Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Kenwood KMR-D562BT Owners - Volume ???

Old 02-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Kenwood KMR-D562BT Owners - Volume ???

Looks like what happened the author of the Install pdf:

I settled on the Kenwood KMR-D562BT. Advisor suggested that i use Metra 70-1786 and a Scosche SLC4 Line Output Converter to connect to the amp. He said the volume would be too low without the Line converter

Looks like using the pre-outs shouldn't always be the default choice.

Last edited by bodhijames; 02-22-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking for a replacement for my stock stereo CD in my 2004 Crossfire to add bluetooth primarily. I had kind of settled on a Kenwood unit (either this one or one with a slightly lower number). I was going to get it from BestBuy and have them install it.

I went to check with the BestBuy installers first. They told me that I would be unhappy with any of the Marine variety of units as they are designed for boats and have less low end, hence sounding tinny. He said he installed one for a customer and had to take it back out. I'm concerned, since I can't find any aluminum finish units that are not Marine.

Don't know what to believe as others I've talked to on the FB site love theirs. Sigh.

Bill

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
billcrossfire 013116 - 1W.jpg (278.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-22-2016, 05:44 PM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

I have this Kenwood in both Crossfires and after reading thru the last few posts the needle on my BS meter is bouncing pretty high.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Received 563 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by bledrew
I've been looking for a replacement for my stock stereo CD in my 2004 Crossfire to add bluetooth primarily. I had kind of settled on a Kenwood unit (either this one or one with a slightly lower number). I was going to get it from BestBuy and have them install it.

I went to check with the BestBuy installers first. They told me that I would be unhappy with any of the Marine variety of units as they are designed for boats and have less low end, hence sounding tinny. He said he installed one for a customer and had to take it back out. I'm concerned, since I can't find any aluminum finish units that are not Marine.

Don't know what to believe as others I've talked to on the FB site love theirs. Sigh.

Bill
Seems you have a choice to make, you believe us and the FB people or you believe the kid who did not graduate from high school.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by JSK
I have this Kenwood in both Crossfires and after reading thru the last few posts the needle on my BS meter is bouncing pretty high.

It didn't make any sense to me either. He said there are differences, but I just thought it would be more moisture resistance.

I'm going to check with CarToys, but will probably proceed as planned. So far I've gotten nothing but the best advice in this forum. It is very much appreciated.

I'll post my results. Thanks. Bill

Old 02-22-2016, 09:13 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bodhijames
Agreed, I really like the number of editable parameters that the 562BT offers. I have tweaked every possible parameter in hopes of squeezing a little more perceived loudness/headroom. But as mentioned I could easily bury it on 35 and not even have my wife complain!

I do have the Scoshce VW01B harness so I'll get the installers to swap out their recommended Metra 70-1786 with the Scoshce.

I can't wait to hear the system with a little more juice.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Craig
I have the VW01B and I have no problem with volume at all.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:32 PM
Administrator
Received 889 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Seems you have a choice to make, you believe us and the FB people or you believe the kid who did not graduate from high school.
I wish I'd posted that....

Old 02-22-2016, 10:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bledrew
It didn't make any sense to me either. He said there are differences, but I just thought it would be more moisture resistance.

I'm going to check with CarToys, but will probably proceed as planned. So far I've gotten nothing but the best advice in this forum. It is very much appreciated.

I'll post my results. Thanks. Bill
From what I understand, the real differences are, mild coating on the circuit board and dust seal on CD tray, silver color, and no option for HD Radio. Plus I think (not sure) that they have a wired remote option, that is primarily for the marine head units, since you are not always in arm's reach of the dash on a boat.
I also have considered getting the radio I want, and using the silver trim and faceplate from the marine radio (or at least the silver plastic parts from the faceplate) In the whole scheme of things they are cheap enough to buy 2 to get it closer to how you want your car.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:54 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

As noted in MANY posts.. if you feel you need to go pre amp output.. make sure it's pushing 4V .. anything less is not going to be satisfactory in the volume department. If you select one you like and its less than this.. go speaker outputs.. NOMATTER what your expert installer says. Too many members in the past have "been there done that".. and it doesn't change with time.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:11 PM
Forum Regular

Hi gang...
Thinking of the Kenwood, anything special about the install??
Simple plug and play???
I went from the oem to a Blaupknt and not happy.
Thanks

Old 02-23-2016, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by deltacrossfirebob
Hi gang...
Simple plug and play???
Thanks
Read this it"s easy.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1456260632

Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
Buck62 (05-04-2024)
Old 02-23-2016, 03:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by deltacrossfirebob
Hi gang...
Simple plug and play???
Thanks
Totally depends on why you weren't happy with the Blaupunkt. If it is for features, then you might like the Kenwood, if for sound reasons, maybe not.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:16 AM

My son & I just installed the KMR-D562BT with the Metra 70-1786 on Saturday (exactly per the GregWork's post, the Metra uses the speaker outs, no line converter) (and snapped in only the bottom of the trim ring, looks great) in his 2004 Limited coupe and were very happy with the result - we feel a significant volume gain (and better fidelity) over the stock Infinity w/o Nav. It WAS easy! We checked our subwoofers and the foam surrounds were still good. I'm guessing the VW01B is exactly the same as the Metra (a speaker-out harness), just different manufacturer, so no benefit to switching those out. Perhaps the OEM amp is not receiving the turn-on signal (or mains power) or has failed...

