Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

A Little Tease (just for you Kim)

Old 01-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts
Default Re: A Little Tease (just for you Kim)

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
... definitely going a different direction, but the hardest part, as stated by someone else, is finding the rims to bring it all together (and not spending 5K on them LOL).
Check out the ADR Propulsion Type 54 rims below. I was seriously looking at this 04 XFire a year back that had the Hyper Silver version mounted. Wheels also come in Hyper Black, Chrome, and Black w/Polished Lip. First time I saw these up close was on a 300c at Alcoa's smelter in Alcoa, TN. It had the Hyper Silver version and they really set the car off. Wheels are really sharp. Rim design is simple with no pockets anywhere to collect deposits, so easy to keep clean. And you can get the same size as XFire factory, if you want to stay with OEM tire size.

Good luck with your mods.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
02-1.jpg (44.6 KB, 62 views)
04-1.jpg (30.0 KB, 52 views)
05-1.jpg (33.7 KB, 51 views)
Old 01-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carbon fiber looks great. Carbon Fiber keeps it simple, but has an elegant look, high tech. Nice, great job.

Dave
dtinker

Old 01-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Nothing really stands out but your eyes can't leave it. And you realize,,,cool man, really cool, without knowing what caught your eye.

Pure class John.
Well thank you, sir because that is exactly what I am striving for with this car. A car that even XF afficionados will not be able to spot every mod is what I was really after because that means the general public will NOT notice the mod.

As Franc said, we had a warm spell here for a few days and I got to hand wash and wax her, and I finally got some decent pictures. I will post some new ones with the grill installed hopefully tomorrow....

Originally Posted by VIPER0076
Where did you get the windshield surround?
I had my OEM pieces hydpgraphically wrapped in CF. Member SRT SIX can help if you are interested, but it is $$$$ so not for the faint of heart.

Door handles are next to finish out the look

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
I REALLY like the LOOK!!!! Car looks "SILKY" smooth!!!! Keep this one between the ditches!!!!.
Thanks and I will do my best on the ditches LOL

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE graphite grey and am so happy I was able to transition from the black, just wish it would have been from selling the old one, not the way she went.

I have looked at those wheels several times, and I do like them. I really want some custom one off lexani's, but the wheels totally depend on how my legal battle with my insurance guy turns out, lawyer sent the letter of intent to sue today, wish me luck

Old 01-04-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by dtinker
Carbon fiber looks great. Carbon Fiber keeps it simple, but has an elegant look, high tech. Nice, great job.

Dave
dtinker
I agree Dave, especially against the graphite. From more than 10 feet away, you can not notice anyway.

Door handles will be done in the next few weeks, hopefully. That should round out the look and there will be no more of that ugly silver accent paint on my car

Old 01-05-2011, 01:30 PM

Here are some more pictures of the car, she is pretty much finished for the rest of the winter minus a few odds and ends (new headliner wrap and a few other ideas).

I had a black one before the graphite and only believed black could shine like this, I was wrong.

We had over 20+ hours into the lenses alone, and with the finish on them, I think it shows.

So what do you think?

I love the little flat black strips we did around the tops of the tail lights, just something a little different....

Old 01-05-2011, 01:38 PM

The car looks great. It really shines. The carbon fiber gives that touch, looks great.

Dave
dtinker

Old 01-05-2011, 01:39 PM

The grill is one of SRT SIX's that I have grinded the PC off and added a 'turned' finish. We then decided to keep the theme of tinted clear and use it on the grill. The effect is not done justice by photos, and when it is a normal overcast day, it just looks grey, but when the sun hits it, it lights us and you can see all the concentric circles just pop out at you.....

After PC removal and grinding....

Finished product....

Old 01-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Very nice John.

