All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 07-13-2018, 10:45 AM
Received 195 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

had new head liner put in this morning $125.00 looks great.feels great love it.
american auto trim in ft lauderdale fl.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:55 PM
Received 518 Likes on 413 Posts

Roberta & I shared a bottle of wine on our deck drinking from the copper wine glasses we bought at Big Cedar Lodge near Branson, MO during the XFire Ozark Mtns GTG in Eureka Springs, AR the last week of June. Life doesn't get much better than that!

Old 07-13-2018, 08:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Definately a strange event with two Crossfires involved, normally people in McDonalds have no taste what so ever.
3 days a week I have 4 hours to kill, they have free Wi-Fi, and refills on soda. plus they are only a couple blocks from my next stop.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:38 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

As I had these in my Coupe for several years I got another set from Amazon and installed them in my Roadster today
Easy to install on the Roadster too...just lift the bow and rear deck and reach inside to access the sockets.
These are bright RED LED's and are much brighter than the OEM brake/tail light bulbs

Last edited by Valk; 07-14-2018 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:46 AM
Received 139 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Valk
As I had these in my Coupe for several years I got another set from Amazon and installed them in my Roadster today
Easy to install on the Roadster too...just lift the bow and rear deck and reach inside to access the sockets.
These are bright RED LED's and are much brighter than the OEM brake/tail light bulbs

I’m a little confused
Are you parked in a crumbling infrastructure zone or are you trying to give your car a bath? We usually wash ours with a hose, they are easier to control.

Very Nice backdrop
Your car looks great
Happy weekend all

Old 07-15-2018, 02:43 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Valk

I have determined that these LED bulbs do create the "light out indicator" in my Roadster
This didn't occur in my previous Coupe but I'm not gonna remove these LED's because I like them to much

Old 07-15-2018, 03:30 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE
I’m a little confused
Are you parked in a crumbling infrastructure zone or are you trying to give your car a bath? We usually wash ours with a hose, they are easier to control.

Very Nice backdrop
Your car looks great
Happy weekend all
In another post I asked if it was a Hillbilly drive thro’ car wash.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nunyadam
3 days a week I have 4 hours to kill, they have free Wi-Fi, and refills on soda. plus they are only a couple blocks from my next stop.
I think you missed the point of my joke, too deep maybe.
I’ll explain it, the two people with taste in the McDonalds had Crossfire’s and the others did not.
It can also be read that the food is not the best, but we will not go there.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-15-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:09 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Got my new servos in over the weekend so I can finally proceed with the project. So far, I did a rough temporary bracket to space them apart and simplified the keyways that I am going to use. I decided to ditch connecting the servos to the ball jonts and connect them right into the female shafts to save about 20MM of space. I worked out how far each damper can turn and the start and stop angles of the open/close positions so it will make life a little easier in the future.

I also started to trace out the front control panel PCB because I wish to eliminate it to save space. There is not much on it so it should be easy to do. If all goes well, I will be able to interface with the back control baord behind that PCB to make everything function. A second reason I want to do it is to be able to pop the front board back on if something were to ever fail.

The white board in the top left of the picture is the one I wish to eliminate. I plan to make a 18 pin connector I can plug directly into the AC controller (green board to the right of it) to emulate the front board. The three blue boards that are stuck together are the 5K digital potetiometers that will be replacing the temperature controls and fan speed. I know the original pots were 4.7K but 5K should be plenty close enough.

Below are the servo motors connected to the dampers. I was testing them here to ensure they can turn the dampers without any issues. They have plenty of torque to serve their purpose in this project

This is the back of the white interface board in the first picture. I was marking where all of the traces go so it will be easier to make the connector when the time comes. Still have a couple of things to trace but its almost there.

My next step is to complete the programming and then fit everything into one housing I can insert into the original climate control space

Old 07-15-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by rbracy10406
Got my new servos in over the weekend so I can finally proceed with the project. So far, I did a rough temporary bracket to space them apart and simplified the keyways that I am going to use. I decided to ditch connecting the servos to the ball jonts and connect them right into the female shafts to save about 20MM of space. I worked out how far each damper can turn and the start and stop angles of the open/close positions so it will make life a little easier in the future.