I just wanted to reinforce that the forum-standard Kenwood direct speaker-out connection to the factory amp works great. Or should We find 30-35 volume unbearable for longer than a few seconds.

Last edited by Kowmander; 02-24-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:44 PM

Hey All,

I wanted to post a quick follow up to my Kenwood volume issues.
I’m happy to report that Cameron (owner) of Fusion Auto Sound here in Des Moines got me all fixed up. It was a quick swap of the Metra 1786 for the Scosche VW01B with the proper pin changes. Now I have more clean head room/dbs than my ears could ever handle. I’m really happy with the improvement of the Kenwood over the stock head unit.

I’m a small business owner so I understand the importance of customer service and accountability. Out of all of my advertising methods, word of mouth is still my most important form of advertising. I think the true test of any business is how things are handled when there is a problem. The staff at F.A.S. couldn’t have been more professional in taking care of the situation. I had a nice chat with Cameron and I fully understand and agree with their reasoning behind wanting to use the Metra harness. Super nice guy with over 25 years of professional installation experience and the carpal tunnel surgery scars to prove it. I plan on being a return customer and I won’t hesitate to recommend them to any of my students or musician friends.

On more of a downer note, I had an intermittent check engine light (P0140 code) light up this morning as I was enjoying the more robust tunes on my drive. Once the weather improves and I get regular access to the car, that will be first on my Crossfire To Do List. I’ve already done some research here on the site but will more than welcome some help and assistance from members to help get rid of the code.

Thanks to everyone for your volume feedback and man do I love my car!!!!
Cheers,
Craig

Last edited by bodhijames; 02-24-2016 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
Buck62 (05-04-2024)
Old 02-24-2016, 03:40 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

On the P0140 code, either first try the RCM resolder yourself, or send it to DJ ( tighed1 ) and he'll do his usual professional job for a nominal fee.
He will do the resolder, and replace the air pump relay if needed.

see: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-solution.html

and

see : https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post430634

OOOOPS !! dislexia kicking in again.
You said P0140, not P0410 !
That is an O2 sensor code, not an air pump code, sorry.

Last edited by ala_xfire; 02-24-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by bodhijames
Hey All,

I wanted to post a quick follow up to my Kenwood volume issues.
I’m happy to report that Cameron (owner) of Fusion Auto Sound here in Des Moines got me all fixed up. It was a quick swap of the Metra 1786 for the Scosche VW01B with the proper pin changes. Now I have more clean head room/dbs than my ears could ever handle. I’m really happy with the improvement of the Kenwood over the stock head unit.

I’m a small business owner so I understand the importance of customer service and accountability. Out of all of my advertising methods, word of mouth is still my most important form of advertising. I think the true test of any business is how things are handled when there is a problem. The staff at F.A.S. couldn’t have been more professional in taking care of the situation. I had a nice chat with Cameron and I fully understand and agree with their reasoning behind wanting to use the Metra harness. Super nice guy with over 25 years of professional installation experience and the carpal tunnel surgery scars to prove it. I plan on being a return customer and I won’t hesitate to recommend them to any of my students or musician friends.
Thanks to everyone for your volume feedback and man do I love my car!!!!
Cheers,
Craig
It is cheaper and easier to keep an old customer than find a new one, it is an old saying but true.
Many companies forget that and it costs them big time.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:09 AM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The Infinity amp needs a high level input, use only speaker wires from the deck.
the Infinity amp is actually not bad at all . the sharc dsp in it does xovers, time alignment and freq correction for the car . Infinty spent a bit on it.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by daveesrt6
The Infinity amp needs a high level input, use only speaker wires from the deck.
the Infinity amp is actually not bad at all . the sharc dsp in it does xovers, time alignment and freq correction for the car . Infinty spent a bit on it.
Actually from what other members report.. a 4V output on the HU preamp works satisfactorily ..

Old 03-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Actually from what other members report.. a 4V output on the HU preamp works satisfactorily ..
I can testify to that.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

sorry i thought we were talking about the kenwood d562bt here , its 2 v out and would be very quiet.
yes 4v out should be fine.
which silver headunits have 4v out ?

Last edited by daveesrt6; 03-03-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Kenwood KMR-D562BT Owners - Volume ???