Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

stereo upgrade. '07 convertible

Old 03-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo upgrade. '07 convertible

what's the best sound upgrade under $ 750. for an 07 convertible, please................... thanks , paul

Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: stereo upgrade. 07 convertible

Hi Paul. Probably the easiest (and cheapest) upgrade:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-buck-mod.html

Also, do you have a base or Limited '07? The base roadsters and coupes did not come with a subwoofer.

I have personally replaced the stock unit on both of my Crossfires mainly for blue tooth and MP3 player (non-ipod) support.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not certain what radio you have (Stock or NAV), but in any case, I'd say the first thing to do is the PELKED1 capacitor upgrade. Members here helped me out with getting this done and believe me, the 20 minutes that it took to do were WELL worth the effort! Do it!
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-buck-mod.html

If you have a NAV radio then get Rudy Compart's iPhone/iPod/Flash Drive upgrade done! Cost is about $230 and gives you control of the iDevice from the radio. Rudy (Accelerated Industries) is a treat to work with and many members here will atest to his skills (both technical and inter-personal).
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...adio-here.html

If you don't have a NAV radio (as was the case with me), you can purchase one online for under $200 and go from there). Total cost would be well under $550.

You mentioned a convertible. Consider the Quick Touch switch for your top (also from Rudy). Too, you might want to consider a wind resistictor (I personally like the ADAMESH from Great Britain) or some of the others. Finally, you may want to do K&N air filters, change out the cabin air filter, get a Eurocharged tune (we have a group in Southern Ontario that Bluecoupe (Steve) is organizing to do this with) and then get the following spare parts: steering stabilizer, crankshaft position sensor, some $5/quart oil on sale at Advanced Auto right now) and some Mann Fleece filters for your cupboard.

That should spend most of your $750, get you some great additions and the most appropriate spare parts. Each of them worthwhile. Oh, and get yourself to a local get together and introduce yourself. BTW, share everything that you learn!

That is what this forum and the members have taught me over the past 4 months!

Old 03-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget this capacitor mod if you have 750 USD.

1,)
Dampen the doors and the rear wall with alubutyl and foam. 100-120 USD

2.)
Replace the stock hu with an Alpine Imprint unit. For example a IDA-X305 and add a PXA-H100 processor and the microphone, so you can do an automatic setup.
500 USD

3.)
Buy some good tweeters that will fit into the a-pillow. Then you'll have a much better staging.
100 USD

4.)
30 USD for wiring and additional installtion stuff

5.)
The new tweeters will looped back through the hu amp. So you will not need an additional amp, or new loudspeakers. The result is a very good sounding hifi system with correct time alignment, eq and staging.

If you have detailed questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards
Markus