All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 11-26-2018, 12:13 PM
JSK
Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

When we got the blue roadster there were scratches on the outer drivers seat bolster. The day we picked it up the previous owners wife was wearing jeans with a lot of bling on the back pockets. Our guess was that was the cause. Finally ordered soap, primer and color from SEM, followed the instructions from the YouTube video and it came out great. Perfect color match, seems to be adhered very well and is really flexible. I admit I had my doubts going in but am quite impressed with the results.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dressed her for the holidays .... and something I have NEVER done, put on a vanity plate. In homage to my cousin, something she used to say.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:05 AM

Hi everyone,
Today I ordered a 12 piece interior trim plastic tool kit since I'm preparing to remove my headliner soon. The fabric is starting to come loose in places. I have watched the videos and read the removal procedures on the forum. Thanks to everyone responsible for making the videos and procedures. I'll probably take the headliner assembly to a trim shop and let the professionals replace the padding and headliner material.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Old 12-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
I've never changed that O-ring either. Didn't know there was even an O-ring up there. Never took the assembly apart. I just replaced the other O-rings, slid a new fleece filter onto the shaft, made sure it was seated properly and re-installed the filter assembly. Always torqued the cap to proper setting. Would be curious to know what risk we're taking by not changing the #4 O-ring. Does the shaft just pull out of the cap?
I have always wondered how this comes apart myself, I have pulled and twisted to no avail. I never applied too much force as I did not want to break it.
Does anyone know how it is done ?

Old 12-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Default Rear suspension

Replaced all of the control arms in the rear of 05 xfire

Old 12-16-2018, 06:58 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Finally re-tackled the FOB case swap. Ordered a case from an amazon seller months ago (with the trans dipstick). Tried when I received it BUT just could not get the case apart. The black glue was everywhere, and it just did not want to come apart. Reason I wanted to swap the case was that pesky red panic button overlay was falling apart (more on this later). So, with all the FOB posts lately, I decided to do it no matter what. Started tearing into it (literally), and after a couple minutes just reached the point of no return. I had to cut it away piece by piece, the picture shows the end result of the old case. After getting the board, chip, and the piece holding the chip in, I started reassembly in the new case. Got it all together, and the dang panic button would not 'click'. Lookiing at the way the old piece of panic button came out of the old case, I stuck a toothpick from the back and pushed it off the case top. Trimmed the "X" button shaft, reassembled again, and it worked great. Synced the FOB back to the car, tested all buttons (including the panic), and it is 100% new again. Now, I said I would get back to that panic button overlay, the new FOB overlay looks just like the old one, I wonder if just swapping out that little red overlay would be all I would have had to do. Would have saved me a whole helluva lot of sweat and cutting away, fearing board damage. That question may be answered on the next FOB case try (the other one also is having that overlay peeling away). All back to both keys working, and I didn't have to pay anyone to 'program' the FOB... LOL

Old 12-16-2018, 07:34 PM

Washed and vacuumed it

Old 12-16-2018, 09:58 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts

I went over to the Car Condo and checked the battery tender to see that it was green
Hung out with my friends for awhile an had some Pizza

https://www.irongatemotorcondos.com/garages/

Last edited by Valk; 12-16-2018 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:39 AM

Well at least your Crossfire is in great Company, with all those other great Mopars.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:44 AM
Talking Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Finally re-tackled the FOB case swap. Ordered a case from an amazon seller months ago (with the trans dipstick). Tried when I received it BUT just could not get the case apart. The black glue was everywhere, and it just did not want to come apart. Reason I wanted to swap the case was that pesky red panic button overlay was falling apart (more on this later). So, with all the FOB posts lately, I decided to do it no matter what. Started tearing into it (literally), and after a couple minutes just reached the point of no return. I had to cut it away piece by piece, the picture shows the end result of the old case. After getting the board, chip, and the piece holding the chip in, I started reassembly in the new case. Got it all together, and the dang panic button would not 'click'. Lookiing at the way the old piece of panic button came out of the old case, I stuck a toothpick from the back and pushed it off the case top. Trimmed the "X" button shaft, reassembled again, and it worked great. Synced the FOB back to the car, tested all buttons (including the panic), and it is 100% new again. Now, I said I would get back to that panic button overlay, the new FOB overlay looks just like the old one, I wonder if just swapping out that little red overlay would be all I would have had to do. Would have saved me a whole helluva lot of sweat and cutting away, fearing board damage. That question may be answered on the next FOB case try (the other one also is having that overlay peeling away). All back to both keys working, and I didn't have to pay anyone to 'program' the FOB... LOL
Nice work, any young kids could have done that?

