear that too?

Old 01-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Very well stated!

Though, I'm afraid that there's some people here who won't be convinced of anything. The same type of people who like to argue for arguments sake.

Good to see you back on the forums again JD.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My condolences forward to you!

Good to see you back, and active

Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maxcichon
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

And I agree with you completely.

Everyone else hear that too?
I am on board an agree too.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Forum Regular

Thank you for all that you have done, JD ... I had no idea about your pesonal loss and would like to add my condolences ...

At the risk of being a bit repetetive, I'd like to say this about XFI and CICCI ... I'm just a couple of weeks short of being a 3-year Crossfire owner ... the love affair I've got going with my car is like no other I've ever experienced ... for whatever reason, I was VERY slow in coming to this site ... frankly, I was just unaware of it ... this past fall, I stumbled in the door, looked around, read a lot of posts from back when, then began to participate ... I like the site, place a high value on it and enjoy very much, the relationships I've cultivated here ... to me, they're irreplaceable and the information I've been able to access is invaluable ...

Part of what I learned, though, is a bit disturbing ... the site is hosted on a server over which NO active user has even the tiniest bit of control or influence ... the site exists SOLEY at the discretion of MightyJR and is on a server he maintains for another purpose ... while he has offered assurance that he will continue to let us have the space it requires, there really is NO guarantee that such will be the case on an ongoing basis. Circumstance COULD change ... we could all wake up some Tuesday morning and try to log on, only to get a screen telling us that no such URL exists and that we should check the spelling of our request ...

THAT has happened to me before ... I've been a happy member of a user-group whose site went dark without warning ... I know from personal experience the sort of loss that entails ... I know how great the sense of disconnect it brings ... some of you have heard me say it before, but for those who haven't, that sense of loss was, for me, as much like a death in the family as anything OTHER than an actual death has ever been ...

I remain active here ... I continue to value and appreciate the merit it offers ... I continue to cultivate relationships here that are meaningful to me ... and will continue to do so for as long as the forum stays alive ... perhaps that will be longer than I personally will live, but there is also the all-too real chance it could die before some flowers bought today and put in a vase on the hall table ...

To that end, I joined CICCI ... everyone there is also a member here... CICCI is not a competitor, it's a SUPPLEMENT ... it's an assurance that I'm not going to wake up one morning and learn I've been cut off from all things Crossfire ... IF this site dies, that will be an irreplaceable loss for all of us, but having CICCI in place assures me and the others there that our loss will be at least somewhat mitigated ...

I'm happy and proud to be here and am willing to offer my opinion to all ... I'm not some elitist looking to rise above this group, I'm seeking to have assurance that the value I have found here will survive, at least in part, even if worst comes to worst ...

I'm SteveS ... I'm proud to be a member of the CrossfireForum and a Charter Member of CICCI ... and I approved this message ...

Last edited by SteveS; 01-20-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:02 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

JD thank you for your words. You have no idea how much they mean.
Pat

Old 01-21-2009, 05:44 AM

JD I'm sorry for your loss.
Thank you JD for starting XFi and thank you for these words.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:09 AM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

JD, thanks for the endorsement, and support. and thanks for accepting the Honorary Membership. An honor you deserve as the cornerstone of our club.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts

JD (Redcross),
I to want to thank you for your words in the first post in this thread.
I hope this clarifies for some here some of the history behind where we are today.
As you recall we spoke on the phone for a great amount of time on one occasion back on September 5th last year.

I'm glad you have found some time to drop in and again say hello here.

Thanks for all you have done,

Gary

Old 01-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts
Default Re: Original Intent for XFi

Thanks for dropping by JD.

Your contributions are appreciated.

You have my condolences for your loss.

And my respect for your efforts here.

roadster with a stick

Old 02-16-2009, 08:49 AM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Original Intent for XFi

Originally Posted by REDCROSS
Most of you recall my activity a while back and some of you are only familiar with my name (Handle) but...........................
Let me throw a few pieces of "Food for thought"...............................
In 2004 I met ONE Crossfire owner at Carlisle and we talked about forming an Organization that would have ONE initial purpose.....................That was to establish a following!
I came up with a design, requested comments, and developed the XFI Logo. Since I felt we needed publicity I bought a Business Card program and contacted a printer for the decals. I paid for it all. And the first 25 Charter Members received their packets FREE!. Realizing that the approximate cost per package was @ $10.00, that became the cost for membership. As things were added to the packet, the price remained the same.
Since the main focal point for an "Official" gathering was the MOPAR Nationals at Carlisle, PA, I checked with athorities to identify requirements for a Club Tent and benefits. Cost was $150.00 unless the club had 25 members signed up with reference to XFI. It took a couple of years before we ever got close. The last year I was active, the word got out that I had been footing the bill and many of the members made contributions to me to offset my investment for the comfort received.
By establishing a list of folks (at that time growing) with a mutual interest and the desire to promote the Crossfire and establish publicity at Shows, etc. we were getting closer every event. ONCE we got that large following and had MANY interested owners from around the world we could FORMALIZE the Organization into a Legal Union. Once we had done that, then we could approach CHRYSLER CORP and VENDORS for further recognition and possible benefits.
Many of the Members wanted to move forward to the "Formal" state and my repeated attempts to explain that you organize ONCE you have a Large Active Following and not with a small list of folks that passed through the doors and were never heard from again.
The standard "Folks For" and "Folks Against" made the time longer than anticipated.
We were getting there when my wife started complaining about abdominal pains while riding in our XFR after never any word during our XFC ownership.
I sold my Crossfire to make her comfortable. We later found out that the pain was Kidney Cancer and she is now no longer with us.
Back to my point..................and to get to it!!!!!!!!
There are new folks working hard to make the Crossfire an Icon that will be recognized all over the world and will be PERMANENT in the automotive archives.
Here is my point...............Finally......................
IF, you want that to happen, then get involved and help! Contribute you ideas and assistance!
IF you DON'T want it to happen, then stop throwing all of the negatives into the pile.
A dedicated Club site with it's own forum is Progress..................Understand that!
You can frequent any or all of the forums that exhist and be supportive to all..........
Think Positive!
REDCROSS (JD)
Bump.....Words from the man who started XFI; The cornerstone of CICCI.

Thank you JD (Recross).