Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

HIDs installed

Old 03-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIDs installed

Finally got my HIDs and yellow fog lights installed. What do you guys think?

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

Old 03-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Default Re: HIDs installed

Looks nice, I was thinking of doing something similar with mine. How much did they run you?

Old 03-19-2012, 05:54 PM

That color looks beautiful! Could you post a link of where you bought the hid's for the headlights from, but not just the general website, but the actual link to that hid kit? Thanks alot!

Old 03-19-2012, 09:43 PM

Oh nice! I want to get some HIDs and angel eyes installed. Was it easy to install the ballasts? Where did you install them?

Old 03-20-2012, 12:41 PM

Looks very nice! Yeah, if you could post the link for the HID kit, that'd be awesome! What temp are the bulbs?

Old 03-21-2012, 05:39 AM

Thanks guys. The temp is 10000k.
Here is the link to where I got them:
Amazon.com: Xentec HID Conversion Kit H7 10000k Single Beam Xenon (Sky Blue): Automotive

and the yellow fog light bulbs are here:
9006 HB4 55W x2 pcs Low Beam Fog Light Xenon HID Replacement Yellow Bulbs Iu8 | eBay

The HID kit is cheap, but is actually better quility than I expected. The install instructions with this kit however are garbage. I don't know where they got the instructions they sent with mine, but it showed three wires coming from the ballist for power in the wiring diagram, but there were only two wires. Had to just improvise on the install from experience.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:54 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Just bought some on ebay last night..Xentec slim digital ballast- been thinking about it for a while and decided it was time to pull the trigger. Got the 6000K 's - $32.52 shipped. Care to share your wireing experience in a little more detail?

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Old 03-23-2012, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Just bought some on ebay last night..Xentec slim digital ballast- been thinking about it for a while and decided it was time to pull the trigger. Got the 6000K 's - $32.52 shipped. Care to share your wireing experience in a little more detail?
The wiring diagram that they sent me showed 3 wires running from the ballast to the fuse box. They ballast actually only had 2 wires running from it, so what I did was take the male F-Disconnects that were wired to the 9006 plug that runs into the ballast, and inserted those into the stock bulb connector. The disconnects just happened to be exactly the same size the bulb connections, so it fit perfectly. I made sure to wrap the entire connection up with electrical tape and then slid it back into the headlight assembly to keep it as dry as possible. I've driven over 200 miles in the car now, with the lights on the entire time, and have not ran into any problems with the setup so far. I have been keeping a very close eye on it though, just to make sure it doesn't burn something up.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Forum Regular

Looks really nice

Old 03-27-2012, 11:14 PM

Well got my HID kit in, and according to the vendor - the "new design" doesn't have a rubber grommet on the bulb wire. Just wondering if yours came with them? I'll just have to improvise on this I guess..

Old 03-28-2012, 12:31 AM

Well got my HID kit in, and according to the vendor - the "new design" doesn't have a rubber grommet on the bulb wire. Just wondering if yours came with them? I'll just have to improvise on this I guess..
let us know how the install goes

Old 04-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Banned

Same vendor I ordered from and received my (5000K) kit without grommets as well....hmmm....

Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 PM

According to the vendor .. that's the new style.. sux in my books personally. I suggested in emails he update his picture to reflect what you are actually getting. But he is more than happy to work with you if your not satisfied (refund).
I ended up cutting the hole in back of the OEM cap around 1/2" dia. so the bulb plug ends could fit and took some dense, thick, foam rubber and slit each side running them towards the middle for the wires to slide into, then stuffed that into the 1/2" hole. (about a 5/8 dia. foam rubber plug)
Made two small holes below the 1/2" hole for the power lead wires. Go slightly under your wire diameter and with some good ole spit.. lol.. the spades will pass through. Actually managed to get the passenger side without removing anything extra.. practice on the drivers side was well worth it before getting to it. And if you haven't caught it in the threads.. the two wires in the OEM headlight plug are the negative leads. Single wire is positive.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Banned

According to the vendor .. that's the new style.. sux in my books personally. I suggested in emails he update his picture to reflect what you are actually getting. But he is more than happy to work with you if your not satisfied (refund).
I ended up cutting the hole in back of the OEM cap around 1/2" dia. so the bulb plug ends could fit and took some dense, thick, foam rubber and slit each side running them towards the middle for the wires to slide into, then stuffed that into the 1/2" hole. (about a 5/8 dia. foam rubber plug)
Made two small holes below the 1/2" hole for the power lead wires. Go slightly under your wire diameter and with some good ole spit.. lol.. the spades will pass through. Actually managed to get the passenger side without removing anything extra.. practice on the drivers side was well worth it before getting to it. And if you haven't caught it in the threads.. the two wires in the OEM headlight plug are the negative leads. Single wire is positive.

I did see where the Black or NEGATIVE leads on the kit go to the 2-wire side of the OEM plug. And red lead to the single wire on the OEM plug. Just trying to decide whether I should try to force the OEM plug on or try and cut it and feed through....hmm...decisions...

Has anyone had any luck with NOT cutting the OEM cap and just forcing it on? I assume that would be pretty dang water tight...

Old 05-03-2012, 11:16 PM

no, but I will be ordering these tonight. Let me know what you did