Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Trunk Lid Jammed

Old 05-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Trunk Lid Jammed

hey pizzaguy thanks a whole h... for that great video.
watched it several times and learned.
now i have to pull the pumps to send to top hydraulic.
DON"T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2015, 05:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just found this thread yesterday.

Performed the mod today.

I only removed the electric actuator piece (A 193 757 01 24). Left the emergency pull in place.

Took about 20 minutes.

Hardest part is getting the T20 bolts out of the electric lock mechanism (A 193 820 00 72). The left one is partially blocked by metal frame. Use of a T20 key wrench is necessary. Use of a 1/4" tiny ratchet is helpful for speeding up the process.

Tested post mod, works perfectly.

IMG_6840sm.jpg
Key wrench required, ratchet helpful

IMG_6843sm.jpg

IMG_6830sm.jpg
Here is the actuator and end piece. Push the black away from open horseshoe end to slip off the white solenoid plunger tip.

IMG_6833sm.jpg

IMG_6832sm.jpg

IMG_6836sm.jpg
Electric lock bracket

IMG_6837sm.jpg
Cams behind latch that electric lock engages.

Attached Files

Last edited by GregWork; 02-15-2015 at 05:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CROSSFIRERUSH (07-26-2020)
Old 02-16-2015, 02:18 PM

Many thanks to PizzaGuy for the initial diagnosis of this problem and his photos of the offending mechanism. (Us old guys love photos. The "word processor" in our heads is one of the first things to go.)

A big thank you to GregWork's photos of his remedy. Outstanding detail.

I can now go and confidently perform some preventive surgery.

By the way, GregWork. Is that the ultra low-mileage roadster I saw for sale online at Cincinnati Auto Mall a month or so ago when my wife and I were shopping for ours? Beautiful automobile.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mackel
A big thank you to GregWork's photos of his remedy. Outstanding detail.
By the way, GregWork. Is that the ultra low-mileage roadster I saw for sale online at Cincinnati Auto Mall a month or so ago when my wife and I were shopping for ours? Beautiful automobile.
I'm happy to contribute to this community. The info I have found here has been immensely helpful. Since my first XF was under warranty, and had no problems ever, I didn't know of this forum until I purchased this one and went looking for info.

I'm not sure it is the same one you saw. But probably; 5,607 miles out the door, SSB 2005 Limited.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...elping-xf.html

CrossfireForum.org - GregWork's Album: 05 Ltd Roadster Sapphire silver

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post824358

Last edited by GregWork; 07-28-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:15 AM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Post 122 is epic!

Old 03-31-2015, 09:12 AM

Using GregWork's post 122 as a guide I performed the preventive surgery on my car a couple of weeks ago. It took about 20 minutes total. Spent the most time getting the black hickey off the end of the white thingy without breaking the white thingy, but it came off with a drop of WD40 to help. Be careful not to drop the difficult-to-get-to screw into the frame works of the trunk lid.

The top works just fine post surgery.

Now I'll have to keep an eye out for those hooligans going around opening trunk lids on Crossfires with the top in motion

Old 07-27-2015, 08:59 PM

While our 2005 XF only has 40K, I worried about not doing this "fix". We'd be somewhere wearing the same clothes because the clean ones were in the locked trunk.
Gary had both done in 10 minutes tonight 😎 thank you sweetie. And thank you to all the owners who worked through the problem and posted this info.
Very easy, no reason to not do them, every reason too.

Sticky key and trunk latch done, leaves soldering/no start fix and I think we are done.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by GregWork
I just found this thread yesterday.

Performed the mod today.

I only removed the electric actuator piece (A 193 757 01 24). Left the emergency pull in place.
EXACTLY as it should be. My removing the emergency handle is, I THINK, a mistake. I KNOW the actuator is an issue, but I still question my conclusion that the emergency mechanism was an issue.

