All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 06-27-2018, 08:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

And get another 5% off by putting 8244210774079019 in the "how did you hear about us" box (Good till July 1st 2018 @ Rock auto on anything)

Old 06-28-2018, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, it wasn't today, it was actually last week, but I believe I now have the only XF with a beige roof:

Old 06-28-2018, 04:55 PM
Received 140 Likes on 109 Posts

Beige top looks great. Nice change

Today I had the TPMS synced with the car
Finally no more light

Had the wheels balanced at the same time

What a difference

Ready for highway road tripping

Old 06-29-2018, 03:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

That's a great looking top, JACxf!

Old 07-01-2018, 01:05 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Let me ditto that - Great looking top on that SE Roadster.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Took some time this morning to wash the Coupe after returning from the Crossfire in the Ozarks GTG in Eureka Springs. Spent the time going over the front end to remove all the bugs and other road grime that gets collected from a long road trip. Applied some Meguiar's Cleaner Wax on the front bumper, after drying the car, to remove the last remnants of road grime. Car is nearly back to pre-roadtrip condition. I'll do the inside probably tomorrow evening.

Old 07-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Don't miss those corn curls under the seat

Old 07-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Received 133 Likes on 111 Posts

Keep the corn curls under the seat and save them for hard times

Old 07-02-2018, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by UrbanE

Finally no more light

You actually have a local place that can do this? Lucky Man! I have to drive 2.5 hours.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by UrbanE

Finally no more light

Had the wheels balanced at the same time

What a difference

Ready for highway road tripping
Originally Posted by ambidextrous
That's a great looking top, JACxf!
Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Let me ditto that - Great looking top on that SE Roadster.

Thank you, I am quite fond of it myself

Old 07-02-2018, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by ultramac
You actually have a local place that can do this? Lucky Man! I have to drive 2.5 hours.
Lucky, you bet.

One group owns three or four of the Chrysler Dealerships in Town. They share the software. As long as they know in advance, they make the arrangements to have the equipment ready for the appointment. Almost no waiting.
South Trail Chrysler/Fiat.

Happy Fourth to all of our American Cousins. 242 years is an amazing accomplishment.

We’ve recently been advise that hockey sticks and Maple Syrup now pose a treat to National security, hmmm.

Come to Canada 🇨🇦 we’ll still treat you like family, family at a Thanksgiving meal. We’ll bicker but after we break bread, have a few drinks and watch hockey, we’ll all get along.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Yesterday I passed 29,000 miles. She is still quite new both inside and outside including under the hood (all I do is wash/wax/vacuum her about once every two months). Oil changes and a recent brake system flush (which also took care of my soft pedal issue) keeps her running great! I plan on keeping her for many more years to come!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCF2397.JPG (713.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-05-2018, 01:45 AM

Mary Rose got treated to a wash and wax yesterday for cruising today.

Had to replace a headlight today. It would have taken only a couple of minutes, but Superman must have attached the plug to the bulb!! That sucker was on tight. Took me nearly 30 minutes just to get it unplugged. 🤬 After I got it unplugged, it took me less than 2 minutes to get the new one in. Mary Rose is all dressed up and out on the town!
Mary Rose showing her stuff at Laguna Beach, CA.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Aquaman1nj
Mary Rose got treated to a wash and wax yesterday for cruising today.

Had to replace a headlight today. It would have taken only a couple of minutes, but Superman must have attached the plug to the bulb!! That sucker was on tight. Took me nearly 30 minutes just to get it unplugged. 🤬 After I got it unplugged, it took me less than 2 minutes to get the new one in. Mary Rose is all dressed up and out on the town!
Mary Rose showing her stuff at Laguna Beach, CA.
That’s the back drop of the year. Great setting. Nice photo.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:17 AM

Thanks Urban. It’s easy to find a great backdrop when you live in So Cal. Beaches, Mountains, Deserts...all just a short drive away.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:05 AM

Thanks Urban. It’s easy to find a great backdrop when you live in So Cal. Beaches, Mountains, Deserts...all just a short drive away.
Perhaps I’ll find an amazing backdrop myself when I’m there in a week

Today we’re leaving on a 3 week RT with the roadster
Calgary, Seattle, Oregon coast, San Fran, LA, hopefully Laguna for a few days then back up to Vancouver for a few days and across back to Calgary.

