Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Radar Detector...

Old 05-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Radar Detector...

Originally Posted by Tamadx
I have an srt-6 sooooo no i dont have an 04 mirror nor is it auto dimming.

no no the suction cups are doing all the work... there is no wedging at all.. its not touching anything other than a slight contact with the mirror... but thats like laying a needle on your keyboard and saying its for stuctural integrity...

i dont know why every one seems so mind f'ed by this lol.

go and try it your self or clean your window and get new suction sups or something...

the black surface is not porus enough to make it to where it wont stick.
I am mind f'ed by this... I want to mount mine as high as yours, in the exact same spot, except I can't..! I have the 9500i as I previously said and I run into a few problems.

I have a pair of brand new suction cups, still won't stick to the black dots..! ALSO, the detector won't even really FIT there..! There's not enough room and the rear view mirror gets in the way..

I'm so mind boggled how you have it done it makes me sad

Old 05-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nox1s
I am mind f'ed by this... I want to mount mine as high as yours, in the exact same spot, except I can't..! I have the 9500i as I previously said and I run into a few problems.

I have a pair of brand new suction cups, still won't stick to the black dots..! ALSO, the detector won't even really FIT there..! There's not enough room and the rear view mirror gets in the way..

I'm so mind boggled how you have it done it makes me sad
hahaha i will take more pics later... clean the surface better and it all reality it goes next to the mirror not over it... look at where the dots end and imagine your radar there.

it is right on the edge of the dots. right right most suction cup is almost not even on the dots

Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you mount tape (velcro) to the black dots, will it damage the area if you have to remove the tape?

Old 07-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joejones
If you mount tape (velcro) to the black dots, will it damage the area if you have to remove the tape?
Should not affect the dot matrix on this area, as long as you use a good adhesive remover when taking it off...