TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Technical Information Database

Old 05-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Technical Information Database

Hey everyone, I know I'm kind of new here, but allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Josh, I drive an 04 coupe and work at my local 5 star Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and RAM dealership.

However I decided to start this thread not to introduce myself, but to allow everyone here the access to maintenence and parts database that I currently have at my fingertips. I want to make myself as useful as possible here, so basically what I am offering is an unlimited resource to any Chrysler product technical information.

So if you need any diagrams or wiring information please post it here with details of what you need. As well as diagrams and information about the cars (not just Crossfires, but ANY and ALL Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and RAM products) I also have access to all parts and part numbers.

Please don't hesitate to post your requests here and I will reply, rather quickly I might add considering I am online on the forum most of the day. I hope I can be of some use to everyone here with this information, it is truly a blessing to have access to the technical information that I have, like I said do not hesitate with any of your requests.

Josh

P.S. - Please include your VIN with request. As well, if you are interested in an extended warranty or information on warranties please PM me.

Last edited by BLK04LMTD; 05-28-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Default Re: Technical Information Database

Josh,
First many thanks for your invaluable offer.
1. VIN:1C3AN65L85X028031. 2005 Limited Roadster.
2. Drivers side heated seat completely inop. Passenger side back only
works.
3. Have P/N for Heated Seat Element Repair Kit (68000519-AB).
4. In the event replacing the element (bottom) or connector (back) doesn't
correct the problem, is the following from the 2006 Parts Manual (Figure
8-805, Item 1) the correct p/n: 05097522AA for the Heated Seat
Module ?
5. The repair (2004 only non SRT repair manual on forum) manual describes
the module as being part of the heated seat switch assembly.
6. Also the most current p/n for the Fuel Relay Control Module and Crank
Position Sensor.
Thanks again.
Tim

Old 05-27-2010, 04:18 PM

Tim:

The part number 05097522AA is the correct part number for the heated seat switch.

As far as the fuel relay goes I assume you are talking about the fuel pump relay (the only thing I could find when I searched 'Fuel Relay Control Module') in the tech portion of my service database as well as parts. The part number for the fuel pump relay is : 05099007AA

And the part number for the crank position sensor is : 05080350AA

Hopefully this helps you out a bit and I also added the part numbers for the seat heating elements below just for added info.

68000519AA & 68000519AB (I assume one is for one side and the other for the other side.)

Old 05-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Josh,
That ROCKS !!!!!! Thanks so much. Should've asked this first time, but what are the dealers asking for the parts listed previously ?

Questions:
The release button popped out of my covertable top latch handle. The Crossfire "Certified" technician @ Ontario (CA.) JCD is telling me that the 2005 latch handle part number has been "superceded" and the new repacement latch handle would also require replacement of the windshield header latches - True ???
Other than taking a given dealers service managers word for it that his mechanic is indeed Crossfire certified (completed Daimler/Chrysler/Crossfire course), what's the least confrontational means of verifying that the mechanic assigned is indeed CERTIFIED ?
Tim

Old 05-27-2010, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by 2005 Ragtop
Josh,
That ROCKS !!!!!! Thanks so much. Should've asked this first time, but what are the dealers asking for the parts listed previously ?

Questions:
The release button popped out of my covertable top latch handle. The Crossfire "Certified" technician @ Ontario (CA.) JCD is telling me that the 2005 latch handle part number has been "superceded" and the new repacement latch handle would also require replacement of the windshield header latches - True ???
Other than taking a given dealers service managers word for it that his mechanic is indeed Crossfire certified (completed Daimler/Chrysler/Crossfire course), what's the least confrontational means of verifying that the mechanic assigned is indeed CERTIFIED ?
Tim
From what I can tell in my database the latch repair kits from before 10/13/04 have infact been superceded, possibly with a new kit that does include the windshield latches as well (I do not know the specifics on that).

However, these part numbers may be something for you to look into:

Left latch HEADER: 05143015AA
Right latch HEADER: 05143016AA

Possibly what you are looking for I do not know exactly.

As far as checking if the technician is in fact certified to work on Crossfires, which is a perfectly reasonable request considering the cost and collectability of these vehicles, is to simply ask to see certification paperwork or verification of certification. (that's a lot of 'ations' lol)

Hope this helps again.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:15 PM

Josh,
Got a new one for ya. You may have to eyeball your car to get a clearer idea of the part I've got in mind. Front wheelwell, just below the splash/access panels for the foglamps you should see what appears to be a debris deflector that sticks down in front of the front tires. My passenger side is missing, but would like to replace both. Part number ? Cost ?