Last edited by Valk; 12-17-2018 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Fixed the "quote field"
Old 12-17-2018, 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=djohn14296;916394]
Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost

If I ever need a FOB taken apart, remind me not to send it to you. Good job and glad you got the other one working AOK. Damn site will not let me post the 1st sentence, says it isn't long enough.

Nice work, any young kids could have done that?
The reason the post is not long enough is because you posted in the body of GGs post, you have to add your comment outside his last QUOTE.
It is like you added nothing at all in the comment.

GG, I thought I had enough trouble taking mine apart. CLICK

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-29-2018 at 03:17 PM. Reason: silly spellllling.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:48 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

[QUOTE=onehundred80;916398]
Originally Posted by djohn14296
The reason the post is not long enough is because you posted in the body of GGs post, you have to add your comment outside his last QUOTE.
It is like you added nothing at all in the comment.

GG, I thought I had enough trouble tacking mine apart. CLICK
Dave, that slot completely around the case was full of that black glue. It was even partially in where the key folds. That area had it looking like a seam, it bulging out so much. That is where I first started trying to scrape it off before the 'destruction'. Glad it worked out, did not want to order a key given the current price.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:58 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Got up to mid-60's here today! So I took the time to uncover the 2007 coupe and gave her a quick "glossing" all over. Looked over the inside & decided not to vacuum the interior - not really any indication it needed to be done. Grabbed a beer, sat down in one of our adirondack chairs in front of the garage and admired the coupe. Supposed to be nice again tomorrow - probably will take the coupe out for a spin.

Old 12-22-2018, 01:09 PM
Cool Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Hi All,
So, now that I'm retired I had some time to replace the old headlights, get top hydro cylinders rebuilt by Klaus, replace my broken ashtray and cup holder and replace the vacuum actuator for the fresh air vent. That actuator was way fun, but you can do it by removing the glove box assembly. Actuators are still available from Mercedes. Make sure you put the actuator arm onto the little pin for the vent door before you rotate the actuator into its seat. Small hands are great for this task. I was not able to set the actuator arm onto the pin after the actuator is in the seat, as my hands were too large to reach around the body of the actuator.
Headlights were frustrating. I couldn't get them to adjust up enough. Discovered that the adjustment screws were not seated in their sockets inside the headlight housing. Go figure!
Once I screwed them in further they popped into their sockets and now I have full adjustability. That should have been done at the factory in Romania.
Also discovered you can get to the outside bottom headlight mounting screws easily by popping out the little side lights.
The crancase venting air pump is making screaching noises. Need to replace soon.
I have almost 100,000 miles now.

Also, I have permanently solved the leaking valve cover problem and that information is availble in the forum from a few years back.

Old 12-22-2018, 04:24 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Finally stopped raining here late last night. So early this morning, I got the Coupe out & wiped it down. Then I took it over to the Coffee & Cars event at the Michelin HQ facility. Event is held there every month on the 4th Saturday from 0800-1100. Ended up being the only Crossfire to attend and, as a result, got a few inquisitive onlookers that were not familiar with the Marque. Overall not many cars showed up - maybe a 100+. Good weather will bring out 300-400 car enthusiasts. As always, lots of Vettes, Mustangs, MOPAR, and Subarus. Featured marque this month was Korean origin - not many showed up. A few Genesis Coupes - maybe half a dozen. There was one gorgeous 1967 Chevy Malibu Super Sport with the 427 High Performance block & 4-speed on the floor (Hurst shifter).

Old 12-29-2018, 02:07 PM

Finally done the CPS on the SRT6, not as bad as I thought, just wish my hands were smaller.
Oil change tomorrow.

Old 12-29-2018, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by pop49
Finally done the CPS on the SRT6, not as bad as I thought, just wish my hands were smaller.
Oil change tomorrow.
If it was not broken why fix it, I hope it was a Bosch part or you will be replacing it again in the near future.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:39 PM

kept cutting out when hot and got the code as well. always bosch.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:42 PM

Bought a dent puller from Harbor Freight an removing the unsightly door dings 😀

Old 12-30-2018, 04:27 PM
Received 133 Likes on 111 Posts

Let us know how it good it is at getting out the dings

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?