All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 02-11-2018, 09:23 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by gragonese
Have you had a chance to check out The company QT for digital gauge cluster> https://www.qt.io/.....I came across these while looking some things up and they seem promising
Sorry for the late response. I have looked into them before but I couldn't get enough info to get me enough confidence to go in that direction. From what I could tell, they are focused more towards the automotive industry and not towards end users.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:38 PM

Today I released a minor update to my touch screen software allowing it to finally control the led lights installed. It is still basic and will become better as time goes on. I have made decent progress on my LCD gauge cluster as well. I am currently in the phase of designing and 3d printing parts for it to mount properly. I have decided to place the controller closer to the fuse box instead of behind the cluster in case I have to pull it back out and/or get physical access to it to do an update/repair. I dont want to pull the dash apart more than I have to.

PS. Does anyone know where to get the white plastic tabs that hold the trim on in the trunk? I have broken a couple :P

Old 02-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very cool rbracy10406

Old 02-23-2018, 05:27 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

I drove it the 10.1 miles to work and carelessly put miles on it. (First time since March 20, 2017...)

Old 02-23-2018, 06:49 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Uncovered the 2007 Coupe & cleaned up the exterior with a Glossy Wipe as prep for going over to the Coffee & Cars event at Michelin HQ Bldg tomorrow, 0800 - 1100. Hope the weather holds up.

Old 02-24-2018, 02:15 PM

Took my two rear tires/rims off and dropped them off at the local ship to get two fresh tires since my old ones were borderline bald again. Decided to keep the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires. I was very happy with how quiet the last pair were up until the point to where there was not any tread left.

While the tires were off, I decided to take the rear bumper off and install a blind spot and a backup system. I always end up parking with too much room in the back when I switch to the crossfire because I am used to having to leave more room in my Ford Ranger and Audi S4. Pictures below of how it turned out

Do you see the sensors in the picture above? No? Good

I wanted to keep the outside as clean looking as possible so I found two under the bumper systems that use radar instead of the laser/ultrasonic ones that you have to drill into the bumper for.

The two sensors you see in the middle of this picture are for backing up only. They work through the plastic bumper and the system has an audio beep for how close you get. There is an led strip as well but I left it disconnected as the audio was more than loud enough over my music. All I had to do for mounting for these two is cut out two rectangles in the foam behind the bumper. They slid into their new homes and were held in place perfectly by the back plastic piece that goes over the foam to hold it in.

The above picture is one of two sensor that is mounted at a 30 degree angle on the inside of the bumper. This is for the blind pot system and also aids in reverse. As a car is pulling up and enters the blind spot, there is a LED on the pillar that lights up. If I turn my blinker on while there is a car in that blind spot, the LED flashes and the systems beeps. If I am reversing and an object starts to move towards the back end of the car (like if im pulling out of a parking spot and a car is driving by where I cannot see it), the proper LED for the side the car is approaching on will flash and the system will beep.

I did not bother showing pictures of the LED's on the pillars because I do not like the way they look and they are temporary until I make something that looks better.

The wiring was very easy. I was able to connect most of the wiring to the rear reverse lights and turn signals. The only wires I had to run to the front of the car were for the LED's and for the accessory. I connected the accessory wire to my relay board I have so i can integrate it into the touch screen in a future software update. This will be in case I want to disable it for any reason. I try to build everything into software that I can so I do not have any aftermarket buttons around the car. What I do need buttons for, I have had success with adding capactive sensors as you have probably seen in one of my previous posts so they are invisible.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

swapped seats left to right,, i changed my passenger seat with my drivers seat ,,now i have a brand new drivers seat and the little bit of ware that was on the outside of the drivers seat is now on the inside side of the passenger where it will NEVER get any ware again. want yours done, pm me jim

Attached Files
File Type: mov
seat exchange (31)V.MOV (3.14 MB, 108 views)
Old 02-27-2018, 02:37 PM

FSS gave me a warning last week that the 2007 Coupe was due for an oil change in 14 days (looked up my records and it nailed it!). So with today being a beautiful day, I changed the oil & installed a new filter element. Tightened everything up to proper specs, started the car, and checked for any leaks. All is well and just finished buttoning-up everything. Now to reset that PITA FSS!!!!

Update: Took me 6 attempts to get the FSS reset. And the trip ODO ended up getting re-zeroed in the process. Like I said, PITA!!!!!

Later,

Last edited by dedwards0323; 02-27-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:17 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by rbracy10406
Took my two rear tires/rims off and dropped them off at the local ship to get two fresh tires since my old ones were borderline bald again. Decided to keep the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires. I was very happy with how quiet the last pair were up until the point to where there was not any tread left.

While the tires were off, I decided to take the rear bumper off and install a blind spot and a backup system. I always end up parking with too much room in the back when I switch to the crossfire because I am used to having to leave more room in my Ford Ranger and Audi S4. Pictures below of how it turned out

Do you see the sensors in the picture above? No? Good

I wanted to keep the outside as clean looking as possible so I found two under the bumper systems that use radar instead of the laser/ultrasonic ones that you have to drill into the bumper for.

