Cigar lighter - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Cigar lighter

Reply

 
 
 
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2018, 06:18 PM
Billto's Avatar
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Weymouth, MA
Age: 80
Posts: 317
Default Cigar lighter

Hello all,
I have a VERY small problem. My cigar lighter is loose in the dash. Do I have to take the console apart to tighten it? I plug a blue tooth device in it and being loose is annoying.
Bill T.
 
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2018, 06:38 PM
onehundred80's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Age: 78
Posts: 20,594
Default Re: Cigar lighter

Originally Posted by Billto View Post
Hello all,
I have a VERY small problem. My cigar lighter is loose in the dash. Do I have to take the console apart to tighten it? I plug a blue tooth device in it and being loose is annoying.
Bill T.
Yes take it apart and it is a pain in the farce, you have to take out the radio, radio face plate, loosen the screws in the lighter face plate and remove it which is easier said than done. The lighter is held down by a ring which snaps under two snaps on the lighter body. I have one on the bench so I can see the arrangement.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2018, 09:55 PM
Billto's Avatar
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Weymouth, MA
Age: 80
Posts: 317
Default Re: Cigar lighter

Originally Posted by onehundred80 View Post
Yes take it apart and it is a pain in the farce, you have to take out the radio, radio face plate, loosen the screws in the lighter face plate and remove it which is easier said than done. The lighter is held down by a ring which snaps under two snaps on the lighter body. I have one on the bench so I can see the arrangement.
Thank you for the response. I think I will pass. It is annoying but with that amount of work I can live with it.
Bill T.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2018, 09:06 AM
onehundred80's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Age: 78
Posts: 20,594
Default Re: Cigar lighter

Originally Posted by Billto View Post
Thank you for the response. I think I will pass. It is annoying but with that amount of work I can live with it.
Bill T.
If you live with it that is the smart thing to do.
 
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:21 AM
Billto's Avatar
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Weymouth, MA
Age: 80
Posts: 317
Default Re: Cigar lighter

Originally Posted by onehundred80 View Post
If you live with it that is the smart thing to do.
Thats my plan Dave. I don't need the hassle at my age.
Bill T.
 
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:25 AM
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 190
Default Re: Cigar lighter

Suggest you put a drop of Super Glue on it. Use the Gel type so it doesn't run.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Billto's Avatar
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Weymouth, MA
Age: 80
Posts: 317
Default Re: Cigar lighter

Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Suggest you put a drop of Super Glue on it. Use the Gel type so it doesn't run.
Thank you, I may just try that. Can't hurt if I am careful.
Bill T.
 
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2018, 10:20 PM
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Springfield, il
Age: 55
Posts: 139
Default Re: Cigar lighter

Gorilla Glue Clear.
read the directions.
MOISTEN the surfaces!
water activated glue.
 

Last edited by Nunyadam; 07-21-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2018, 10:24 PM
Billto's Avatar
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Weymouth, MA
Age: 80
Posts: 317
Default Re: Cigar lighter

Originally Posted by Nunyadam View Post
Gorilla Glue Clear.
read the directions.
MOISTEN the surfaces!
water activated glue.
I tried the super glue route and it worked. But, thanks for your input.
Bill T.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Hopie025
Interior
11
02-04-2014 03:49 PM
slarsen2
Troubleshooting & Technical & Modifications
8
01-31-2011 07:02 AM
bluecoupe
Parts/Accessories for sale
6
01-07-2011 08:41 PM
badseed1
Troubleshooting & Technical & Modifications
5
08-29-2009 03:40 PM
dobro
Crossfire Coupe
3
05-19-2006 04:12 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Quick Reply: Cigar lighter


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.