All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 08-02-2018, 08:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Finally got mine out ! Put the other toys away now time to enjoy the crossfire . Washed & waxed , checked all the fluids , aired up the tires & away I go . Only to have the Bas / ESP light to come on !!! Really you just been sitting in the garage , now what ?

Old 08-02-2018, 08:42 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney
Finally got mine out ! Put the other toys away now time to enjoy the crossfire . Washed & waxed , checked all the fluids , aired up the tires & away I go . Only to have the Bas / ESP light to come on !!! Really you just been sitting in the garage , now what ?
Did you disconnect the battery at any point? If so a steering reset of lock to lock should cure it.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by just grumpy
I've owned my Crossfire for only 24 hours. It has been raining ever since. Oh well, cant get plates until tomorrow anyway plus it has given me the chance to read through the manual and get acquainted with what this car is all about. I did spend about an hour out in the garage starting the process of getting this car cleaned up. There is 12 years worth of grime, grease and oil all over the engine bay to deal with. Still researching what to use on the interior leather. I read today about mixing Woolite and water to clean the leather. Any thoughts on that?
Oh I did do one very important thing. I got the exhaust tips cleaned up. Still need to get a good wax on them but they look 100 times better already.

what did you use to clean the exhaust tips? Mine need to get detailed badly

Old 08-04-2018, 10:45 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by kninep
Picked up our new baby. A quick 320 kilometre drive home. Looks like it just came out of the showroom. Except for where they have painted black to cover the pink contrast's of a previous owner.

The Limited wheels really look good on a black SRT6. Enjoy.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:28 AM

Did the steering wheel reset , but light came right back on , as soon as I touched brake pedal !

Old 08-05-2018, 04:21 PM

I Replaced my Center Bearing Hanger this weekend. I did not replace the bearing, only the rubber hanger.

I wrote up Center Bearing Hanger replacement instructions and posted them

Old 08-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
Actually the following work was done yesterday and this morning. I removed the wiper arms and plastic cowl, cleaned out the drains, enlarged the hole for the missing wiper isolator on the driver's side, installed the missing isolator, lubricated the wiper mechanism, checked out the alarm but found that the circuit board was fried, taped up the connector to the alarm and did not re-install the alarm, re-installed remaining parts and replaced one of the "S" letters on the rear panel of the car. Since it is a nice day, time to drive the Crossfire.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:49 AM

windscreen body drains on the coupe, drivers side totally blocked so had to remove the inner and wash tank to clean from the bottom. so much crap in there. im doing the roadster tomorrow. thanks for the pictures, makes life so much easier.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:09 PM

Over the last couple of days. Replaced my Windshield washer pump which hadn't failed completely but seemed really weak, especially when cold. The new one seems to be much quicker to respond and stronger in flow. Hopefully this helps in cold weather also.
Also replaced my overhead lights. I had installed LEDs about a year ago and liked the look. I thought the mounting sockets might have developed a poor connection since they were not seating very well but I had glued the retainer and that worked well at the time. It turned out that my previous work held, the LED bulbs themselves were failing. I put new ones in and it works well now.
Today I finally hooked up my Homelink compatibility bridge in the garage so that I can use the Homelink buttons for my smart garage door openers. I had some problems with this on my first attempt and had pushed this task to the side but I finally got it to work. Since I have two garage doors I can now control each one of them using the Homelink.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:14 PM

Took the crossfire in today had the brake fluid flushed , brakes bled & calipers checked , all good now ! Brake pedal back up to where it should be & no more bas/esp light ! Found a place that specializes in German cars ! ��

Old 08-14-2018, 02:07 PM

Well after having the brakes fixed , decided to take a spin . Our cars are still a magnet for the popo ! County mounty was behind me in construction zone both of us going the posted limit of 45 . He gets in turn lane at stop light , I’m thinking good bye , nope he does a u turn & is behind me again in his unmarked Ford explorer. I guess he thinks I will speed up now ! Nope now I’m going 5 under at 40 ! So he does the same thing at next light gets in turn lane at the light then make another u turn & behind me by 4 cars now ! I had enough going home ! LOL

Old 08-14-2018, 02:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I put new brakes and rotors on both front and back over the weekend then took it over and had all new tires mounted today. Ride is so much smoother now. The old tires were really worn down and unevenly. It is a real treat to drive now.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:43 AM

Yes last year put new boots on , made such a nice difference, great ride Now !

Last edited by Ed Mahoney; 08-15-2018 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:42 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

On the hunt for a pass rear rubber lift mount.

Been meaning to do a more detailed cleaning after buying this low mile SRT6 on 7/27/18. Yesterday pulled all 4 wheels off (fronts first, then the rears). Did a deep cleaning of inner fenders and suspension pieces as well as the backside of all 4 wheels. I'm sure I removed 13 years of crud. Surprisingly, just some surface rust on the major frame and suspension bolts. Wire brushed 'em and applied some dielectric grease to slow that down. Wheels seem to pop a little more. Pics follow. Enjoy!

Last edited by CROSSFIRERUSH; 08-15-2018 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-15-2018, 06:46 PM

Last week I replaced the windshield trim with pieces off a salvage. The new ones are the same body color as mine and look really nice.

But this week - I took it for a drive! I ran it from home (bottom of Texas) to the North-side of Dallas (8 hours each way). I was amazed at how well a 13 year old car with 125K miles just ate up the road. I've had fun cars before, but I think this one is my favorite so far.

And - 29.9 mpg at speeds between 75 and 85 mph.

Do I have to give this car to my daughter? Do I?

Old 08-15-2018, 06:49 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by HanksDad
Last week I replaced the windshield trim with pieces off a salvage. The new ones are the same body color as mine and look really nice.

But this week - I took it for a drive! I ran it from home (bottom of Texas) to the North-side of Dallas (8 hours each way). I was amazed at how well a 13 year old car with 125K miles just ate up the road. I've had fun cars before, but I think this one is my favorite so far.

And - 29.9 mpg at speeds between 75 and 85 mph.

Do I have to give this car to my daughter? Do I?
Make sure that they are on securely, that top peice is rare as many have been lost and ruined on the road.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:01 PM

The top piece is what I was missing. It feels secure. I used fresh 3M tape on the clips. I did see them on-line in chrome at around $299. I hope mine stay on. Thanks.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:15 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

The top piece is what I was missing. It feels secure. I used fresh 3M tape on the clips. I did see them on-line in chrome at around $299. I hope mine stay on. Thanks.
I believe those are overlays you are seeing.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:03 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had 3M Automotive trim tape on mine originally as well. The tape didn't hold and a couple of months later, it blew off on the turnpike going 75mph
You may be better off with some kind of two part epoxy or Marine Tex

Old 08-18-2018, 10:06 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Drove it 100 miles round trip to the beach to check out a Jet Ski I ended up buying. On the way down,I finally broke 200K on the odometer. I was hoping to stop and take a picture at 200000 but missed it

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?