The two sensors you see in the middle of this picture are for backing up only. They work through the plastic bumper and the system has an audio beep for how close you get. There is an led strip as well but I left it disconnected as the audio was more than loud enough over my music. All I had to do for mounting for these two is cut out two rectangles in the foam behind the bumper. They slid into their new homes and were held in place perfectly by the back plastic piece that goes over the foam to hold it in.

The above picture is one of two sensor that is mounted at a 30 degree angle on the inside of the bumper. This is for the blind pot system and also aids in reverse. As a car is pulling up and enters the blind spot, there is a LED on the pillar that lights up. If I turn my blinker on while there is a car in that blind spot, the LED flashes and the systems beeps. If I am reversing and an object starts to move towards the back end of the car (like if im pulling out of a parking spot and a car is driving by where I cannot see it), the proper LED for the side the car is approaching on will flash and the system will beep.

I did not bother showing pictures of the LED's on the pillars because I do not like the way they look and they are temporary until I make something that looks better.

The wiring was very easy. I was able to connect most of the wiring to the rear reverse lights and turn signals. The only wires I had to run to the front of the car were for the LED's and for the accessory. I connected the accessory wire to my relay board I have so i can integrate it into the touch screen in a future software update. This will be in case I want to disable it for any reason. I try to build everything into software that I can so I do not have any aftermarket buttons around the car. What I do need buttons for, I have had success with adding capactive sensors as you have probably seen in one of my previous posts so they are invisible.
Really nice but what system is it please.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:40 PM
Forum Regular

I reattached the front grill to the front bumper cover after my son's fiancée backed into me and cracked my bumper cover (sniff).

Old 02-28-2018, 12:07 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the master cylinder replaced and the brake fluid flushed.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:29 PM

Broke the little coolant return line on the reservoir.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:08 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by sdmccoy
This is how to fix it cheaply and stronger than original. CLICK
In the last photo the coolant is too high.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:40 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Happened on the wife's car.. about 3/8" from the tank. Decided with that brass insert I was going to try a 5 min epoxy and give it 24 hours to cure out. That was about a year ago and with the clamp slide all the way to the tank ( put the cracked area about center of the clamp zone) We haven't had an issue again.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:54 PM

I ordered the tank from Advanced Auto before I saw that fix. I like the fix better than the flimsy plastic thing on the tank. I'm going to pull the reservoir and if no other issues do the fix and return the new tank. Thanks for the help. New to here and a new xfire owner. Learned a lot already. Have a oil leak a mechanic said was coming from the valve covers but I suspect it is from the small breather covers. Will try to fix those myself too. I used to do a lot of stuff on my old 60 and 70 model cars but the new ones are just too crowded. Thanks.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:33 AM

Have a oil leak a mechanic said was coming from the valve covers but I suspect it is from the small breather covers. Will try to fix those myself too.
Valve covers have leaked on several owner cars and there are gaskets for those if that's where the leak is coming from. But most likely, the crankcase breather covers mounted on top of each valve cover is the source of the leak. Just make sure you get the breather covers & mating surface of the valve covers really cleaned of old RTV sealant. Then take extra precaution bolting breather covers on valve covers. Small aluminum screws are a 1x use. Throw the old ones away & replace with new ones.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Valve covers have leaked on several owner cars and there are gaskets for those if that's where the leak is coming from. But most likely, the crankcase breather covers mounted on top of each valve cover is the source of the leak. Just make sure you get the breather covers & mating surface of the valve covers really cleaned of old RTV sealant. Then take extra precaution bolting breather covers on valve covers. Small aluminum screws are a 1x use. Throw the old ones away & replace with new ones.
Thanks for the input. I’ll get new one right away.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts

I did some final preparations to have it ready for a new owner
I have had it for 11 years and now It is FOR SALE
I bought a Crossfire Roadster 😎

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t=77806&page=1

Old 03-05-2018, 11:38 PM

Fixed the coolant reservoir with the brass fitting. Was hard to get the reservoir out till I WD-40'd the grommet then it came right off. It looks nice with that brass fitting in it. Can't wait to take the one that is shipping to Advance Auto since their sign up and get 25% off didn't apply to the reservoir. Thanks 180.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:11 AM

Took the Crossfire to a local car show on Saturday, 03/10. Show proceeds were to benefit & support abused children - Good cause. South Carolina Camaro Club co-hosted the show at a local eatery. Naturally, lots of 4th, 5th & 6th Gen Camaros attended. But lots of 60s & 70s muscle cars, and quite a few late model performance cars. We got quite a few inquiries on the Crossfire, which is kind of typical at these local car shows around here. Anyway, we had a nice day for it and I always enjoy being around fellow car enthusiasts.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?