And here, I forgot about this - bought another car last month - gonna do this over the weekend.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I guess I'll join in here as my trunk is now stuck shut. My top stopped working when I went to put it down, and now the trunk will not open. In addition the BAS/ESP light is on on top of it all. anyone have an idea where to start?

Old 11-13-2015, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Stacysback
Well I guess I'll join in here as my trunk is now stuck shut. My top stopped working when I went to put it down, and now the trunk will not open. In addition the BAS/ESP light is on on top of it all. anyone have an idea where to start?
Post 122 in this thread will explain what the problem is with your trunk lid and how to prevent what has happened. One of these roadster owners sharper than I am will have to tell you how to go about getting it open.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:04 PM

Let it sit a day, then it had just enough juice to the second truck lock to finalize that last stage! YEA, thats done and the truck is open. Thanks to the forum for all the help & special thanks to Pizzaguy for his manual top video!

Old 11-15-2015, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Just make sure you do the little mod on the trunk lock so you aren't set up for a real mess later. It's an easy fix.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:41 AM

Hi, I have an 04 Roadster. Last Sunday afternoon my wife & I decided to go for a cruise down the coast. The car was parked in the garage with the roof closed. I got into the car & proceeded to put the roof down. I released the roof catch pushing it upwards. I then attempted to open the roof by pressing the the open/close button in the centre console but all l got was beep beep beep. I went to the boot to check if the partition was in the right position connecting with the micro switch. It wasn't in the hangers so l made it secure then went back inside the car & pressed the switch again. It wasn't long before I heard quite a loud bang & then the warning beep started again. As l again got out of the car to check what the problem was l had a sick gut feeling when I discovered that l had left the boot lid wide open & to my horror the bottom of the roof edge had locked itself over edge of the boot lid & was jammed solid. No matter how l tried to force it back to its normal position it I couldn't budge it so I decided to called it day & leave it jammed in the half open position & go out in the other car. I removed the Crossfire ignition key & went to a restaurant for a meal but all the while l couldn't get out of my my mind what a stupid idiot I was for not closing the boot lid before attempting to open the the roof. After arriving back home I decided to go go back into the garage to have one final look at the disaster I had caused. I kid you not what l saw made my hair stand on end. Somehow the car had UN-JAMMED ITSELF and the roof was fully closed. The only thing I had to do was secure the manual locking handle in the roof. Since doing this I have tried the roof up & down several times & it works perfectly. If anyone can come up with a good explanation how this could happen without any power going to it I would be eternally grateful. If not, I will carry thinking the car is haunted.
Just love that car

Old 01-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

The top should not have moved if the trunk lid was open, you should check the microswitch within the trunk latch.
Unfortunately, that switch is not easy to access, you will need to disassemble the trunk latch mechanism.
While you are at it, remove the locking pawl from the end of the electrical lock solenoid.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:05 AM
Default Re: Trunklid Jammed

In these pictures, can you confirm that the release cable is a metal multi-cord cable? I think I have located it, but before I pull it I want to be sure.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nexxus
In these pictures, can you confirm that the release cable is a metal multi-cord cable? I think I have located it, but before I pull it I want to be sure.
What pictures?

Old 01-26-2016, 11:29 AM

This is the release

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
trunk release.jpg (175.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 01-26-2016, 12:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone looked into adding this to a coupe?

Old 01-26-2016, 01:14 PM

I am attempting to hook onto the cable from the left side license plate light hole. My trunk is stuck due to the roof malfunctioning, and it seems to think that the roof is in the UNLATCHED position (windows do not go down, constantly beeps when driving, trunk will not open, spoiler will not deploy). I found what looks like a metal multi-thread wire (silver) but want to confirm that is the trunk release cable before pulling it.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:49 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I can confirm that the emergency release cable is multi-threaded and silver.
I cannot confirm that the one you are about to yank is it however.
BUT - Id say it's at least a 85% chance that it is.

Quick Reply: Trunk Lid Jammed