All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 05-27-2020, 08:57 AM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I'M BAAAAAAAAACK!!! Got the 1 replacement pin bushing today, opened it up carefully and went out and soldered the three new pin bushings into the 'B' connector at 2, 4, & 5. Reassembled the connector, but before I plugged it in and rode off into the sunset, I opened/inspected with a big mag glass, the rest of the small and large pin bushings in the 5 connectors of the RCM (BTW, they are officially called by MB, Pin Bushings!). After triple checking all parts and that they were back in their normal places, (and holding my breath), I cranked it over and it started right up. THEN STALLED, then started right back up again (I was ready for that, being off the battery for a while wiped the computers). So, for $18.12 and quite a lot of time, sweat, beer, worry, more beer, and a few curses followed by more beer I am BACK!

As promised, the MB part number for the LARGE pin bushings in the connectors of the RCM, is ( 003 545 26 26 ).

A follow-up to a past post! After I received the replacement NEW pin bushing today, I closely, VERY closely, inspected the assembly of it. YES, assembly of it. The crimp near the top at the point where the solder traps the wire, has a 'sealing disk' (my words) crimped into (inside) the pin bushing at that 'bulge'. This DISK caps the top of the pin of the RCM, and most likely keeps any solder (during assembly) from flowing down the 'sleeve', making it a non-issue of preventing the pin from being stopped when plugging in the connector. It also 'cups' the liquid solder allowing it to 'fill' that top portion while the wire is attached/soldered. Seeing this, it makes sense that improper assembly of the three pin bushings in that one connector in the harness jig (when manufactured), is what caused the three to fail on my car PERIOD.

IF it happened to mine, it MIGHT happen again to someone else (or has already happened) and cost a whole lot to remedy (selling the car, huge repair bill, etc, etc).

Backed out of Garage after the complete repair!

glad you got it fixed,,,, if mine happens to mine I will bring it up to you ,,,and let the expert fix it. in fact i will be in Blairsville Ga soon we go to a lot of waterfalls ,, maybe there is one or more near you, and we can meet up for lunch , we hope to go up in July and come back in November jim

Last edited by amx1397; 05-27-2020 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:09 PM
Received 380 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
glad you got it fixed,,,, if mine happens to mine I will bring it up to you ,,,and let the expert fix it. in fact i will be in Blairsville Ga soon we go to a lot of waterfalls ,, maybe there is one or more near you, and we can meet up for lunch , we hope to go up in July and come back in November jim

Jim. you got a msg! Love the idea let me know!

Old 06-05-2020, 12:55 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Today i replaced my stock muffler with a flowmaster 44 series. Love the sound but my wife thinks it to loud in the car.

Old 06-05-2020, 01:06 PM
Received 380 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by bc75
...Love the sound but my wife thinks it to loud in the car.

Oh oh..... Might be time to take her shopping! While going to the store, see if she wants to drive the XF. Knowing she has your CC, it might be enough to give her the time of her life driving the car knowing the bill on your card will be HUGE. I might suggest, she'll run the RPM's up a few thou racing to the store? LOL...

Old 06-05-2020, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the NeedsWings DCAI today. This pic was just after i washed it. I had spilled some ps fluid during the conversion.
I love the sound of the intakes when kicking it. makes me

Old 06-06-2020, 04:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a nightmare... Changing the power steering pump. There is a f*cking screw in the back of the pump, next to the air con compressor output. Also exhaust manifold doesn´t help...
Need to use 2x 3/8 socket extension bar and E12 mm and loose it from the engine mount.
Yes, i should clean the engine bay...

Old 06-06-2020, 12:23 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 461 Likes on 324 Posts

Gave mine the
<u><i>303 Fabric Guard</i></u> 303 Fabric Guard
treatment
One of the most widely used products by all Roadster owners here to maintain there tops

Old 06-06-2020, 02:57 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Amazing prep work! But final result looks awesome!!

Old 06-06-2020, 07:19 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

I am going to put the OEM intake back on to my SRT, it has had the NeedsWings single intake on it since I got it in 2011.

I took apart the OEM intake to make sure that all the seeds some little critter had stashed there were all gone. The seeds came from Florida.

I cleaned it all up, now to find the ambition to put it on.

This is a make work project, the NWs intake will go back on sometime.

I have not put the car back on the road yet.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:24 AM
Forum Regular
Received 132 Likes on 104 Posts

I rigged-up a new condensation drainage system on my garage A/C unit because it was a drag having to constantly go empty the "water collection" bucket. The pictures tell the story. I routed the drainage tube into the hot-air 'exhaust' pipe, which simply evaporates the water and ducts it outside. Totally automated!!!

Old 06-08-2020, 07:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WD40
I rigged-up a new condensation drainage system on my garage A/C unit because it was a drag having to constantly go empty the "water collection" bucket. The pictures tell the story. I routed the drainage tube into the hot-air 'exhaust' pipe, which simply evaporates the water and ducts it outside. Totally automated!!!

so you done this to your crossfire today ?

Old 06-08-2020, 07:21 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Moore2575
so you done this to your crossfire today ?
No. Yours.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Like a worthy pilot , you will have to remember to do a good preflight before take off (disconnect all stationary objects :-)

Old 06-08-2020, 02:20 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

How do you get it to go uphill? Does it evaporate as fast as it accumulates?

Old 06-08-2020, 02:27 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ZERACER
How do you get it to go uphill? Does it evaporate as fast as it accumulates?
No. Not when it's super-humid out like right now with the rain from the tropical storm. But I don't have to check it for a whole day (24 hours) now, which beats the Hell out of it overflowing every 5 or 6 hours! So now I just slide the hose off the A/C unit and raise that end up, which dumps the water out the opening through the garage door. I used to have to unlock all 3 locks on the garage door (the 'normal' house door in between the 2 garage doors) and dump the HEAVY bucket of water outside.

I had hoped it would evaporate it all. But I'll accept this great improvement as I'm no longer always worried that I need to go down and empty the bucket.

Last edited by WD40; 06-08-2020 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

If you elevated the unit high enough & attached a flexible small diameter (similar to a coiled air hose) always draining down except when door is open) , seems like you wouldn't have to detach it to open the door . Of course there should also be a simple way to rig a weight actuated pivoting spout unattached to the door, to dump into the door exit & then pivot back towards the unit . You know , like the old steam locomotive watering stations .
Outer door exit would have to be screened .
I love these mind challenges , but that's what I did for a living !

Last edited by twanger; 06-08-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:12 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

I wouls just be worried it might back up and damage the AC unit.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:20 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ZERACER
I wouls just be worried it might back up and damage the AC unit.
The exhaust hose's highest point is where it exits the A/C unit. The exit through the garage door is MUCH lower.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

~On the newest addition, the Aero Blue - moved the seats all the way forward hoping to find a second FOB, to no avail. Vacuumed and cleaned it. The seats hadn't been that far forward since the day they were put in. Saw evidence of the coffee spill that will need to be shampoed. Beginning the disassembly of the center console for the replacement Shifter Module that will be here tomorrow.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

~ (Aero-Blue car) Set up a tarp to work under, Began disassembly of the center console to replace the shift selector module.(top-down). Scrambled to beat the rain to reassemble partially to connect the window switches and top control switch ...I made it. Ordered a new side mirror switch...figured while I was in there, and since it was broken as well...must have happened when it drank the coffee down the shifter. Previous owner did not know NOT to use the cupholder. ....found a drain tube under the cupholder ..won't be needing that...Peace

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?