Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

A nice freebie from Crutchfield

Old 06-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default A nice freebie from Crutchfield

JVC KD-S100 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com?

If you get this head unit, a pair of Infinity 6022i speakers for free?

Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A nice freebie from Crutchfield

I bought one of these last week and have it installed. The install was very easy and the silver trim matches closely. The Bonjiovi Sound Enhancement system is superb. This unit really makes the stock speakers sound great! I have capacitors on the stock door speakers but haven't decided to install the Infinity 6022i's that came with the unit. Not sure how much better they'd be over the stock ones. Opinions, anyone??
Crutchfield is a great company to deal with and you can't beat the current price on this unit. If anyone out there is considering a head unit upgrade, I highly recommend this one.

Last edited by RCROSFYR; 07-22-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:57 AM

where do u see info on free speakers?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been watching this unit for some time, originally $600. Last week it was $200 with the free $70 speakers, now $130 w/o the speakers. Every thing I've been looking for, front side USB, and SD card MP3, 6 channel preamp out at 5 volts. And it is silver. Ordered it. Will post pictures after I install.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, Max, nice find, I may do this as well. I'll bring her down, for you to help, what say you....LOL>>>

Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by RCROSFYR
I bought one of these last week and have it installed. The install was very easy and the silver trim matches closely. The Bonjiovani Sound Enhancement system is superb. This unit really makes the stock speakers sound great! I have capacitors on the stock door speakers but haven't decided to install the Infinity 6022i's that came with the unit. Not sure how much better they'd be over the stock ones. Opinions, anyone??
Crutchfield is a great company to deal with and you can't beat the current price on this unit. If anyone out there is considering a head unit upgrade, I highly recommend this one.
I've been touting these speakers since last year! They are a universe better than the OEM mids-install them!

Old 07-21-2009, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Wow, Max, nice find, I may do this as well. I'll bring her down, for you to help, what say you....LOL>>>
Oh- what the hey. But only for a friend!

Old 07-21-2009, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Romio
where do u see info on free speakers?
That was a deal for only that week.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:49 PM

It does not come with speakers according the the adviser, they would cost around 69.00

Old 07-22-2009, 03:49 AM

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF BOSS AUDIO. ARE THEY ANY GOOD? I AM LOOKING FOR A SYSTEM THAT HAD A FLIP OUT MONITOR AT A GOOD PRICE AND I RAN ACROSS BOSS AUDIO.
Amazon.com: Boss BV9972 7-Inch Widescreen In-Dash Motorized Touchscreen TFT Monitor/DVD/MP3/CD Combo Receiver: Electronics

Old 07-22-2009, 07:21 AM
Old 07-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikep330
HAS ANYONE HEARD OF BOSS AUDIO. ARE THEY ANY GOOD? I AM LOOKING FOR A SYSTEM THAT HAD A FLIP OUT MONITOR AT A GOOD PRICE AND I RAN ACROSS BOSS AUDIO.
Amazon.com: Boss BV9972 7-Inch Widescreen In-Dash Motorized Touchscreen TFT Monitor/DVD/MP3/CD Combo Receiver: Electronics

you'll get what you pay for. chances are if you have to ask "has anyone heard of this company", it's an off brand company producing junk. not 100% of the time, but most.. it'll be junk.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:49 PM

I bought one of these last week and have it installed. The install was very easy and the silver trim matches closely. The Bonjiovi Sound Enhancement system is superb. This unit really makes the stock speakers sound great! I have capacitors on the stock door speakers but haven't decided to install the Infinity 6022i's that came with the unit. Not sure how much better they'd be over the stock ones. Opinions, anyone??
I have been thinking of installing this head unit in my crossfire. You mention this was pretty easy to install but when I called to purchase this from Crutchfield they said I had to bypass my factory amp and wire the speakers direct. Then purchase another amp for the sub woofer. I asked him what the premap output was for on the radio and he said it would not work with a factory amp. I seem to recall from other postings the 5v output was a good thing for us. Could you possibly give me some insight on what your easy install entailed?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:36 PM

It looks like a good price, does anyone know if it works with iphone 3g?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:07 PM

Crutchfield provided me with an adapter harness which wired up almost color-to-color with the wires coming from the new head unit. There are 2 or 3 wires on the adapter harness that are not used and the red & yellow have to be reversed. The adapter harness plugs directly into the factory radio harness. From my POV it seems very easy and the factory amp still works as before. Make sure you have the Bongiovi Circuitry engaged (push button ot top right of head unit). It makes a world of difference. Hopes this info helps you decide.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:11 PM

I use my iphone 3G with this unit by using an adapter cable which plugs into the stereo (red & white) RCA connectors on the back of the unit. The other end is a male mini stereo connector which plugs into the top (headphone jack) of the iphone. I ran the cable through the top left side in the glove box and store the cord in the netting on the passenger side of the tranny hump.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:16 PM

Oh ok so just by using the aux cable then, how does this affect the souind? Do you know if you can use the pandora app this way? That has been my main goal.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Forum Regular

Crutchfield provided me with an adapter harness which wired up almost color-to-color with the wires coming from the new head unit. There are 2 or 3 wires on the adapter harness that are not used and the red & yellow have to be reversed. The adapter harness plugs directly into the factory radio harness. From my POV it seems very easy and the factory amp still works as before. Make sure you have the Bongiovi Circuitry engaged (push button ot top right of head unit). It makes a world of difference. Hopes this info helps you decide.
So are you saying that this is a pretty easy install. From your post it appears this way. If so I am going to pull the trigger on this. BUt want to make sure that aside from a few of the key mods that you mention she is almost a bolt on.

Well either way just ordered mine!!

THanks

Nate

Last edited by nate_man; 08-06-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:35 PM

Thank you RCROSFYR,

I think I will give it a shot and order it.

I came across this coupon code to drop the price another $20 if anyone else is interested in buying this unit. Not sure how long it will be good for. The code is 3a825. I put it in special offers/catalog block at the bottom of one of the pages when I entered the order.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Forum Regular

Does anyone have a picture of this headunit in their car??? I was leaning toward the jvc 5.4in. monitor headunit, but who can complain with cheaper, functional one.. just maybe not as purty

Kolme

Quick Reply: A nice freebie from Crutchfield