You sure have to pack tight if you plan to have the top down for any part of the trip. And a heat wave.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's why the movie business located there and has remained there for so many years.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

I hard wired my dash cam, the old hard wiring would not work with this new Garmin 45 model. Naturally it caused more of the headliner to drop, luckily the sun shades hold it up in that area.
The power is tapped from the radio harness Scosche adapter, switched positive, permanent positive and ground. With the backup camera power trip wire to the same adaptor it looks like a pile of spaghetti. There is not much room behind the Nav unit so it all has to be carefully spread out.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:25 AM

Hey Urban...with all those stops you are sure to find enough great backdrops for you ride to fill at least and 18 month calendar!!

From San Francisco south down the Coast Highway alone you’ll get half a dozen pics. I recommend as you are heading south, hit Santa Cruz and Capitola, right next door.

Then down the 101south to Montery and Carmel. unless you stay on the 101 to Santa Barbara and Ventura. From there follow the Coast Hwy again through Malibu and Santa Monica. Then off to Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Newport Beach, then Laguna Beach. In California...Life’s a Beach!!

Happy trails, and dress light. It’s over 100 in So Cal. The Ferry Building San Francisco
Santa Monica Beach
The Pyramid Building, San Francisco
Alcatraz Island from above. I’m also a private pilot and got this shot on a recent flight over the bay
Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
Hotel Del Coranado, San Diego. The jewel of the Pacific.

Last edited by Aquaman1nj; 07-06-2018 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:54 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Today I have started another project to add more wires to the crossfire

One feature that I always missed on the crossfire that my S4 has is the auto climate control. Starting today, I am working towards adding that into the crossfire as well. During my initial touch screen installation, I added 4 Bosch BME 280 sensors inside the car, one outside the car and an inferred temperature sensor that aims against the windshield. The BME sensors are capable of detecting temperature, humidity and barometric pressure. Inside the car, they will be monitoring the four "zones" and and allow me to set a numeric temperature (74 degrees for example) for the driver and passenger. I then plan to have my setup control the dampers, heat/cool setting on each side, AC and external air damper so the desired temperature can be maintained on each side. This will solve the problem with me playing with the blower speed 20 times during each trip

The blower speed and temperature settings are the easiest to control since they are controlled by 3 4.7K potetiometers. I have ordered 5k Digital potetiometers that can be controlled by I2C communications (which I am already using for everything else). The dampers are a little harder to control. Have starting to make adapters for two servo controllers to fit into the existing adjustments that are controlled by the current ****. All that is left to do is create the bracket that holds them into place.

Once everything is in working order, I plan to add a second touch screen for the climate control. I think I am going to add the heated seats and emergency blinkers into this screen as well so they are easier to access. I was thinking (and I am completely open to suggestions) of keeping the two temperature control ***** on the sides and make they control a temperature range (from say 60-85 degrees). That way, you can turn the original manual **** to set the set point. The touch screen looks big in the picture but it turns out it will fit perfectly in the dash. In this picture, it is out further than it should be because I dint take the original center ***** and buttons off yet.

This is the servo motor with the 3d printed ball adapter that is going to replace the original manual turn ****. There will be two of these next to each other to control the two dampers.

This is the partially assembled ball joint with the servo motor. If you look at the two white ***** on the original climate control, you can see the two controls they will be replacing.

PS. These servo motors are just being used for testing. I have stronger ones in the mail. These are strong enough to move the dampers but they struggle a bit. I would be worried about using these for a long period of time.

Last edited by rbracy10406; 07-06-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?