I also started to trace out the front control panel PCB because I wish to eliminate it to save space. There is not much on it so it should be easy to do. If all goes well, I will be able to interface with the back control baord behind that PCB to make everything function. A second reason I want to do it is to be able to pop the front board back on if something were to ever fail.

The white board in the top left of the picture is the one I wish to eliminate. I plan to make a 18 pin connector I can plug directly into the AC controller (green board to the right of it) to emulate the front board. The three blue boards that are stuck together are the 5K digital potetiometers that will be replacing the temperature controls and fan speed. I know the original pots were 4.7K but 5K should be plenty close enough.
You have done some very interesting things so why not put them in their own threads and keep all the information together?

Old 07-15-2018, 10:41 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You have done some very interesting things so why not put them in their own threads and keep all the information together?
I tried to start a post a while back documenting my progress on my 10 inch screen install. It said it required approval but was never approved :/

Old 07-16-2018, 09:16 AM

I tried to start a post a while back documenting my progress on my 10 inch screen install. It said it required approval but was never approved :/
If you are a signed up member you can add new threads,maybe you picked a locked forum or you were not officially signed up.
Try again by testing in the forum for tests at the bottom of the main page.
Do not add anything of importance there as it is cleared every week.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wrecked it. I am looking for another one if anyone has one for sale. Let me know!>>

Old 07-16-2018, 09:06 PM
Received 195 Likes on 150 Posts

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...y-up-sale.html

Old 07-17-2018, 11:11 PM

I think you missed the point of my joke, too deep maybe.
I’ll explain it, the two people with taste in the McDonalds had Crossfire’s and the others did not.
It can also be read that the food is not the best, but we will not go there.
I got the joke, obviously he was Deep in thought, and we were both smart enough to show up after lunch when the fries are fresh, and there is actually at least one more person at this McDonalds with good taste.
one of the Employees likes my car.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:27 PM

I would like to see that article myself. (don't have the skills for it, but still like it.)

Old 07-18-2018, 10:52 PM

Yeah, I could have got them cheaper, but I was going there anyway.

I noticed yesterday that my rear turn signal bulbs were shedding the orange coating, so last night I ordered some online from Advance Auto/CARQUEST for store pickup in Farmington
, IL. I live in Springfield, and could have gone to any number (well, actually it would be a finite number.) of places, but I had to deliver parts there anyway.

I walked in dropped off the parts and the owner said he had nothing going back.
I asked if he had my order, he did, but didn't realize it was for me, figuring it was a screw up in the system, but he had it ready.

kind of funny some of the looks I get from farm boys in trucks when I show up with their special order parts in a Crossfire.

so long story short. I replaced my rear turn signal bulbs in a gravel parking lot in a small town of 2400 people.

Last edited by Nunyadam; 07-18-2018 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:39 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I rebuilt the two rear subwoofer speakers on my SRT6 coupe using this kit . . .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-6-5-Butyl...0AAOSwCU1YtyvX

This is the second pair of subwoofers I've rebuilt. It is not difficult and the 13 year old subwoofers work and sound like new again . . . An inexpensive fix for this inevitable problem on all Crossfire subwoffers . . .

Old 07-19-2018, 08:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My Roadster turned over 50,000 miles last week, so after 13 years, I figured it was time to change the supercharger oil. WOW did it stink...looked like vampire blood. now, it’s time to replace gaskets, seals etc on the trans as it is weeping a bit of oil. I just LOVE this car! still.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rmaier
The Tb may not be the issue.......I am in Milliken co and could help you with the issue as I have done that swap for many Colorado xfire owners and they all worked great.
Didn’t see your reply. Good to see other Colorado crossfire owners. I suspect it was the eBay MAF housing at this point. The seal between the elbow and the MAF housing was stuck and I believe that’s where the air was getting in. I’m back to stock, albeit with a polished TB and the car runs well again.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?