Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Anyone have any transmision problems??

Old 09-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any transmision problems??

Took one for a test drive and when I got on the gas it jumped out of gear and went into neutral and as I'm looking at the car salesman he's just as puzzled as me which was good cause he hasn't seen this before. Anyway it won't shift beyond second and I pull over to the side of the HIGHWAY and with hazards on turn off and turn back on after a few seconds, thinking this will help cause the salesman hasn't said anything yet. I get back on the highway and the thing won't shift out of second, WTF. Supposed to be a nice car and all right? I repeat the procedure and go to the side of the road turn off, turn on and everything's fine. To make the short story long I decide to buy it cause I just have to have one and take it home telling them I'll baby it and just take it home to surprise the wife and bring it in in the morning to have them check it out. All this after the another sales guy takes it to get gas and says that it's fine. Well after telling the service guy EXACTLY what happens he gets back to me 7 hours later after a little stalking on the phone of this guy and tells me "yup that's what it does and we'll probably have to replace the transmission." And that's just the transmission problem not to mention what I found out. So I'm standing next to the service guy this morning while he's checking my car in and when he pulls my car's maintainence history he says "WOW". This thing has been to the body shop twice, the AC compressore replaced already, the radio fixed cause it didn't work and now the damn transmission doesn't work worth a damn. I'll be asking the dealer for a different car let's just say.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:28 PM

Yea, That really sucks!
Good luck. Make sure you update us on your progress.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Default Trans

Was this a new car? Also, was this an automatic trans?

Old 09-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CANCEL THE CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2004, 12:17 AM

So here's how it worked out. I told them that I want a new car and I got what I wanted. I had them get the exact car that I wanted but it was at a different dealership in town though. So I went with my salesman, who had a check from my dealership to buy the car I wanted from the other dealership. The check was for 32,???, I took a peak, and I got my car for $31885 and that included LoJak and a Teflon treatment outside and in. I WON!!!!!! I'm usually easy going but they pissed me off, so I got what I wanted and DAMN DO I LOVE THIS THING!! Graphite with 2 tone black/grey interior, automatic, Michelin Pilot Sports. The funny thing is, is that the finance guy (the guy you sign all the paperwork with) almost had me sold on a SRT-6 for $53,000 out the door. I was SOOOOOOOO close to doing it but I couldn't bring myself to pay $799 for 84 months. Keep in mind that it's just $200 more a month than I'm paying now.

Old 09-17-2004, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by craftomatic
So here's how it worked out. I told them that I want a new car and I got what I wanted. I had them get the exact car that I wanted but it was at a different dealership in town though. So I went with my salesman, who had a check from my dealership to buy the car I wanted from the other dealership. The check was for 32,???, I took a peak, and I got my car for $31885 and that included LoJak and a Teflon treatment outside and in. I WON!!!!!! I'm usually easy going but they pissed me off, so I got what I wanted and DAMN DO I LOVE THIS THING!! Graphite with 2 tone black/grey interior, automatic, Michelin Pilot Sports. The funny thing is, is that the finance guy (the guy you sign all the paperwork with) almost had me sold on a SRT-6 for $53,000 out the door. I was SOOOOOOOO close to doing it but I couldn't bring myself to pay $799 for 84 months. Keep in mind that it's just $200 more a month than I'm paying now.
799 for 72 months made me choke lol. Didnt you ever think about leasing?
You can get a much lower payment if you can stay in the given miles. Heck im almost paying half of what you are a month. Its a lease but still. If i had to pay 600 bucks a month on the crossfire, I would cry myself to sleep. :lol: I just dont think this car warrants that kind of payment. Crazy. Not trying to be an @$$. Just thats the way I feel. I use to pay 996 on 01 BMW M3. I use to think it was worth the payment. At least until I lost my job :lol:

Old 09-17-2004, 12:55 AM

Leases aren't for me. If I want a car I don't want to be restricted by miles and such and anyhow you end up paying more in the long run if you want to keep it anyhow.

Old 09-20-2004, 11:48 PM

I have a 04 Crossfire with 4 thousand miles and It has been in the dealership for 32 days. They replaced the trans and torque converter already and the thing still shifts rough and shimmies on the downshift. I am pursuing the lemon law right now.
Anyone have any tranny problems like this?