I am surprised to see OEM rims on it, tho. I get the idea you are not done.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:06 PM

The turning does really pop, I always thought that looked cool. Used to see it on all the real classics like Duesenberg. You can tell someone spent a lot of time making it look a certain way, Cooool!
Dave
dtinker

Old 01-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Nice Boiler! I think I may do a turned dash in the "you know what" which I am still waiting to pick up.
Yours is beautiful.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I am surprised to see OEM rims on it, tho. I get the idea you are not done.
You got that right, Mark. The blizzaks and snow tires for winter and ???? for summer. I have some thoughts, but I go back and forth every day

Originally Posted by patpur
Very Nice Boiler! I think I may do a turned dash in the "you know what" which I am still waiting to pick up.
Yours is beautiful.
Hell ya, capital idea, especially with how little angle there is to it, it should not be hard to accomplish. That will look great, post pics if you end up doing it....

Originally Posted by dtinker
You can tell someone spent a lot of time making it look a certain way, Cooool!
Dave
dtinker
Thanks! Thats the idea, for somene to know it is different and I made it mine

Old 01-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Here are some more pictures of the car, she is pretty much finished for the rest of the winter minus a few odds and ends (new headliner wrap and a few other ideas).

I had a black one before the graphite and only believed black could shine like this, I was wrong.

We had over 20+ hours into the lenses alone, and with the finish on them, I think it shows.

So what do you think?

I love the little flat black strips we did around the tops of the tail lights, just something a little different....

Your car looks so good!!!! Shows that the black one wasn't a fluke but planning & good taste. I have to say, every time I see what you are doing to your cars it makes me want to send you mine with the Amex in the center console!! Evan & Mark who also just bought Graphite cars are taking notes & sharing ideas too I am sure!!!

I can't wait to see it at the Spring Dragon & get more "glamour shots" of her!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Yea, I AM thinking...

Old 01-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks Good John.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:22 PM
She can ride with me ;)

Looks great, John.

Ya know, if I saw that parked on the street somewhere, I would just know it was yours - even without seeing that big P on the license plate.

I think the P must stand for...

wait for it...

Perfection!
(You thought I was gonna say something rude, didn't cha? LOL)

In all seriousness, that looks fab, John. I can't wait to see what rims you decide on.

Of course, the down side of this is, that now I can't ever get a graphite Crossfire. Because anything I do to it will just look like copying yours.

I am just a little bit thankful that you don't have your black one anymore. It made me depressed because I knew, no matter how much I tried, mine would never shine like yours. Now all I gotta do is get rid of FP's, Crispy's, and RickZ's, and mine will look perfect! LOL, OK, not perfect, but not so bad.

Last edited by tom2112; 01-05-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Perfect.....

Old 01-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with you Tom. My first thought would be that car belongs to John. The pride in ownership and the attention to detail is truly second to none and is his signature. Well done John! Enjoy your research for wheels and show us something special in the spring. I like your idea of going staggered this time.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Forum Regular

Looks incredibly sharp. Definitely could tell a lot of love and pride goes into your work. I even like the carbon accent -- looks awesome.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by tom2112
Of course, the down side of this is, that now I can't ever get a graphite Crossfire. Because anything I do to it will just look like copying yours.
Yea, but, imitation IS the most sincere form of flattery.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:32 AM

You all sure know how to make a guy feel great about what HE THINKS is a fantastic looking car, THANK YOU ALL!!

Being that it has been out for 7 years, there is not too much that SOMEONE has not thought of or already done, but it is the entire package and how you make it yours that counts, and maybe most importantly, to have fun with it. Molly was much more involved in this one, and that means a lot to me, she is learning how to drive the 6 speed and every day is feeling less like it is 'my car' and more than it is 'our baby' LOL.

Mark, I would be happy to help out with some mods, if you need some help, but I see the wheels in your head turning

Tom, that was hilarious, and I have to say, I am glad I no longer have to compete with FP, SRT SIX, ACrispy, etc. because that group can make a black car look like a mirror. I am glad that my new car looks good more than 5 minutes after washing it, because the black sure never would

Next I am wrapping the headliner and pillars in CF for a little interior upgrade. I already put in a new shift boot and a custom console pad, plus the LEDs. The stereo will proably be in spring as well, I want to do something neat here as well, maybe a custom fiberglass box or something wrapped in CF?? We will see, but the adventure will never end......

Quick Reply: A Little Tease (just for you Kim)