Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

carmax experience...

Old 08-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: carmax experience...

Originally Posted by upstate
Not to beat a dead horse but that is what I said. Black book as others gets there prices from several auctions and regions (most of the auctions are Manheim).
Upstate, I wasn't trying to walk on ya, or be redundant. I was typing up my post when you submitted yours. (I'm a little slow on the keyboard).
Speaking of Manheim auctions, have you ever been to the one in Orlando? I believe it's the largest in the world. I know it bigger than the town I grew up in.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by upstate
Not to beat a dead horse but that is what I said. Black book as others gets there prices from several auctions and regions (most of the auctions are Manheim).
Originally Posted by +fireamx
Upstate, I wasn't trying to walk on ya, or be redundant. I was typing up my post when you submitted yours. (I'm a little slow on the keyboard).
Speaking of Manheim auctions, have you ever been to the one in Orlando? I believe it's the largest in the world. I know it bigger than the town I grew up in).
That's OK. I have not been to Orlando but the folks at Manheim tell me the original spot in Manheim PA is the largest. I'm not sure now if that is volume or size of the parcel?

Old 08-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had two personal experiences with Carmax and their buy offers.

The first was after my brother passed away. I needed to sell his car which was in ridiculously bad condition. The offer they made was more than fair in light of its condition and I took the money and ran.

The second experience came when I was shopping for my Crossfire. I had an Acura Integra GSR that was in immaculate condition. The local Chrysler dealer gave a trade-in allowance that seemed way too low but they wouldn't budge. On my way to a Chrysler dealer about 15 miles away, I stopped by the nearby Carmax just to see what they would offer. After about 15 minutes, they came back with an offer that was a few hundred dollars ABOVE the KBB value for my car in excellent condition.

Armed with that quote, I was able to negotiate a MUCH better deal at the next Chrysler place. And the rest is history.

Overall, I am very impressed with Carmax's car buying system.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew
to assist another board member (out of state) with an idea of what their crossfire was worth via carmax... i took my car to them for an idea of appraisal value (less than 5 miles away from my home).

i have to say i was quite impressed. considering new '04s on dealer lots can be had for around 19k or so...

my '04 car has 27,200 miles on it... in near perfect condition... they offered me $17,500. (cash offer... as they call it). a direct buy... no car purchase from them.

i thought this price was very fair.

and no i'm not getting rid of my car to carmax... just trying to help out another board member.
Thanks Andrew, I really appreciate you saving me a 600 mile round trip to C-Bus. Not that I mind driving it, but that would've been a LONG ride home knowing I'd get about $18.5K for my ride and the buyout price is like $23.5K... Thus shooting down any chance of me getting out of my Crossfire and into the EVO that I really need. OH well, I've enjoyed the ride so far and for the next 22 months I will continue to do so...unless someone takes me up on my offer...HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Once again, thanks Andrew!