Many Thanks,
Tim

Old 06-15-2010, 02:33 PM

Josh .... don't know if you can ascertain what I need by my description, but if it is a replacement part that can be easily installed that would be great. In the roadster trunk, the fold up and away divider, hooks into a unit in the upper left and right sides of the rear wheel wells. It is hidden from view by the stiff molded carpet in the trunk. The unit on the drivers side seems to have come undone (or broke off), and is only held up by the carpeting push pins. This unit has a sensor attached to it. Is this unit available? appreciate your help if possible. Howard

Old 06-15-2010, 03:33 PM

Hi Josh,
I live in Pensacola, FL and have a question for you. I just took a trip to Texas and while there my siren went off and the lights blinked. Sometimes the lights do not flash though. When it goes off it just keeps going. Nothing will turn it off; not even cranking the car. Have you guys had a lot of problems with this? I went on the mercedes forum and a few people said that it was the SKREEM (alarm). They said it has a battery in it and when the battery dies then it will go off. I wanted to know if the dealership you work at has had experience with this.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:50 PM

Well Howard to be honest I would assume if there is a sensor there it is to tell the car when the divider is out or in so the car knows to put the top down or not. I will look into the part number for that, but I cannot promise anything as that doesn't seem to be a common problem and there may not be that specific part in the system. Meaning it may be tied into the whole unit it is attached to and not on it's own part number.

----

In response to the guy in FL, I would also assume it is the SKREEM sensor judging by the posts and everything I've read here on the forum this unfortunately happens to be a common problem with many crossfires and can be a royal and annoying pain in the bottom.

The part number for the SKREEM is:

05099541AA

There is also another part called the 'export skreem module' I don't know the differance but here is the PN for that as well:

05099540AA

Old 06-15-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by 2005 Ragtop
Josh,
Got a new one for ya. You may have to eyeball your car to get a clearer idea of the part I've got in mind. Front wheelwell, just below the splash/access panels for the foglamps you should see what appears to be a debris deflector that sticks down in front of the front tires. My passenger side is missing, but would like to replace both. Part number ? Cost ?

Many Thanks,
Tim

Hard to know specifically what that part would be called, I know exactly what you're talking about. I've found a few parts that you may want to look into, as far as price I would have to know EXACTLY what the part is to get a price, they don't like me randomly price checking parts in the back.

These parts are listed as SHIELD, Wheel House, Front Assembly:

Left side: 05098681AA
Right side: 05098682AA

And these are listed as SHIELD, Splash, Front Section:

Left side: 05097997AA
Right side: 05097998AA

Hopefully you can check with your local dealer for a picture of these part numbers to see if they are what you need, I apologize I could not be of further assistance.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by BLK04LMTD
Well Howard to be honest I would assume if there is a sensor there it is to tell the car when the divider is out or in so the car knows to put the top down or not. I will look into the part number for that, but I cannot promise anything as that doesn't seem to be a common problem and there may not be that specific part in the system. Meaning it may be tied into the whole unit it is attached to and not on it's own part number.
Josh ... you are right, the sensor is to tell whether to put the top up or down. Hopefully you can find info on that. Thanx Howard

Old 06-15-2010, 08:06 PM

Thanks for your help Josh! I will let you know how it goes. Do you have any advice for repairing a headliner? Mine is starting to peel back around the edges.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:24 PM

Can you order me an Iat sensor part #05080343AA ? How should I pay you?Total cost? Thanks

Old 06-17-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by ModlessG
Can you order me an Iat sensor part #05080343AA ? How should I pay you?Total cost? Thanks
I've had other members ask me to order parts for them as well, I will be setting up a PayPal of my own soon I can start taking orders via that when I do.

I'll let you know, I know I quoted another member on the IAT sensor and it was a little less than $25 if I remember. (Plus shipping of course.)

Old 08-22-2010, 04:30 AM

Hi Josh ,

how much is a remote key for the XF can you give ma price please if i ordered from you?
Thanks

Old 08-22-2010, 06:50 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Technical Information Database

Can you find any gear sets that replace the crossfire 3.07 OTHER than the 3.27 na rear??Id love the range of 3.5 - 3.7 and I figure some chassis will cross to another mb car's rear.

I can adapt the sensors so that is not an issue, just finding the gear set is the issue, thanks. And DITTO on the key request, how much for a factory spare matched to the VIN?

Woody

Old 08-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Gee Josh....I had forgotten you work at a dealership. How 'bout pricing? I looked up the following P/N 05080343AA. What is the price of this part at your dealership? I know what MB wanted. Just curious. I believe the new management at my local dealership is stiffing us. Chrysler parts at this dealership are just short of twice as much as the MB dealership. No names will be mentioned. Just curious. I can always go somewhere else if this is the case. Thanks

Old 08-22-2010, 08:53 AM

Hey Josh, where is your dealership located? Can you provide a price quote for two headlights?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:31 AM

Wow..... You josh, are truly awesome. We definitely appreciate it when members can offer invaluable help like this. I wish I needed something at the moment, but I'll make sure to bookmark this post for future reference. Thanks man!

Old 09-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Josh. I was wondering if you had a part# for the relay required for upgrading power adjust seats on a base roadster 2005. Sorry i don't have the vin handy. ?....were do i put the relay as the original post was vague. I'm assuming the fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel? Thxs Josh.

Quick Reply: Technical Information Database